1999 Jim Smith 2014 C32 Caterpillars
EASY TO SEE AT HMY'S HARBOR POINT MARINA LOCATION!
PLEASE CLICK ON THE VIDEO LINK AT THE TOP OF THE PAGE FOR A MORE IN-DEPTH VIEW OF THIS VESSEL.
"Houdini", 1999 71' JIM SMITH, received a 1.25 million dollar, 11-month refit completed at Jarrett Bay Boatworks in November 2014.
Jarrett Bay Boat Works and Gregory Poole Caterpillar completed her repower in May 2014. The repower includes a pair of CAT C32 D-Rated 1650hp engines, ZF new transmissions, new props, new shafts and twin 20 KW Caterpillar generators. She passed her Caterpillar PAR test with flying colors, with a top end of 40 kts. She boasts a 600 mile range at 30kts, burning only 100 gph.
New painted foredeck, New A/V, New Garmin electronics package, New Palm Beach Towers hardtop & enclosure, new marine chillers and much more!
2008 - Bayliss Boat Works completed a new fully refrigerated Mezzanine, teak deck, covering boards, paint and electronics upgrade.
2016 - Bottom soda-blasted and repainted by Michael Rybovich & Sons
Houdini has a three-stateroom/three-head layout which includes an owner's suite forward and guest suite amidship. Heads are finished with teak and holly flooring. Traditional varnished teak is used on all bulkheads, cabinets, rails and drawers. Instead of the traditional dinette, the boat's owner opted for an office suite that includes two large file drawers and a desk housing a computer and fax machine (both of which are routed to the boat's landline, cellular and satellite phone systems). A bookshelf, large chairs, bar stools and large granite bar, complete with the traditional brass kick bar, contribute to the antique look while the 46’’ Samsung , remote-control high/low table and pneumatic pop-up sofa bring a modern edge.
- New Carpet Throughout Vessel
- New Lighting Switches Throughout Vessel
Two luxurious, thick leather sofas are found to port, each with enough stowage below for everything...plus a custom Teak table with marble top and remote controlled hydraulic system that raises/lowers the table for the perfect height for dining or entertaining. Opposite and aft is a custom top loading ice bin with stainless insert fed by an Eskimo shaved ice machine. Directly forward are two matching designer leather recliners with a marble top end table, with drawer stowage. Furthest forward is the entertainment featuring a 46" TV hardwired to two separate DSS boxes. The audio end features DVD Player Yamaha Receiver with built in Surround Sound and Sub Woofer system.
- 2014 New carpet and padding in the salon
- 2014 Air Salon door
- 2014 46'' Samsung HG "Apple" TV
- 2014 Yamaha RXV677 - AV Receiver
- 2015 New valances and salon pillows
Forward to port is the Galley and Breakfast Bar with three brass and leather stools.
The Galley features a built-in stainless steel, full upright, refrigerator with separate freezer below (hidden in the galley by matched grain teak paneling). Furthest outboard is a double wide sink. Everything in the galley has a home... custom built-in holders for all of the pots and pans, silverware, china plates, glasses and coffee cups. Everything is neatly stowed and nothing rattles when underway. There is stowage everywhere - custom spice pantry, a custom flip up "whiskey sipper" glass and carafes for half gallons of the finest to serve your guests...
- Full upright SS lined refrigerator with freezer below
- Miele four burner cook top stove
- Miele dishwasher
- GE Convection Oven/ Microwave
- Built in coffee maker
“Houdini” features a perfectly dedicated, well appointed office area for a traveling boat. It allows one to keep up with the ships records and you can even slide in a little business on the side. It has fax and computer hook ups that are hard wired into the two SAT phones, as well as the PBX lines. Plus...there is a 56K Satellite transmission with compression software! Plenty of drawers and filing cabinets, reading lamps and a very comfortable lounge chair. There is a beautiful Teak and Holly deck in the galley and office area.
