2008 Viking 60 Convertible
This Viking 60 Convertible represents the ultimate in an offshore sport fishing machine powered by dependable CAT C32A (1825hp) engines. CALL TODAY FOR A SHOWING!
No expense was spared in the build of this spectacular sport fish. Teak cap rails, coaming boards, cockpit, mezzanine, and ladder steps add to the customization appearance. Etched glass rear salon window with fish scenes are a very nice touch, especially at night. Also included is a custom polished stainless steel removable anchor chute on the bow.
This is a "must see" for the discriminating buyer of a late model Viking Convertible.
*** Photos taken February 2015 ***
- Platinum Package CAT Extended Service Protection through end of October 2015
Total Power: 3650
Fresh Water: 300
"Billy the Kid" represents the ultimate in an offshore sport fishing machine powered by dependable CAT C32A (1825hp) engines. This is a "must see" for the discriminating buyer of a late model Viking Convertible.
Entering from the cockpit through the sliding fiberglass electric door, the overall volume of the salon is immediately apparent thanks to the nearly 19 feet of beam. The end result is a dramatic statement of rich teak joinery and especially palatial with a sizable L-shaped, lift back style sofa to starboard fronted with a teak cocktail table that has a high-low mechanism. The sofa lifts easy on gas struts to expose a substantial stowage area, suitable for fishing rods, tackle and sundry items.
To port, is the master electrical control Moritz Octiplex touch screen power distribution system at eye level for easy viewing with a back-lit touch screen for simplifying night use. Below the concave teak counter is a Bose entertainment system with surround sound capability, plus bottle and general stowage. To complement the sound system there is a 42 inch LCD HD television installed over the dinette to maximize viewing accessibility, along with a channel plus system to run the DVD/VCR throughout the boat.
Teak valances conceal air conditioning registers for quiet, thorough cooling and richly textured designer fabrics and materials abound in this lush environment. Other standard and upgraded enhancements include: full canvas carpet runner; ice maker; light dimmers; custom amtico flooring at salon entrance way, dinette and galley as well as teak trim where the flooring meets the carpet; teak strips in headliner and two bar stools adjacent to the galley island.
Viking’s impeccable interiors are hand made works of art featuring glowing teak joinery. Each interior is built from scratch in Viking’s 52,500 square foot mill, which includes five CNC (computer numerically controlled) operated machines, which cut, form and trim wood with surgical precision.
First-rate decor is throughout the boat including custom wallpaper; salon door type catches on stateroom doors; upgraded ultraleather on bar stools, mezzanine seating and Dewberry style sofa; custom headliner material throughout; brushed nickel interior hardware, cover plates and interior light trim; additional cushions and backrest on port locker and thicker and softer cushions on the outdoor mezzanine seating.
The galley is U-shaped, by far the most practical design for prepping and cooking meals at sea. Wide expanses of beautiful granite provide lots of counter space, including a casual dining spot with a pair of bar stools. Beneath the counter is a plethora of good thinking including additional drawer-style refrigeration, a trash compactor, plus numerous drawers and lockers. The counter top is fitted with a recessed stainless steal undermounted sink and a 4 burner surface mount electric range. Above, a microwave/convection oven adds to the cooking arsenal, while four wide, deep drawers slide out for convenient stowage of dinnerware and food supplies. The galley sole is planked with premium Amtico vinyl flooring for excellent serviceability and quick clean up.
The dining area includes a beautiful teak dinette table and pedestal with its own outlet. A 42" wall mounted television is just above the dinette. Rich hues of brown striped Amtico flooring extends from the galley to the dinette table, creating a striking yet practical accent.
The companionway has canvas carpet runners and step covers, teak handrails, vertical teak strips between wall panels; and a large storage closet that houses the stacked washer and dryer in addition to another storage closet/pantry.
A diagonal berth with a queen-size upgraded innerspring mattress and custom bedding flanked with teak end tables highlights the master suite and truly complements the wise use of space. There is both drawer and bulk stowage beneath the berth and rope lighting adds a nice evening touch. Additional stowage is available in credenzas and a sizable hanging locker. The master stateroom also includes an additional telephone outlet, a 12V CD Stereo and DVD player entertainment system along with a 20 inch LCD television and a closet safe.
