1990 Chiappini Schooner
>>>Seller Wants this Boat SOLD - ALL Written Offers Considered<<<
Strong - Quality Built - Blue Water Proven! "TREMEBUNDA" is a custom fiberglass, traditional schooner built in Argentina. In 2003, the seller experienced a great adventure sailing TREMEBUNDA from Argentina to Florida. Contributing to the successful arrival in Florida was the no compromise approach in the build process. A full web of longitudinal and athwart-ship stringers are built into the hull. The deck and cabin roof are solid with athwart-ship stringers spaced every twelve inches - no flex! The interior is built from beautiful Argentinean Oak, with solid oak bulkheads and matching veneer over marine ply cabinetry. TREMEBUNDA was re-powered with a new 40 hp Yanmar and has less than 200 hours. Both masts were pulled two years ago for service and re-installed with all new S/S standing rigging. Main sails have seen little use since new in 2008.
TREMEBUNDA is perfect for anyone wanting a stout, traditional, good sailing vessel which is not your standard production boat. With the 5'6" draft you have freedom to go island hopping and beyond.
- LOA: 38'
- Beam: 13'
- Draft: 5'6"
- Mast Height from the Deck: 37'7"
- Keel Weight: 2 Tons/Lead
- Water Tank: 74 Gal, S/S
- Fuel Tank: 22.5 Gal, S/S
- Holding Tank: None
As you enter the cabin from the cockpit companion way you immediately notice the beautiful Argentinian oak bulkhead with two arched doors. On the port side is the dedicated Nav station and to stbd is a large watch berth. Fwd of the watch berth you enter thru an arched door to the owners stateroom with a head on the left. Fwd of the Nav station on the port side you pass thru another arched door to the galley. The galley has plenty of storage, an ice box, stainless steel sink with a pressure water system and fresh water foot pump. The stove is a stainless steel 2-burner butane with oven. Across from the galley, is an amidships entry thru a large hatch. This enters into a well ventilated salon which is bathed in natural light. LED lighting is also found thru-out the vessel. Seating is located both port and stbd in the salon which can be converted to sleeping areas. The large salon table seats 8 comfortably for meals and games. When not in use the large table leafs fold down, out of the way. As you continue forward of the salon you pass thru another beautiful arched doorway into a second berth currently used as a workroom. A large storage closet is found to stbd with a space on the port side which can easily be converted to a second head.
- 2 Cabins, 1 Head
- Watch Berth by Nav station and 2 single berths in the salon.
- Nav Station, Port side aft, fwd facing w/storage.
- Sole is 3/4" solid Indonesia Teak.
- Bulkheads are solid Argentinian Oak.
- Original brass light fixtures converted to LED.
- Stainless steel opening ports, 6 each
- 2 cabin entry ways.
- Plenty of storage for long passages.
- Located port side, fwd of the Nav station.
- Counter tops are stainless steel.
- Stainless steel sink.
- Pressurized water and fresh water foot pump.
- Large ice box.
- 2 - Burner Stove w/Oven, Butane.
- Large storage cabinets.
Hull & Mechanical
- Topsides & Bottom: Molded fiberglass
- Keel: Fin w/ 2 tons of lead, attached w/11 s/s bolts.
- Rudder: Transom hung
- Wind-vane Steering
- Yanmar Marine Diesel Engine - NEW (2012)
- Model: 3JH4E, 40 Hp
- Less than 200 hours
- Filters: Primary & secondary
- Controls: Morse type
- Propeller: 4 - Blade, Bronze
Electronics and Navigation
- Radar: Furuno, Model 1720, 16 Mile
- GPS: Garmin, Model GPSmap 441s
- Fish-finder: Garmin, Model 400c
- Magnetic Compass: Plath
- SSB: Yaesu, Model FT-707
- VHF: ICOM
- Marine Audio System: MB Quart, Model NRA-450
- Marine Speakers: 2 - Cockpit, 2 - Salon
- Clock & Barometer
- Ships Bell
Sails, Rigging & Winches
- Mainsails - 2 , (183 sqft and 194 sqft - Excellent Condition)
- Sail Covers - 2 (New April 2016)
- Genoa - 2 , (344 sqft and 296 sqft)
- Jib - 1 , (189 sqft)
- Storm Jib - 1 (54 sqft)
- Spinnaker - 1 (689 sqft)
- Masts: Aluminum (Pulled and serviced 2011)
- Standing Rigging: Stainless steel cable (2011)
- Running Rigging, Primary w/backup (2011)
- Furler: Profurl
- Winches, 4 Manual
Deck Hardware & Ground Tackle
- Bow pulpit, S/S & Fiberglass
- Lifelines w/netting
- Toe rail, Aluminum
- Anchor Roller - 2
- Anchors, 2 - Bruce Style, 1 - Grapnel
- Rode, Approx. 160' chain & assorted nylon rode
Electrical & Plumbing
- Brass switch panel: DC
- Battery Charger (2016)
- Batteries: 1 - Start (2013), 2 - House (2016)
- 30 Amp Receptacle & Power Cord
- Wiring: High quality silicon, burn resistant.
- Sinks: 3
- Toilet: 1 - Jabsco Manual
- Dingy: Zodiac (Bagged)
- Barbecue: Magma
- Fire extinguisher
- Life jackets
TREMEBUNDA is being sold by the original owner who worked closely with the designer/builder. The original drawings and notes will be passed to the new owner.
From the solid quality build to the newer Yanmar, rigging and main sails, TREMEBUNDA is a traditional schooner which is ready to leave the dock today. Very few affordable fiberglass schooners come on the market. Make an appointment to see this one today.
Exclusions: Owners personal items
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.