Forward is a gracious master suite with an oversized queen berth with hydraulic lift to storage below, built-in end tables on each side, with a bookcase and six storage cabinets above. Aft in the suite, is a desk with lift up top and drawers. There are two full sized cedar clothes lockers with built-in dresser drawers beneath, one on either side of the cabin. Also built-in is an upholstered easy chair with a matching foot stool.
- New 2014 Flat Screen TV and Receiver
- The Master Head features an over-sized shower located in the bow of the vessel
To the port side of the companion way is the large VIP ensuite cabin with a queen lower berth (storage beneath) and an oversized single berth above. There is a large cedar lined hanging locker, built-in chest of drawers, and built-in T.V.
- 2014 New carpet and padding
- New 2014 Flat Screen TV
Oversized upper and lower bunks with loads of stowage below the lower bunk. The full-sized Cedar-lined hanging locker is more than ample with the drawer stowage beneath. The private head features a shower stall, fresh water head and a vanity. The full-sized stacking washer and dryer are located here, as well, behind locker doors.
- 2014 New carpet and padding
- 2014 Washer & Dryer
The three heads have teak and holly sole, with Corian counters, brass Jado (non tarnishing) faucetry. Headhunter fresh water heads. The starboard guest head has a washer/dryer.
This vessel was built with every possible space being utilized for storage. There are over 75 drawers and cabinet doors built-in to the boat with 24 being in Galley. The owner has traveled extensively on her and remarks, "there is not squeak or rattle in any seas" a true compliment of her pedigree.
- 2014 Newly re-configured helm pod and single lever controls
- 2014 Caterpillar MPD displays
- 2014 Garmin 8215 display
- 2014 Garmin 8208 display
- 2014 (2) Icom 604 VHFs
- 2014 Sitex temperature gauge
- 2014 Garmin radar
- 2014 2 kw Garmin chirp sounder
- 2014 Simrad AP 70 Autopilot
- Flybridge re-wired and all switches newly labeled
- Stidd helm chairs
- 2014 Palm Beach Towers Hardtop (under-side painted to match Hull)
- 2014 6 Lumetic LED red, white and blue lights in hardtop
- 2014 4 Blue LED accent lights
- 2014 EZ2CY three-sided enclosure
- 2104 2 US -9SP Miya Epoch Teaser Reals in hardtop
- Bridge aft rail rod rack for nine rods
- Two US9SP remote control electric teaser reel units.
- Forward of the helm is a giant 24-cubic-foot freezer with two access doors on the bridge. Forward to Starboard is a SS lined drink box/freezer (see the picture included)
- L-shape seating forward and to port with full rod stowage to side and below.
- Fresh water washdown
- Overhead red and green NAV lights built into hardtop
- Quartz spreader lights built into hardtop
- Separate bridge power supply and electrical panels
- 2014 Meridain 9575 Extreme SAT phone, with USB port for computer internet conection
Deck & Hull
2016 - Bottom soda-blasted and repainted by Michael Rybovich & Sons
July, 2014 - Foredeck painted at Jarrett Bay Boat Works
- Teak Toe Rails - re-varnished in 2014
- Removable Polished Stainless Bow Pulpit
- Anchor Locker w/ two built in Fortress anchors
- Fresh water washdown in anchor locker
- Flush Mount Davit for bow (removed and currently in storage)
- Flush mount removable cradle for bow
- 2014 Two blue underwater lights
- Removable polished stainless steel bow pulpit - Anchor Locker on Bow has Freshwater
In 2008 "HOUDINI" was taken to Bayliss Boat Works and the entire cockpit was completely upgraded including new teak deck with bull nose corners, new teak mezzanine deck, new coverboards, new raised mezzanine deck and lounge to port. To starboard, below the cushion, is a custom tackle locker with a Gaggennau grill and polished stainless steel back splash. Below the mezzanine seating (custom seaworthy cushions) is a large stainless steel Top Loading bait freezer. There are two separate stainless steel large refrigerated bait coolers to port, both with dual stainless removable bait trays. Next inboard is the access to the engine room. In front of the salon door is a stainless steel refrigerated drink box with starboard dividers. Both bait boxes and the drink box have thermostats to make them all-but freeze, too. Furthest to starboard is another stowage locker. Pipewelders added a custom flybridge overhang extension that not only accentuates her graceful lines, it provides total shade across the mezzanine deck.
