2004 Cabo 40 Express Sportfish CAT C-12
This Cabo 40 is in superior, TURN KEY condition and absolutely ready to fish and cruise. Professionally maintained and managed by a knowledgeable captain, this vessel has received the care by an owner that understands the concept of "pride in ownership". PICTURES COMING ASAP!
EXCELLENT ELECTRONICS PACKAGE INCLUDES: The 3 Furuno NavNet 10.5" units were just updated by certified Furuno techs, Furuno Autopilot(2), Furuno GP-32, Furuno RD-30(2), SeaTel Sat TV, FLIR Camera, Icom VHF radios, & Fusion Stereo complete the electronics suite. Caterpillar single level controls with optional emergency backup controls allow ease of maneuvering offshore as well as at the dock.
Vessel was totally wet-sanded and polished with a 3-part system, and the Pipewleders tower shows fantastic. The triple spreader Pipewelders Outriggers & Center Rigger were removed, wet-sanded and coated with a proprietary new 2-part epoxy system, and show like new, as well as rebuilt with new grommets and re-rigged with fresh lines and clips. Other features include NEW CruiseAir Helm A/C 16k BTU(NEW IN 5/2016), 4 Sided Enclosure, Cockpit Freezer, Fish-Box Freezer Plate, Livewell w/ Window, and Reel Colors Electric Teaser Reels , NEW Lifeline AGM Batteries(4 House & 2 Starting) in 5/2016).
The major 1000 hour service has recently been completed by Caterpillar with all Main Engine Oil/Gear Oil & Cooling Fluids, NEW Impellers, NEW water pumps, checking and adjustment of the Valve Clearances, Zincs, and BRAND NEW Aftercooler Cores, NEW Gear Oil Cooler Cores, NEW Fuel Cooling Cores, NEW Heat Exchanger Cores. The engines run flawlessly, all pressures, temperatures, boost pressures and everything else have been totally checked out, complete survey and oil analysis(Zero Issues) was completed in Summer of 2016, and only a handful of hours(about 40-50 hours) have been put on the boat since all the service. All 4 house batteries and 2 starting batteries were replaced with Lifeline AGM Series 311 in June of 2016.
These engines are 100% ready to go, and the boat is very fast and efficient. Generator electrical winding was rebuilt in 2015 and performs perfectly.
The Cabo 40 is one of the finest boats that they have produced, period. The attention to detail on every level, from the electrical systems, hardware, spacious engine room, to the overall construction methods & fiberglass/gel-coat layup schedules are the pinnacle of production boats. The 40 Express is a very soft riding, well though out vessel, that is built to fish or cruise and has excellent ship system access for routine or major maintenance needs.
If you are looking for a super clean CAT powered 40 Cabo Express, that has had all the service, updates and upgrades, and is loaded with every option., this is it. A change in Owner's plans allows this boat to be available and enjoyed by new owner after being completely gone over from stem to stern. THIS IS THE BOAT TO BUY AND IS ABSOLUTELY TURN KEY!
Electronics & Navigation Gear
All Furuno Electronics have been updated with most recent factory firmware/software upgrades to speed up Chartplotter, Radar, and Sounder scroll speeds and reaction times.
- MAIN HELM Electronics:
- TWIN SCREENS: FURUNO NAVNET VX2 C-Map NT- Chartplotter/48 Mile OPEN ARRAY Radar/Depth Sounder & Fish Finder
- FURUNO GP-32 GPS/WAAS NAVIGATOR(Redundant GPS Antenna receiver)
- FURUNO RD-30 DEPTH/SPEED/TEMP/& OTHER FEATURES(Redundant Transducer)
- FURUNO AUTOPILOT
- ICOM IC-602 VHF RADIO W/ COMMAND MIC
- Ritchie Compass
- FLIR (Infra-Red Night Vision) CAMERA SYSTEM
- CATERPILLAR C-12 MAIN MOTOR ELECTRONIC DISPLAYS
- Hard Top mounted LED Navigation Lights
- TOWER Electronics:
- FURUNO NAVNET C-Map NT Chartplotter/48 Mile Radar/Depth/Fishfinder
- FURUNO RD-30 DEPTH/SPEED/TEMP/ETC
- FURUNO AUTOPILOT
- ICOM M-302 VHF RADIO
- Ritchie Compass
- SHAKESPEARE VHF Antennas
- SEA-TEL Satellite TV Receiver for Cabin TV Systems
- RPM Gauges
Deck & Fishing Equipment
- Pipewelders Hardtop with Full Tower & Buggy Top & LED Navigation Lights
- Pipewelders Triple Spreader Outriggers & Center Rigger
- 4 Sided Stratoglass Enclosure
- (3) Stidd Helm Chairs
- CruiseAir Marine- Helm A/C 16,000 BTU NEW IN 5/2016
- LED Underwater Lights
- LED Lighting in Hardtop Coachroof (RED & White)
- Cockpit Courtsey Lights
- Tower Mounted Spreader Lights
- Pompenette 130# Class Fighting Chair with Backrest & 4 Rocket Launchers
- Helm Area Tackle Center Drawers
- Cockpit Tackle Sink & Bait Table
- Cockpit Freezer
- Twin In-Deck Fish Boxes(Port Box has Freezer Plate)
- Fish Box Macerator Pumps
- Cockpit Drink Box(Very Well Insulated)
- 45 Gallon Livewell with Lexan Window
- Transom Tuna Door w/ Gate
- Fortress FX-23 Anchor with 5/8" Chain, Nylon Rode
- Lewmar Windlass with Remote Bow Mounted Foot Controls and Helm Station Controls
- Fresh & Salt Water Washdown Systems
- 7 Gunnel Mounted Rod Holders
- 8 Tower Leg Mounted Rocket Launchers, 5 Hard Top Mounted Rocket Launchers
- Helm Area Carpeting
Engines & Mechanical Systems
The major preventative 1000 hour service has recently been completed by Caterpillar with all Main Engine Oil/Gear Oil & Cooling Fluids, NEW Impellers, NEW water pumps, checking and adjustment of the Valve Clearances, Zincs, and BRAND NEW Aftercooler Cores, NEW Gear Oil Cooler Cores, NEW Fuel Cooling Cores, NEW Heat Exchanger Cores. The engines run flawlessly, all pressures, temperatures, boost pressures and everything else have been totally checked out, complete survey and oil analysis(Zero Issues) was completed in Summer of 2016, and only a handful of hours(about 40-50 hours) have been put on the boat since all the service. All 4 house batteries and 2 starting batteries were replaced with Lifeline AGM Series 311 in June of 2016.
