2016 TomCat 970 S
This performance oriented cruising catamaran has a large length/beam ratio of her hulls, light weight, efficient rig and high aspect ratio foil centerboard. Performance is excellent in all winds and points of sail. Jib furling and main halyards led to the cockpit for single-hand convenience. Twin outboards in wells, provide quiet, comfortable motoring. Wheel steering and instrumentation are a stop away from the interior navigation station.
Inside the galley, head and dressing areas there is 6’6” standing headroom which extends across aft by means of sliding hatch, pop-top or hardtop option. Wrap around windows provide panoramic views from salon seating or hull standing areas. Seating and berths accommodate up to 6 in three separate cabins, with extra salon berth available when required. The large galley has:
OVER 10’ OF COUNTERTOP SPACE
4 CUBIC FOOT REFRIGERATOR
STOVE ~ OVEN ~ SS SINK
LOTS OF STORAGE SPACE AND CUPBOARDS.
**TomCat 970 S XL Model Package
This package includes all of the Cruise Package items, plus the following options: Helm seat and floor insert, genoa with sheet track, VHF radio installed, extra battery upgrade, cherry wood interior with galley cabinetry upgrades, vinyl rub rail w/insert, swim ladder, Micron multi season bottom paint, Inter-protect barrier coat.
TomCat 970 S XL Package price is $233,500.00 a savings of $3,430.00
**TomCat 970 S XLS Model Package
This package includes all of the Cruise Package items and the XL package items plus the following options: Two extra salon hatches, solar vents in galley and head, additional opening ports in head, galley and aft berth, 16,500 BTU air conditioner, propane demand hot water, propane control system and alarm, Raymarine a98 chartplotter with sonar, digital radar and AIS, Raymarine EV-100 autopilot, two 80 watt solar panels, electric windlass with remote, cockpit shower.
TomCat 970 S XLS Package price is $247,500.00 a savings of $10,192.00
The spacious cockpit has ample seating port and starboard and a bench aft integrated into the arch which carries the traveler keeping the cockpit free of clutter. Forward in the cockpit are pedestal seats, a central console with wheel, instruments, engine controls and centerboard raise/lower systems. Dual companionways provide open space for traffic and communication between helm, cockpit and salon. The main electrical panel is inside the starboard companionway.
Moving forward to the main salon, there is a large table seating 6-8 people with folding leaves to give more open space. The table drops down to seat level forming an extra double berth. Storage compartments are accessible under the seats. Main cabin windows are at eye level when standing in the hulls or sitting in the salon. They provide an open feel and view.
Starboard is a large galley which meets every chef's cooking demands. A refrigerator, sink and stove are located forward on the outboard side. The top of an inboard cupboard forms a pass thru to the salon.
Aft from the galley is a double cabin with dressing area, double berth and port outboard.
Forward on the bridge deck is an open master berth which includes a portside vanity with sliding mirrors and dressing area.
Midship and aft of the dressing room is the head, which can be entered from either fore or aft providing owner and guest easy access. The head has a marine toilet, sink and shower.
Aft of the head is a double cabin with dressing area, double berth and port outboard.
The salon will seat 6-8 people at the large table. Table leaves fold down for a more open space arrangement. The table drops down to seat level to form an extra double berth. Storage compartments are accessible under the seats.
- Foam berth mattresses and settee cushions, choice of fabrics
- Curtain closures on salon perimeter, aft doorways, choice of fabrics
The large galley will satisfy the needs of the chef along with the refrigerator at the forward end of the counter. The top of the cupboard on the left forms a pass-thru to the salon.
- Stove with oven
- S/S Sink
There are two aft double sized berths and one queen sized main berth forward. The main berth includes a vanity with sliding mirrors and dressing area. Main cabin windows are at eye level when standing in the hulls or sitting in the salon. They provide an open feel along with a panoramic view of the surroundings.
- Hulls & bridge deck w/ISO resin, axial glass fiber, CoreCell TM foam core
- Four opening hatches/windows for flow-through ventilation
- Fixed windows tinted laminated glass for durability
- SS bow pulpit, stanchions & lifelines, 7 dock cleats, handrails.
- 27 lb plough anchor on 200’ chain & nylon rode
- Laminated glass windows plus acrylic panel overhead at helm
- Hard acrylic closure between cockpit & salon upper panels, upper area screens
- Stainless steel arch structure at aft end of cockpit, including davits, elevated seating, 8’ wide Iroco (wood) or Starboard (plastic) panels
- Mainsheet traveler track on top of arch elevated out of the cockpit area
- Bimini rain/sun cover between hardtop & arch, sunbrella fabric
- Raised floor pane
- Vinyl Rub Rail upgrade - two piece w/colored insert
- Swim/Boarding Ladder - Garelick 19823 folding, stowable
- Antifouling Paint – Sand, de-wax & apply two coats multi-season Micron Barrier Coat. Five coats Interlux Interprotect 2000 under antifouling.
- ABYC pedestal seat with raise, slide and swivel
Rigging & Sails
- Selden ™ Rig with anodized aluminum spars, all internal halyards and lines
- Full batten Dacron mainsail, six part Harken ™ mainsheet, lazy jacks.
- Dacron jib with Furlex ™ roller furling, UV protective leech cloth
- Genoa Sheet Track - adjustable sheeting point for sail efficiency
Electronics & Helm
The Helm electronics suite will be configured to your specifications from the optional electronics list.
- Autohelm ST 50 wind, speed and depth instruments
- VHF radio
- Helm electronics suite will be configured to your specifications from optional electronics list
- Compass at helm
- Shore power system with GFI outlets and 30 amp shore power connection
- Three AGM 105 AH batteries with battery charger
- Standard is Domes in salon and galley (red/white illumination)
- Brass gooseneck in each berth
- Florescent indirect in galley
- Vanity light in head
- Lighting upgrades as requested.
Engine Details & Mechanical Equipment
- Wheel steering with dual cables to rudders
- Two Yamaha four stroke Hi-Thrust Outboards
The TomCat boat is an established semi custom builder. The TomCat 970 S is the flagship of their production which also includes the sporty TomCat 6.2 and custom projects. Many options are already offered and custom change can be accomplished.
Note: All prices are in USD and are subject to change without notice. Price is FOB the TomCat Boats factory and does not include delivery or commissioning.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.