2008 Gemini 105 MC Catamaran
** SOLD **
Jascat is in excellent condition and ready to go on your adventure. This is the shallow draft, light weight performance version that made the legend.
The Gemini 105 Mc Catamaran, the perennial best-selling cruising catamaran with great accommodations, light and airy spaces and good sailing performance all at an affordable price.
The Gemini 105 Mc features an efficient hull shape, trusted kick up centerboards and rudders, an 18 inch draft and extremely manageable 14 foot beam. The Gemini 105 Mc interior and deck mold makes the boat strong, light and fast with great cruising amenities.
Accommodations feature the master queen cabin forward and two double cabins aft. The Salon has a dinette settee with a 3-piece table suitable for casual seating when closed or dining when open. The dinette table easily converts into a berth for two.
To Starboard is a large galley with opposing work surfaces, double sink, refrigerator and two burner stove with oven and broiler. Rather than Galley up or Galley down we describe the layout as Galley Open, as it is open to the entire Salon and you stand at eye level with the windows but you are standing on the hull floor.
Forward to Port is the head with counter space, wash basin and shower with an isolating door and two storage lockers.
The cockpit is designed for great seating with easy ingress and egress facilitated by normal sized steps to the deck in each corner.
The solid foredeck provides a safe work area when needed to a spacious lounge area for calm sailing days or when the vessel is at rest.
Forward to Starboard is the Master stateroom with a Queen size berth and large window forward. Aft is the galley with steps to the bridgedeck. Aft of the Galley is a double stateroom. On the Bridgedeck is the dinette with comfortable seating for six. Aft on the bridgedeck is the propane. Electric refrigerator/freezer to Starboard and the air conditioner to Port. On the Port side forward is the Head with lavatory and shower. Aft is storage and a navigation station. Further aft to Port is another double cabin identical to the Starboard cabin. From the Bridgedeck you exit aft to the cockpit with the helm with a bench seat and seating around the perimeter of the cockpit and steps to the deck and the walkways to the large and flat foredeck.
Dinette/salon area, dinette seat with 4" foam cushions, storage under with Tri-fold teak saloon table. 2 Bomar hatches with screens, overhead of dinette. 2 - 12 Volt fans, 115 Volt outlet, 12 Volt fluorescent light and a 12V power outlet centerline below seats.
Main cabin door in composite and opening window. Windows at rear of main cabin, sliding to allow ventilation between cabin and cockpit under pilothouse. Both have screens.
Galley Counter 7' 6" long x 19" wide, with Formica work top, 5’ counter on opposite side, 2 drawers, and storage under surface. Propane stove with two burners, oven and broiler. Four Cu. Ft. refrigerator operates on propane and 115 volt. Storage areas opposite with sliding doors. 12 Volt light, 115V outlet.
The master stateroom has a view forward from the Queen size berth with 4 inch foam mattresses and Froli springs. There is also a port light on the starboard side and an opening hatch providing light and tremendous ventilation. On the outboard side of the cabin are a shelf, bins, lockers and storage compartments. Forward from the berth is a hanging locker and large storage locker. On the inboard side of the berth is a shelf for things needed bedside. A 12 Volt fan adds to the ventilation capability. There is a light overhead.
Guest Stateroom (2 each aft)
Each guest stateroom has a double berth with 4 inch foam mattresses and Froli springs, a fan and ports inboard and outboard for ventilation. There is a light overhead and a reading light. A hanging locker, drawer and storage locker are provided for storage of clothing and personal items.
The Head is fully molded fiberglass. Inboard there is a storage locker, 115 Volt outlet and a washbasin mounted in a countertop. Outboard is a fixed port light, more storage and the swing out shower door to keep the toilet area clean and dry during showering. The shower is mounted on an adjustable mount on the forward bulkhead. The shower can also be removed to use as a hand held shower. Overhead is a 12 Volt light, Bomar hatch with screens. Raritan marine head with 18 gallon holding tank with 'Y" valve facilitating overboard and deck pump out.
- 5 mooring cleats, Bowsprit anchor roller,
- Stainless steel handrails on cabin top
- Lifeline gates
- Bow seats
- Fiberglass canopy - overhead opening ports, s/s rail support
- Opening windows in pilothouse
- Lexan grey tinted windows, chemical and scratch resistant
- Self-draining anchor locker and sail locker on foredeck.
- 2 cockpit lockers, 2 large storage lazarettes aft
- Buoyancy tanks fore and aft in each hull
- Un-ballasted asymmetrical centerboards
- Fiberglass molded transom steps
- Stainless steel swim ladder
- Underhung, adjustable kick-up rudders
- Port/starboard, stern, steaming, tri-color, anchor and deck lights, cockpit light
- Dinghy Davits
- Aft Sling Seat
- Solar Panel, GE 110 Watt with controller
- Transom Shower
- Cockpit shades for use underway or at dock/ anchor. Ripstop nylon for sides and back, canvas for cockpit skylights.
- Canvas shades for 3 hatches, and master cabin and salon “windshield” windows, used at dock/anchor.