The master head features a mirror ceiling, Amtico flooring, a sculpted teak faced vanity with a granite vanity top and sink, a full size Sealand Magnum Opus flush toilet, a medicine cabinet and linen locker, and a fiberglass stall shower and seat with a frame less door and polished chrome hardware.
Forward Guest Stateroom
Forward, the VIP guest stateroom has memory foam mattresses on the preferred crossover bed arrangement with a larger berth to starboard and a single upper berth to port. This stateroom also has a Sharp 15" flat screen TV and dimmers for overhead low voltage AC lights.
There is an ensuite head with shower with custom Amtico flooring, granite vanity top and a full size Sealand Magnum Opus flush toilet.
Starboard Guest Stateroom/Head
The third guest stateroom is to starboard amidship opposite the master stateroom and has two side-by-side berths with memory foam mattresses. Other features include dimmers on overhead lights and much more.
Just forward of this stateroom is the head and shower that has the custom Amtico flooring, granite vanity and overhead hatch.
- Recovered mezzanine cushions
- Refurbished fighting chair
The sprawling cockpit features 170 square feet of usable space, which includes an observation mezzanine. A popular feature on Vikings, the mezzanine allows guests to remain out of the way of the angler and crew when a fish nears the boat, yet watch and stay close to the action in the lower cockpit.
There are custom teak steps on the bridge ladder, teak coaming boards and decking on both the cockpit and mezzanine. The transom has swim steps and a door gate that allows for easy access to the dock from the cockpit. On the aft salon window, there is a back lit custom channel glass with an etched scene of a large marlin and other bait fish which creates a striking focal point in the evening hours.
There are two recessed rod holders on port and starboard in the cockpit coaming boards and three rod holders on both the port and starboard tower legs. The transom live well has a lighted window and custom removable tuna tubes and there is an additional live well on the forward starboard side in the fish box. The bait freezer has stainless steel trays. An Eskimo ice machine discharges into the port fish box.
Custom full cockpit shade is supported by stainless steel poles at aft end. The mezzanine also houses an under-mounted bait freezer, tackle stowage and engine room access. The lower step of the mezzanine is equipped with additional refrigeration. Drawer stowage can be found in a port side locker adjacent to the fiberglass sliding salon door, which has the optional push-button electric opener. A refrigerated drink box is built into the salon door step.
Other features include a fiberglass cockpit step box with inside storage, cockpit misters above the mezzanine along with cold air vents on starboard and port sides above the mezzanine seat, allowing for cool comfort. There is custom rope lighting under the gunnel and overhead lights above the mezzanine.
An anodized aluminum plate is laminated into the cockpit sole that accommodates a Bluewater full size fighting chair with offset. A comfortable 34-inch reach to the waterline make releases quick, safe and easy. And the Y-valve makes clean up an easy chore for fresh and salt water wash downs.
The forward deck locker contains both a fresh water and salt water wash-down system. There is a custom removable high polished stainless steel anchor chute forward to extend above and over the custom varnished teak toe rails that also have stainless steel chafing strips. Other features include handrails that line the sides of the bridge that run from aft forward, wrapping around the front of the bridge; pop up spring line cleats and foredeck cleats; 600' of line with 15' of chain; Lewmar V4 stainless steel windlass and painted rubrail to match.
Additional fuel tank forward for a total of (3) tanks
DC bow thruster
Custom "Atlantic" blue hull color
Dark "Viking" blue bottom paint and boot stripe
Fiberglass side thru-hulls
An athwartship ladder in the cockpit leads to the flybridge and its center console helm station, which allows total mobility for guests and crew. Three custom Murray Brothers teak ladderback helm seats with stainless steel sliders provide uncanny visibility and comfort for the long haul. A custom teak helm pod features single lever electronic controls with bow thruster buttons in the handles.
There are large port and starboard lounges that surround the helm console and offer fishing rod and other stowage below. The flybridge also has a chill box for drinks or refrigeration and 5.1 cubic feet of freezer space, the largest in its class, making it a popular selection for long range trips or extended cruising.
