1991 Sabre Mk II
Highly sought after and beautifully maintained Roger Hewson designed Sabre 38 MKII with Hood in-mast furling main sail and rare shoal draft wing keel with a draft of 4’8”. “NightStar” is a breeze to sail by a couple or single-handed with her furling head sail and Hood in-mast furling main sail with all lines leading to the cockpit. “NightStar” spent the majority of her life on the fresh waters of Lake Michigan where she was de-rigged and stored indoors for more than half of each year. “NightStar” was brought to Florida 3 years ago (March, 2013) where her current owners have routinely invested in her professional maintenance and systems upgrades. Recent upgrades include: NEW North Sails Main Sail with rebuilt Hood in-mast furling system, NEW Nav Pod and Raymarine E95 Hybrid Touch w/Navionics Charts, NEW Raymarine 4KW Digital HD Color Radar and Sea Talk Interface, NEW full size Jabsco marine head with all NEW premium Shields sanitation hoses, 2 NEW aluminum propane tanks, NEW Sunbrella Captain’s Navy custom Dodger and Bimini Top, (3) NEW Optima Blue Top AGM house/starting batteries, NEW Bio Cop bottom paint (March, 2016) over epoxy barrier coating, topsides buffed and waxed (March, 2016) and all exterior bright work stripped and varnished with Epiphanes (March, 2016).
As you come down the companionway you will be impressed with a beautifully varnished teak interior and teak and holly cabin sole. The quality of the joinery, fit and finish is what makes Sabre Yachts so special. The galley is to port and the aft facing dedicated navigation station to starboard. Moving forward you enter the main salon with “L” shaped settee to port, full settee to starboard and bulkhead mounted varnished dining table for 6 adults. Forward of the main salon is the owner’s stateroom with 6’6” v-berth with built in storage drawers, a hanging closet and a full vanity with seating, counter space, storage cabinets, sink large vanity mirror and full length dressing mirror. Overhead is a large opening hatch that provides plenty of ventilation. There is additional shelving to port and starboard. Aft of the galley is the second full stateroom with ample storage, shelving, hanging locker and opening port windows to provide ventilation. Aft of the navigation station is the full size head and shower combination with storage cabinets, hanging locker, overhead opening hatch and opening port window.
The large main salon makes for very comfortable entertaining with dining for 6 adults. The “L” shaped settee converts to sleep 2 with an additional single berth on the starboard settee. There is one large, overhead opening hatch and 2 smaller overhead opening hatches in the main salon along with 4 stainless opening port windows and 4 fixed Lexan ports that all provide plenty of light and ventilation. Throughout the main salon are numerous teak louvered storage cabinets with a dedicated bottle storage locker and 4 drawer tool chest at the navigation station with all of the original Sabre tools.
The galley is to port with plenty of storage, stainless steel sink and new galley faucet.
Rigging / On Deck
- (2) Over Size Lewmar Sheet Winches (1) Lewmar Cabin Top Winch
- Hood Stow Away in Mast Furling.
- New North Sails Mainsail
- Hood Roller Furling W/135% Genoa
- North Sails Cruising Spinnaker
- 1x19 Standing Rigging
- Rigid Boom Vang Led Aft
- Spinner Track, Sliding Car and Pole Lift
- (2) Spare Halyards
- Harken Genoa Cars
- New Windex with Light
- Navtec Backstay Adjuster
- Main Halyard with Spinlock
- Jib Halyard W/Spinlock
- Spinnaker Halyard W/Spinlock
- All Running Rigging Led Aft to Cockpit
- Edson Rail Mount Steering Wheel Holder
- 4 Stainless Dorade Vents On Deck
Navigational Electronics and Electrical
- Auto helm ST60 Tridata (Speed, Depth, Temp)
- Raymarine HD Color Radar 4KW NEW
- Raymarine E95 Hybrid Touch Chart Plotter W/Navpod at Helm (NEW)
- Auto helm (Wind) Seatalk
- Auto helm/Raytheon ST-6000 Autopilot W/Remote
- ICOM M-502 VHF Radio W/Cockpit Mic and NMEA Bridge Seatalk GPS
- (3) NEW Optima blue top AGM batteries
- Bose house systems panel w/lights
- Battery monitor
- 30 Amp Shore power cord with adapters
- Small battery charger/manual hookup
Engine And Mechnical
- Sea Frost Refrigeration (Engine driven and ice box cold plate
- Mermaid and air conditioning reverse cycle heating
Awl-grip flag blue hull polished out January 2016 while in yard having new bottom paint applied.
* Engine hours are as of the date of the original listing and are a representation of what the listing broker is told by the owner and/or actual reading of the engine hour meters. The broker cannot guarantee the true hours. It is the responsibility of the purchaser and/or his agent to verify engine hours, warranties implied or otherwise and major overhauls as well as all other representations noted on the listing brochure.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.