2006 Carolina Classic 28 Express
** SOLD **
If you are looking for an offshore rugged blue water fishing rig, then 28 Carolina Classic is your vessel. She is considered by most discerning offshore fisherman as the most rugged and stable vessel in her class! A pair of common rail electronic Volvo D4 diesels make her fast, quiet and efficient! Now, when shopping for a used Carolina Classic, you want a well-maintained vessel. She is a beautiful Carolina 28, priced to sell, owned by a pilot, who demands mechanical upkeep with an open checkbook. This Carolina needs nothing, she is turn-key and ready to go. Clean, rigged and ready, even the Strataglass is crystal clear!
The 28 is a machine totally designed and precisely built for one purpose: Offshore trophy fishing. Because fishing conditions vary, we offer a combination of twin engine power and drive choices. Gas or diesel. Conventional inboard or jack shaft to sterndrive. And long-range fuel capacity for all. Plenty of living room, too. A cabin with six feet of head room. V-berth with filler. Galley with microwave, sink, refrigerator and table. Full walk-in electric head with shower. And storage areas throughout. Best of all is how easy she is to maintain. The dry, oversized engine compartment provides roomy access to the hydraulics, generator, pumps and batteries. The bilge runs in a tunnel underneath the gel-coated engine room, so all vital mechanics stay dry and clean. The air intakes are high above the sheer to keep corrosive salt spray out. Even the cabin walls are finished gel so they can be easily cleaned and kept free of mildew.
- Stainless steel bow and side rails
- Recessed anchor locker with Lewmar Windlass
- Windshield with center vent window
- White aluminum window frames
- Electric windshield wipers
- Fiberglass hardtop
- Lee spreader outriggers
- Spreader lights
- Molded in overhead electronics box
- Hardtop recessed lights and handrail
- Three sided bridge deck enclosure
- Aft bridge deck bench seat to port with storage under
- Single bridge deck seat to starboard with insulated drink box
- Bridge deck storage lockers
- Six welded tower leg rod holders
- Four welded aft hard top rod holders
- Flush mounted rod holders
- Cockpit bolsters
- Under gunnel gaff holders
- Eight drawer tackle center
- Two macerated fish boxes
- Cockpit wash down
Electronics & Helm
Clean super straight-forward layout for the captain while underway!
- Volvo Engine Management System
- Furuno FCV585 Fishfinder
- Northstar 6000i Chartplotter
- Simrad Autopilot
- Hydraulic steering with stainless steel Edson wheel
- Stereo remote control
- Trim tabs
- 2 VHFs
Well laid out has a V-berth forward, well equipped galley and enclosed stand up head compartment.
- V-berth with filler and storage under bunk, port and starboard shelves
- Teak and holly cabin sole
- Overhead storage for rods
- Overhead hatch
- Reading lamps
- Air conditioning with digital keypad
- Stand up enclosed head compartment with vanity, sink, cabinet storage, overhead lights, electric head with holding tank and macerator.
- Sony MP3 marine stereo in cabin with helm remote, bridge deck and cabin speakers.
- Corian style counter top with sink
- Cabinet and drawer storage
- Overhead lights
- Dometic refrigerator w/ freezer
- Dometic microwave oven
Engine & Electrical
Engine room is clean and simply designed for easy access!
Volvo Penta D4 260i marine diesel engines
Engines fully serviced
- Fireboy automatic engine room fire system
- Dry, clean engine room
- Dripless stuffing boxes
- Two engine room lights
- Battery Charger
- Automatic/manual electric bilge pumps
- Two hydraulic remote control hatch lifts raise bridge deck for engine room access
- Battery switches
- AC breaker panel in cabin
- Shore power cable
- GFI AC outlets in cabin, head and engine room
* Engine hours are as of the date of the original listing and are a representation of what the listing broker is told by the owner and/or actual reading of the engine hour meters. The broker cannot guarantee the true hours. It is the responsibility of the purchaser and/or his agent to verify engine hours, warranties implied or otherwise and major overhauls as well as all other representations noted on the listing brochure.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.