Other features include electronic trolling valves, recessed electronic boxes with push button catches, a fresh water outlet on the bridge, no exposed fasteners, stereo with two additional flybridge speakers, tri-colored lights, three-sided enclosure with zip vents forward, windscreen in front of the helm, teaser reels, eight rod holders on the aft flybridge rail, pipewelders triple spreader riggers.
- Tuna tower w/ molded top-8' gap,
- (2 brushed pipe antennas, standoffs, 3-sided track
- Hardtop lights to Tri-color 12 Systems lights-red, white and blue
- Radar pod
- Molded 2 in 1 110V quartz light pod
- Wash down water in tower
- Control box 60' w/ flush mounted compass
- Tower sunshade
- Bench seat with backrest
- Bridge rail 3 sided double aft, leg to leg, to outer main
- Controls and steering
- Electric teaser reels MIYA EPOCH SUPER US9 24V
- 43' Outrigger Pipewelders, 43' 3 Spreader Bridge Release
- Rigger locks
- Center rigger
- Enclosure 3 sided aft edge helm, track to track EZ2CY
- Powder coated aluminum flangeless track
- Air vent fwd top panel
- Molded navigation lights port and starboard
- Stern light molded
- Instrument box electric fold down
- Flag staff aft
- Flag staffs welded to underside of platform
- CAT engine displays mounted in drop down box
- Additional switches for 6 upgraded Tri-color lights in hardtop
- 12 Systems Tri-color lights on center bar tower sunshade
- 12 Systems Tri-color lights under platform w/ fiberglass recess
- Wired (2) 12 system Tri-color lights on tower sunshade and platform
- (3) quartz lights, masthead/anchor light, teaser reels, bond tower
- Satin black sunshade frame and control box top
Electronics & Navigation
- 96 N.M. 25KW Radar w/ 42rpm gearbox
- 6.5 open array color video sounder landscape control
- 50 and 200khz 2KW Transducer digital depth display and depth transducer
- 3.6 mono LCD auto pilot system digital depth temperature
- 17" LCD Super Sunlight Display PCThermal camera/salon video/engine room camera
- Marci Maranized PC
- Dedicated Maxsea mouse keypad
- Thermal camera with B/W low light mounted center forward on hard top
- Northstar 5" color high gain GPS/WASS
- Northstar952W 5"color GPS/WASS Chartplotter
- Interlink RF Wireless mouse
- Gyration Wireless keyboard
- XM WX Worx weather system
- ICOM VHF Black
- ICOM HM-162B VHF Second station remote with intercom
- ACR RCL100D 24VDC Spotlight mounted on standing platform
- Clarion CFCMD5 AM/FM CD Marine Receiver Sirius Ready
- Clarion CMRC1-SB Wired remote with LCD Display
- JL Audio 7.7" Component Speakers
- JL Audio 6 channel amplifiers (for four bridge and 2 cockpit speakers)
- Elbex 4MM color ball camera
- KVH Fleet 33 system
- KVH M5 18" Satellite TV Dish w/ dual LNB & gyro
- KVH Sky Mexico DSS receiver
- Direct TV (2) satellite receivers
- RCA 4 line phone system (line 1 dockside, line 2 satellite
- RCA cordless handset
- Syrens amplified Wi-Fi A/P router
- Additional 21.5kw generator (Port-1979 hrs, Starboard 2120 hrs.)
- 1400 GPD watermaker with auto backflush
- Generator gas-water separator for standard and optional generators
- Awlgrip brass thru-hulls & sea strainers in engine room & Fwd bilges
- Snow white fuel filters
- Run line from oil change system to cockpit dockside box
- Dual power steering pumps IPO of standard
- Backup seawater pump for air conditioning system
- 110v outlet on aft bulkhead at entrance way
- Snow white paint on all pumps
- Tool box in forward engine room
- Remote control panel at salon electrical panel for the watermaker
- 4 cameras that read on the bridge and salon TV
- Fuel transfer pump
- Pump and air conditioned rooms forward, port and starboard