1979 Contessa 28 Sloop
- Stock #078080 -
LOTS OF SIGNIFICANT UPGRADES FROM 25 YEAR OWNER ***SHE IS READY TO GO***
Built at the famed Jeremy Rodgers boatyard in England, this beauty was brought across the pond 30 years ago. This second owner bought her from the first in 1995 and took the pride in ownership both the yard and first owner took. Multiple upgrades are identified below, along with complete service history available upon showing.
The Contessa 28 offers 3 Double-Berths in 2 cabins. The large Forepeak V-berth has privacy for 2, Lockers P&S, Hanging Locker w/Hooks to Port.
The Settee Berth converts to a double to Starboard in Main Salon with folding table down. The Quarter, or further settee berth, to starboard converts into a double berth to Starboard at Mid-ship and lies below the Chart table on rails which folds and stows away under bridge deck.
With the fold-down leaves of the cockpit table and 6'1" headroom, there's plenty of room to move around
Moulded heads compartment to starboard with a marine toilet (Lavac) upgrade, wash basin with cold water supply, storage and a hanging locker opposite.
Galley to port consisting of a 2-burner Propane Stove, sink with cold water supply and 15 gallon Ice Box.
Of the many upgrades, the Yanmar in her sound-proofed compartment tops the list, along with the bottom work (please see condition).
Current owner upgrades....
- Raycor fuel filters with fuel polishing loop
- New Martec folding prop
- Mid-deck Hatch added for more ventilation
- Replaced forward hatch with Lewmar Hatch
- Added propane locker for stove (never hooked up)
- Added bridge deck to cockpit during engine upgrade
- Replaced mainsheet traveler with Harken traveler and Harken deck organizers
- Added new Lavac head with holding tank
- Rewired new electrical panel with circuit breakers (replacing old fuses)
- Added custom below deck stainless angle brackets/braces to beef up the connection of the running rigging to the ships bulkheads (rather than just deck plates)
SAILS and RIGGING
- Jasper & Bailey Fully battened main with Dutchman flaking system and sailcover
- Roller Furling Jib
- Genoa 118%, 150% storm sail
- 8 Self-tailing Lewmar Winches
- Multiple Reef points in Main
- Spinnaker Pole
- Adjustable Backstay
In the words of builder Jeremy Rogers with agreement from sailing authority Doug Peterson.......
"We were determined to create a cruiser that will not sag away to leeward as soon as the wind draws forward of the beam, or wallow sluggishly as soon as it drops below Force 3."
"Selling because i'm downsizing to something easier for our kids to take out on their own, (15' Marshall Cat)."
Please submit any and ALL offers - your offer may be accepted! Submit your offer today!
At POP Yachts, we will always provide you with a TRUE representation of every Boats we market. We encourage all buyers to schedule a survey for an independent analysis. Any offer to purchase is ALWAYS subject to satisfactory survey results.
Take a look at ALL ***125 PICTURES*** of this Boats, AND A VIDEO, on our main website at POPYACHTS DOT COM. Thank you for visiting and we look forward to speaking with you!