1995 Luhrs 38 Open 2008 Cummins Power
REPOWERED IN 2008 WITH CUMMINS QSC 8.3 L DIESEL ENGINES.
A versatile fishing and cruising boat that will need some minor clean up and TLC.
Luhrs came up with a real beauty in the 38 Open, a versatile and feature-packed fishing machine with a very inviting price. Open sport fishermen have been growing in length and popularity in recent years, and this is becoming a very competitive market. Built on a wide, low-profile hull with cored hull sides, the 38 Open is a roomy and capable offshore boat. Her large bi- level cockpit layout includes a unique centerline helm console, flanking full- length lounge seating with rod storage under, molded transom fish box, and a full tower. Below, the interior is notable for its spacious layout and stylish decor-impressive indeed for a serious fishing boat. Additional features include a standard tuna tower, hydraulic bridge deck lift mechanism for superb engine room access, pop-up electronics display at the helm and side exhausts. A good-running boat with excellent range.
Entering from the port and starboard side and into the cockpit you realize how large the Luhrs 38 truly is. Built-in transom fish locker, outboard rod storage and ample storage make the cockpit a fisherman’s delight. Wide side decks make maneuverability forward and access to the outriggers a breeze. Port and starboard aluminum ladders allow quick and easy access to the tower above. The helm deck opens to reveal the engine compartment making routine checks and maintenance easy. Up one step is the helm deck with a center-line helm seat and console allowing a panoramic view. There is an electronics box that opens forward of the helm and there are electronics mounted over the helm. Port and starboard settees allow seating for a crowd and built-in under the settees is rod storage. Forward and to starboard is a chart area protected with a clear acrylic cover. The helm deck is enclosed with a three sided Stamoid enclosure. Access into the cabin is through the center sliding companionway. Down four steps you enter the cabin. To port and elevated one step is the “L” shaped galley area. The galley offers excellent food preparation and storage areas, Corian countertops, stainless steel refrigerator and freezer drawers, microwave oven and dual stainless steel sinks, the galley will please the discriminating onboard chef. Across from the galley and to port is the large head complete with an electric toilet, separate shower area, Corian countertops, and ample storage compartments. The main salon features port and starboard settees with storage under the seat and behind the upper cushions. There are cabinets, to port and cabinets to starboard with additional cabinets with sliding black acrylic doors. The starboard side also features a watch berth outboard and above the settee. The stateroom is all the way forward and features a center-lined double berth with three drawers under, a cedar-lined hanging locker starboard, mirrored cabinet to port and outboard storage shelving.
Galley down and along the port side of the aft salon. Up one step the galley will please the onboard chef.
- Corian countertops
- Double stainless steel sink with faucet
- Electric two burner stove top
- Black and Decker Space Saver coffee maker
- Panasonic built-in microwave oven
- U-Line stainless steel drawer refrigerator
- U-Line stainless steel drawer freezer
- Ample counter top, cabinet and drawers for storage
- Bow pulpit with stainless steel anchor roller
- Fortress anchor with chain and rope rode
- Simpson-Lawrence electric anchor windlass with foot and helm controls
- Aluminum stanchions and deck hardware
- Full tower with buggy top and helm seat
- Full hard top and three sided Stamoid enclosure around helm deck
- Aluminum supports and ladder to tower
- Rupp double spreader outriggers with center rigger
- Transom with tuna door on port side
- Built-in transom fish locker
- Port and starboard built-in rod storage
Electronics & Helm
- Aqua Meter compass at both helms
- Garmin GPS Map 4212 color chart plotter at lower helm
- Furuno NAV-NET color radar and chart plotter at lower helm
- Furuno 72 M open array radar
- ICOM ICM-302 VHF radio with DSC
- ICOM ICM-304 VHF radio w/ DSC
- Raytheon Ray Pilot 650 autopilot
- Bennett trim tabs
The panel is located on the overhead just forward of the companionway.
- 12 volt DC and 120 volt AC volt electrical systems
- Electrical distribution panel with circuit breakers and AC/DC Volts and Amp meters
- (2) 30 Amp shore power connections with cords and splitter
- Marine reverse cycle air conditioning and heat with electronic controls
- Pro-Mariner Pro Nautic 1250 automatic battery charger
- Stainless steel dual horns
- Jabsco stainless steel remote controlled spot light
- Aft facing and side facing docking lights
- Kuuma stainless steel 6 gallon hot water heater
- Panasonic television in main cabin
The engine room access is wonderful. The helm deck open with an electric ram allowing complete 360 degree access.
- 2008 Cummins QSC 8.3 Liter 500 hp diesel engines, fresh water cooled with 1650 hours.
- Cummins Smart Craft Vessel View engine displays at lower helm
- Cummins Smart Craft RPM gauge at upper helm with volt, temp, and oil pressure gauges
- Dual Morse engine and transmission controls at both helms
- Sea Star hydraulic steering at both helms
- Racor primary fuel filters
- Oil X-Changer system for ease of engine oil changes
Re-Powered in 2008 with reliable Cummins engines. This 38 has been an offshore fishing machine taking the current owner from Maine to Florida. She will need some TLC and general clean up but this new powered Luhrs 38 makes her an excellent choice.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.Mechanical Disclaimer
* Engine hours are as of the date of the original listing and are a representation of what the listing broker is told by the owner and/or actual reading of the engine hour meters. The broker cannot guarantee the true hours. It is the responsibility of the purchaser and/or his agent to verify engine hours, warranties implied or otherwise and major overhauls as well as all other representations noted on the listing brochure.