These engines are 100% ready to go, and the boat is very fast and efficient. These engines have never had any major problems or failures as reported by Caterpillar USA, and the hard drive computers of the engines correlate these findings. Generator electrical winding was rebuilt in 2015 and performs perfectly.
- Caterpillar C-12 Main Motors @ 715 HP Each(FULLY SERVICED)
- Westerbeke 12.6kW Generator(Fully Serviced)
- Caterpillar Block Heaters
- Michigan NiBrAl 26x32 Propellers
- Spare Set of Propellers
- 2.5"Aquamet 22 Stainless Steel Shafts(Cutlass Bearings Inspected 5/16)
- Dripless Shaft Logs
- Bennett Trim Tabs
- Reverso Oil Exchange System(Main/Generator)
- Hydraulic Hynautic Steering System(Power Assisted)
- Sea Star Hydraulic Steering Ram(NEW Ram & Refit System 5/2016)
- Twin Cartridge Racor 1000 Fuel Filters for each main motor
- Racor Fuel Primer Pumps
- Racor 500 Fuel Filter for Generator
- Fuel Polishing System (Filter/Water Separator: Redundant from Primary Racor/Secondary Engine Mounted Filter Systems)
- Sea Fire EM-200 Fire Suppression System in Engine Room
- Bilge Pumps: Rule 3700 Aft; Rule 3700 Engine Room; Rule 2000 Forward
- Engine Driven Bilge Crash Valve on Starboard Engine Intake
- Hydraulic Rams for access to Engine Room(Ram rebuilt 6/2016)
- Helm Area Engine Room Deck/Day Hatch
- High Water Alarm
- Engine Room & Lazerette Lights
- Engine Room Blowers
Electrical Power Ship Systems
- Westerbeke 12.6Kw Generator(Electrical Winding System Rebuilt 2015)
- Lifeline AGM Series 311 (4)House & (2)Starting Batteries(NEW 6/2016)
- 50 AMP Shore Power Service/Cord
- Glendinning Cable Master System
- Phase Three PT-24 45 AMP Automatic Battery Charger
- Vahner Voltmaster 60 AMP High Efficiency battery Equalizer
- Newmar Galvanic Isolator
- Fully Galvanic Bonded Ship Systems
- Galvanic Bonded Shaft Brushes
- 24V DC/12V DC & 110V AC Ship Systems
Entering from the helm area companionway door, the Salon Settee and Dinette are to starboard, the Galley & Head are to port and the Master Stateroom is forward in the bow area.
There is storage under the settee, and it converts to a double berth as well as a Pullman style single berth. There is a large hanging locker that doubles as rod and tackle storage. Also, there are three cabinets storage units above the salon settee. The dinette is an absolutely beautiful Bird's Eye Maple table, complete with a cover for protection. A massive storage unit is below the salon sole, and can hold an incredible amount of gear. Also, the companionway steps lift up for storage and have 3 boxes that hold items such as spare oil, coolant, fuel & oil filters, belts, impellers and gear/tools that needs to accessed quickly.
The Master Stateroom features a large double berth with massive storage beneath, as well as twin hanging lockers and twin rod storage lockers. The rod lockers currently can hold 5-8 rods per side, depending on the size of the rod/reel combo.
The Head is to port and just aft of the Galley. Featuring a large vanity & sink, separate Stall Shower, and Vaccu-Flush fresh water head. The water closet is surprisingly large for a 40' yacht and in no way feels cramped at all.
- CruiseAir Marine Reverse Cycle Air Conditioning System SMX Controls-24k BTU
- Helm Area CruiseAir R/C A/C System SMX Controls-16k BTU(New in 5/2016)
- Teak & Holly Sole
- Helios Flat Panel TV(Master Stateroom)
- Solé Flat Panel TV(Salon)
- SEA TEL Satellite TV System
- Seaward 6 Gallon Water Heater
- Fusion Stereo w/ CD & Satellite Radio
- Overhead Deck Hatch in Master Stateroom
- Vaccu-Flush Fresh Water Head
- Vent Fans and Porthole in Head
- 12V DC LED Lighting throughout vessel
- Solid Surface Corian Countertops & Sink
- Teak Cabinets & Drawers
- Kenyon Euro Kera Two Burner Stove
- Panasonic Microwave
- Nova Kool Refrigerator
- Nova Kool Freezer
- 110V AC Power Outlets & 12v DC Lighting