- 3 ripstop nylon rain/sun shades for use at dock/anchor
- BBQ - Magma grill, propane
- Water hose, snap on spray and filler heads
- Folding Dock Cart
- 7 fenders, dock lines
- 1 yellow diesel can
- 1 red gasoline can
- Extendable Boat Hook
- All USCG required equipment aboard is current
- Life Sling
- Rapid Ditch Bag (empty)
- 6 PFD, type II
- 2 fanny pack manual inflatable PFDs
- 2 type IV throw cushions
- 1 smoke detector
- 2 CO2 detectors
- 3 fire extinguishers
Anchors & Ground Tackle
- Primary Anchor is Rocna 15 (32 #s) with 100 ft. of chain + 100 ft. rope
- Secondary Anchor is Fortress FX 16, lightweight aluminum Danforth type, with 2 ft. of chain and 100 ft. of rope.
- Storm Anchor, stored in box in cabin: Fortress Danforth type, FX 37.
- Lewmar Electric Windlass
Sails & Rigging
- 46’ Air Draft
- 39’ anodized double spreader mast, slab reefing
- 320 sq. ft. mainsail, 3 full battens, large roach, 2 rows of reefs, lazy jacks
- Schaefer traveler control block system
- 2 x Lewmar ST40 winches
- Backstay tensioner
- Genoa/jib tracks
- Mast Climber
- Spinnaker snuffer, Old spinnaker aboard but not serviceable.
Furlex roller reefing with:
- 150% roller Genoa (350 sq. ft.), foam luff, Roller jib.
Helm & Electronics
- Stainless steel wheel
- Uflex twin steering cable steering system (New October 2014)
- Throttle control
- Raymarine Ray 54 VHF
- AIS Receiver
- Raymarine ST60 Wind
- Raymarine Tridata
- Raymarine Autohelm Autopilot 4000
- Standard Horizon Chart Plotter
- Clarion Marine Stereo CD Player
- C-map chart pack for Gulf and Caribbean (Ft Pierce south), Keys, Bahamas, Western Florida and other Gulf states.
- Xintex S2A Propane detector/Solenoids Control
- EPIRB needs to be registered by new owner. Current status on record is “sold”.
- Bulkhead mounted compass
- Raritan Tank monitor, on Freshwater Tanks & Holding tank
- Xintex Fireboy CO monitor/alarm
- Micrologic battery monitor
Engine, Mechanical and Electrical
30B3 Westerbeke diesel coupled to a Sillette catamaran drive provide the propulsion. The Sillette drive and propeller are not in the water when sailing or not underway reducing drag, corrosion and barnacle growth. Engine hours on meter at listing 1063.4. New Sillette release cable October 2014.
- Batteries/ Power
- Upgraded Batteries. All AGM. 3 house batteries that also perform starter. 1 smaller emergency starter.
- Approximately 225 amp hours provided by house batteries
- Upgraded alternator, Balmer 70amp.
- Battery Charger
- Smart Regulator
- Solar Boost 2000E solar panel controller by Blue Sky energy
- Micrologic DMM-1 DC systems monitor
- All but one interior light have been changed to LED
- Masthead light is LED
- 30 amp shore power cord
- 15 amp extension cord, and 15 to 30 amp connection converter
- With the upgrades to the batteries and lighting, the solar panel is able to meet all our electric power needs at anchor. We never run the engine just to charge batteries.
Engine & Other Spares:
- Westerbeke Spare Kit
- Head Rebuild Kit
- Dinghy Patch kit, Dinghy Pump
- Dinghy Engine Tools and spare kit
Dinghy & Engine
- 10 ft. West Marine 310 Inflatable Dinghy, PVC with high pressure floor (purchased new 2012)
- Dinghy Engine: 5 hp. Mariner Gasoline engine (2008), 3 gal external gas tank (tank new April 2014)
- Under Seat Storage Bag
- Small collapsible dingy anchor
- Dinghy Climb Aboard webbing step
- Battery Operated hand held all around light for night navigation
This well cared for Gemini (See the recent maintenance list below) is ready to take you on your adventures. It is well priced to be sold quickly
Most Recent Maintenance
- New bottom paint, September 2014
- Prop balanced and repainted, September 2014
- New helm and steering cables, October 2014
- 384 hours since last diesel mechanic maintenance, Sept 2012
- Last oil change, October 2014
- Heat Zinc checked, October 2014
- Professional rigging inspection, Sept 2012
- Dinghy engine Serviced May 2014
- AGM batteries Installed October 2010.
- Drive leg release cable replaced October 2014.
- Steel propane tanks, October 2013
- New helm seat, October 2013
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.Mechanical Disclaimer
* Engine hours are as of the date of the original listing and are a representation of what the listing broker is told by the owner and/or actual reading of the engine hour meters. The broker cannot guarantee the true hours. It is the responsibility of the purchaser and/or his agent to verify engine hours, warranties implied or otherwise and major overhauls as well as all other representations noted on the listing brochure.