- 2014 Gaggennau grill
- Offset Stanchion with Scoponich Fighting Chair
- Rocket Launcher
- Live Bait Well in deck
- Refrigerated Fish Box in deck
- Drink Box with Freezer
- Wide tuna door
- Dive tank stowage racks for six bottles and a BROWNIE dive compressor in the Aft lazarette
- Custom transom mounted TUNA TUBES with quick disconnects for easy removal.
- Six flush mounted rod holders - four more flush mounted rod holders in the side pilasters
- Custom gaff stowage tubs
- RUPP triple spreader riggers with auto lock connections
- RUPP Center Rigged Spreaders
- Fresh water washdown, dockside phone, TV and two separate 50AMP shore service cords and a Palm Beach custom ladder to bridge
- 2014 Two 20 KW Caterpillar Generators- Port 32 hrs Starboard 25 hrs as of November 1, 2014
- 2014 Generator will have two panels one in the engine room and one in the salon in the location where the current panel is located
- 2014 New bonding wiring
- 12 Volt and 24 Volt DC Systems
- 110 Volt AC System
- 50AMP shore service cords
- 2 Glendennining Cablemasters
- 2014 Batteries for house, generators and main engines
- DUAL C-POWER 50 amp BOOSTERS
- 110 Volt converter 24 volt to 12 volt
Cockpit entrance below Mezzanine seating and below galley deck into the pump room.
MAY 2014 Jarrett Bay Boat Works and Gregory Poole Caterpillar completed a full repower. The new power package includes a pair of CAT C32 D-Rated 1650hp engines, ZF new transmissions and twin 2.2 20 KW Caterpillar generators. *D-Rated for efficiency and continuous wide open operation
- 400 hours on main engines as of September 1, 2015
- 2014 New engine room paint
- 2014 New valves for Main engines and generators.
- 2014 Fuel system with new lines
- 2014 Racor filters
- 2014 Hydraulic steering re-built
- 2014 Electric starting system to the Main Engines and Generators using new cabling
- 2014 New helm pod with new controls and gauges for the Main Engines
- 2014 Generator has two panels one in the engine room and one in the saloon in the location where the current panel is located
- 2014 Caterpillar MPDs on the bridge
- 2014 Custom "Marine Exhaust" exhaust for the New Caterpillar engines
- 2014 (5) New bilge pumps and high water alarms
- 2014 New bridge alarm lights for bilge pumps
- 2014 Completely re-wired the Engine Room
- 2014 New bottom paint, shaft seals, props tuned, prop speed on shafts, struts and props
- 10VT oil change system for mains, gears and both generators. There are two 50 gallon fresh oil reserve tanks and one 50 gallon used oil tank aboard… enough for two complete oil changes plus
- Polished/Mirrored stainless overhead each engine
- Head Hunter fresh water heads
- Dual Head Hunter fresh water pumps with accumulator tanks
- Two Filtration Concepts water makers that can process 2,400 gallons per day, or 100 gallons per hour
- 2014 Water tanks rebuilt
- 2014 ESKIMO 600lbs per day shaved ice machine
- Fresh water filters
- Salt water filter
- 2014 Two 36000 BTU Dometic chillers, either one of which could cool the boat on its own.
- Air Compressor
- BROWNIE dive tank compressor
- Fuel transfer pumps, dual
- Four fuel tanks - 420 gallons forward, 1100 gallons Main and (2) 240 gallon saddle tanks all with sight gauges (All 4 tanks emptied, chemically cleaned and examined with cameras)
- Lenco electric trim tabs
- Sea chests with dual pickup's for each engine
- 2014 Dripless shaft seals
- New 2014 Shafts, Rudders and Props
- Separate breaker panel in engine space for all systems
- AC and DC lighting throughout
- Automatic fire control system
- Thermostat controlled massive engine room blowers
- Built in tool box
- Telephone/Intercom system
- High water alarm system
- Built-in spare parts stowage shelves