2008 Ranger Boats 2200 Bay Ranger
2008 Ranger 2200 Bay Boat…….purchased new in September 2010. This boat has very low use with a 200hp Mercury outboard and Aluminum dual axel trailer. The boat is currently located in Glorietta Bay Marina with a transferable slip.
We wouldn’t say that about every 22-foot bay boat. But Ranger builds the 2200 with the same structural qualities asinitspopularbassboats.Foamis shot into every open cavity, which adds unsinkable strength. We crowded four men on one side of the cockpit and it didn’t get tipsy. This would have been more important had we been trying to boat a sizable redfish or snook. Another impressive quality of all Ranger fishing boats is the absence of play or walk
in the hulls. The keel and chines are
coordinated so well on the 2200 that it tracked on and off plane without much driver input.
The ideas for the 2200 came from Ranger’s nationwide field of anglers. The input helped them develop a comfortable stern seat, a streamlined
At a Glance
console and enough storage in the bow for a weekend’s worth of camping gear.
Admittedly, our test boat came rigged with ideal power to ensure an impressive review. The Evinrude 250 E-Tec would be our choice if money were no object. It refutes any declaration notable features
• Optional Power Pole at the transom is a hydraulic piling that can be staked into the bottom at the flick of a switch.
• Eight-inch-wide gunwales are generous enough for an angler with decent balance to literally walk down a fish from bow to stern.
• Any storage compartment could theoretically be used as a cooler because of insulating foam throughout the boat.
• All three livewells (two in the stern and one in the bow) are on the centerline to enhance the boat’s balance.
• Two storage compartments in the bow will secure 15 to 20 fishing rods.
• There are 14 vertical rod holders positioned for quick access.
• The backrest across the transom becomes a passenger seat for two, though you could fit three people. The bases for the backrest can also be used as vertical rod holders.
that four-strokes are the only way to go. The E-Tec is a two-stroke direct-injection engine that burns fuel efficiently, and the low-end torque and low weight made our boat perform like a tournament model. It also helped us escape at least one memorable oops situation.
Ranger 2200 Bay
The 2200 Bay is a professional- level fishing boat with wide- open walking spaces from bow to stern.
LENGTH OVERALL: 22’
BEAM: 8’4.5” ! DRY WEIGHT: 2,075 LB. ! WEIGHT CAPACITY: 2,200 LB. ! FUEL CAPACITY: 60 GAL. ! MAXIMUM HP: 250
MSRP (W/ EVINRUDE 250 E-TEC): $42,100
TEST ENGINE: EVINRUDE 250 E-TEC ! TEST PROP: 21 VIPER
TEST LOAD: PEOPLE (600 LB.), FUEL (45 GAL.) ! TOP SPEED: 51 MPH @ 5,500 RPM ! TIME TO PLANE: 3.4 SEC. ! TIME TO 30 MPH:8.0SEC.!MINIMUMPLANE: 17 MPH @ 2,700 RPM
Fresh Water Salt Water Protected Water Open Water
The 2200 is rock-solid on the run, and interior ad- justments give it vast walking areas and storage.
nose, two passengers stood at the con- sole of the 2200 Bay while its long bow ran on top of the rough stuff.
We think the bay-boat name has wrongly pigeonholed boats like the 2200. This 22-foot boat can sneak into
Boat Details & Latest service
- 2008 Ranger 2200 Bay Boat…….purchased new in September 2010. Purchased locally from Anglers Marine but delivery was November 2010. Invoice price $48,890.17. Serial number RNG08131B808
- Mercury engine serial # 1B537115, MODEL # 1200D83EY
- Custom Ranger Trail aluminum dual axle trailer Vin # 4WRBA232881122224 with brakes & spare tire.
- Shelter Island Boat yard applied bottom paint April 2011 and again in 2016.
- Pacific Yacht Towers (San Marcos) installed Anodized Aluminum T-Top with Black canvas. This cost was $2875.69 in October 2010
- Lowrance HDS-12 Touch screen Insight. Installed 6/25/2013 by Upgrade Marine (Brian Perrin) for $4082.10.
- Two transducers w/50/200 transducer and structure san transducer
- 80LB thrust Minkota Trolling motor
- 3 batteries and 3 bank on board charger. One cranking and two deep cycle for trolling motor.
- Hydraulic Steering
- Smart craft gages, compass
- Lento Trim tabs electric
- Shore Power connection
- Raw water wash down
- Aft seat
- Console and Seat canvas covers