1992 Dawson Yachts 38 Express
The Bimini Blue is a limited production 38 Dawson Express hardtop. She is unique from other express boats with her raised helm area - featuring three helm chairs. Just aft of the helm, port and starboard bench seats provide abundant seating and storage. The Bimini Blue features twin Detroit Diesels 6-71's. In addition, the Bimini Blue had a Northern Lights generator installed new in 2005 with only 378 hours. The Bimini Blue is a serious fishing machine with a great ride thanks to her 24 degree deadrise. Yet she offers a very comfortable interior. This is a lot of boat for the money!
The Bimini Blue is an express model 38 Dawson with a hardtop featuring a large teak cockpit and a raised helm area. Amidship, there is port and starboard bench seating with storage. There is a transom door with gate - to starboard. This boat is a fisherman's dream!
Down below in her cabin, the galley is to port with a convertible dinette to starboard. Forward of the galley is the head with stall shower. The master stateroom is all the way forward and features generous overhead storage lockers - port and starboard. In addition, there is a cedar lined hanging locker.
The Bimini Blue features a large cockpit with a teak cockpit and teak covering boards. To starboard there is a custom transom door with gate. There is a cockpit freezer to starboard and a bait prep cabinet to port.
- In-deck fish box
- Under gunwale storage lockers
- Bait prep cabinet to port with freshwater and stainless steel sink
- Freezer cabinet to starboard
- Cockpit courtesy lighting
- Dockside freshwater inlet
- Fresh and Salt water washdown
- Corner hawsepipes and stainless stainless steel cleats
- Six gunwale flush mount rod holders
- Hydraulic engine hatch lift
- Built in step - port and starboard - to access going forward or boarding
Forward of the cockpit is a generous seating and storage area. This deck is two steps up from the cockpit and features a teak sole. There are two bench seating style boxes with cushions and they open for tremendous storage.
- Teak sole
- Engine room access - day hatch
- Port and starboard cushioned bench seating - seats 6 - storage below
- Centerline entry to cabin
- Entry stepbox to helm area - to port
The Bimini Blue features a raised helm deck area and three helm chairs. This affords great visibility forward and aft. A 3-sided enclosure keeps you dry and AC vents are port and starboard.
- Centerline helm
- Separate throttle and clutch controls - Panish
- (2) overhead lights
- Trim tabs
- Aluminum steering wheel
- Three pedestal helm chairs - teak backs and fiberglass seats with cushions
- Storage lockers - port and starboard
- Stereo speakers - port and starboard
- 3-sided enclosure - U-zips centerline and port and starboard
The Bimini Blue has a generous array of electronics.
- Uniden digital depth
- Garmin 2010C GPS map
- Furuno FCV-1100L LCD sounder
- Furuno NavPilot
- (2) Standard Horizon VHF's with remote speakers
- Furuno 8 tone daylight display radar - open array antenna
- Ritchie compass
- RCL 100 remote spotlight
Main Cabin Entry
Entry from the amidship deck is centerline and through a hinged doorway and top hatch - down three teak steps to the cabin. The cabin features a parquet teak deck and teak trim throughout. Ample overhead lighting throughout the cabin.
Entering the cabin, the galley is to port. Aft, there is an electric two burner stove and forward is a stainless steel sink. In between there is a large refrigerator with top freezer. There is generous storage above and below the counters.
- Teak parquet sole
- Princess two burner stove aft
- Norcold large refrigerator with top freezer compartment
- Double stainless steel sink with single lever faucet
- Teak cabinets above and below counters
- Overhead light
To starboard, across from the galley is the convertible dinette. This area features the entertainment system and generous storage throughout.
- U-shaped Dinette converts to double bed
- Table on aluminum pedestal
- Overhead lighting
- Mirrored storage lockers - outboard
- Sylvania TV/DVD and VHS - aft bulkhead
- Sony 12v stereo - 2 speakers
- Horizon VHF marine radio
- Sea 322 single side band radio
- Hinged panel covers entertainment center
The head is to port and forward of the galley. Generous in size, there is a shower stall forward of the head area.
- Sliding privacy door - teak
- Teak parquet sole
- Overhead lighting
- Mirrored medicine cabinet
- Storage locker under medicine cabinet
- Sink with single lever faucet
- Storage under counter
- GFCI outlet
- Electric head
- Stall shower with plexi door, seat and storage cabinet
- Overhead light in shower stall
All the way forward is the master stateroom. There is tremendous storage below the berth and storage lockers overhead. In addition, there is a large cedar-lined locker aft and to starboard.
- Privacy door
- Overhead light
- Overhead hatch
- Decorative bed spread
- Numerous accent pillows
- Mirrored storage lockers - port and starboard
- Six storage drawers under berth
- Mirrored front panel to anchor access
- Bullet reading lights - forward
- Jump bench seats - port and starboard
- Hanging locker - cedar lined
The Bimini Blue has a diesel Northern Lights generator with only 378 hours.
- Northern Lights 5kw generator - model M753W3 - 378 hours
- (2) 30 amp shore power cords
- Electrical panel to starboard - entering cabin
- SMX II Cruisair - control in Master
- 120V outlet dinette - GFCI in head and galley
- Aluminum frame hardtop - 3 rod holders per aft leg
- Cockpit spreader lights - aft on hardtop
- Lovett shower sump pump
- Y-valve for head system
- Bilge pumps and fire extinguishers
- Engine room Fireboy system
- Storage behind cabin steps
- Guest battery switches
- Racor engine fuel filtration
- Engine room lighting
- VDO gauges
- Hi-water alarm
- Single spreader outriggers
- Center rigger
- Pulpit with windlass
- Downrigger plate - transom to port
- Navigation lights
While we attempt to display current and accurate data, this listing may not reflect the most recent transactions or may contain occasional data entry errors. Selling agent makes no warranties, express or implied, regarding the content or availability of the products described herein. All inventory listed is subject to availability and prior sale. Please consult selling agent for details. Prices are quoted for the USA only and may not include transportation, taxes, or other applicable charges. Photographs may be representative only and may vary somewhat from the actual items offered for sale. We will not be responsible for inaccurate data obtained from our site. Please check with your local dealer to ensure that you have the latest information available. Information on this web site could include technical inaccuracies or typographical errors. Changes may be periodically made to the information or the products herein. Questions or comments regarding these policies may be directed to website hosting agent.