1999 Fountain 42 Lightning
(LOCATION: St. Petersburg FL) This lightly used 42 Fountain Lightning is an affordable introduction to high performance boating. This beauty has been dry stored over its lifetime, professionally maintained, and features totally rebuilt engines including new heads and blocks with only 46 hours.
The white hull, custom graphics, and white interior make her stand out in any marina. The purple cockpit carpet, twin bolster seats forward, and rear bench seat provide style and comfort. The padded sun deck opens to reveal the pair of staggered 502 Mercruiser engines. An integrated swim platform has white boarding ladder. A full purple cockpit cover maintains her good looks when not in use.
Beneath the extended foredeck is a comfortable cabin with forward v-berth, wraparound leather seating, and carpeted deck. The galley features Norcold refrigerator, microwave oven, and stainless steel sink. The enclosed head compartment includes a mirrored vanity with sink and new VacuFlush head. There is ample room for relaxing and entertaining.
Never Enough is powered by twin 500-hp Mercruiser 502 normally aspirated engines and Bravo One outdrives. Engines were rebuilt in 2014 from the bottom up and have only 46 hours since rebuild. She is equipped with silent choice exhaust, power steering, hydraulic trim tabs, and automatic fire suppression. The helm is equipped with a new Garmin 7608xsv GPS map, Raytheon SL70 Pathfinder radar, Azimuth 1000 compass, and VHF marine radio. This 42 Lightning is a great looking Fountain with high performance, is professionally maintained, and affordably priced. Call now to schedule a showing.
Fountain's race-proven 42' Lightning, with double stepped hull, holds the current V-bottom world speed record at 143.946 mph. Staggered engines bring the props closer together and keep the center of gravity down along the keel, where it works best. Preferred power is twin 502 Mercury's (80+ mph).
- Large, comfortable, cabin
- Forward queen size v-berth
- Wraparound lounge with room for many
- Carpeted deck
- Compact galley with Norcold refrigerator, Samsung microwave oven, and stainless steel sink.
- Enclosed head with mirrored vanity
- Open cockpit with radar arch, wraparound windshied, cockpit carpet, bimini top, full cockpit cover, bow cover, and rear cockpit cover, all lightly used
- Starboard helm with Gaffrig gauges, Gaffrig throttle and shifters, Latham steering, dual helm seats with power bolsters
- Full beam back seat
- Large sun pad over engines
- Mechanical engine hatch
- Swim platform with boarding ladder
- Ample lighting
Electronics & Navigation
- Brand new Garmin 7608xsv GPS map
- Raytheon SL70 Pathfinder radar
- Azimuth 1000 compass
- VHF marine radio
- Kenwood AM/FM sound system
Two cabin speakers
Four cockpit speakers
- Gaffrig engine gauges
- Drives & Tabs gauges
- Kidde Fyre fire halon control
Mechanical & Electrical
- Twin 500-hp normally aspirated 502 Mercury engines
- Rebuilt in 2014 with new blocks, heads, intake manifolds, new exhausts, cams, piston, valves, etc. Only 46 hours on new engines.
- Captain's Choice exhaust system
- 30-amp shore power
- Two batteries
- Battery charger
- Power engine hatch
- K-Plan trim tabs with indicators
- Exceptional boat
- Lightly used
- One owner
- Stored high and dry since new
- Almost new engines
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.