1999 362 Sabre Cruising Sailboat
** SOLD **
If you are looking for a well-loved Sabre 362 in exceptional condition and priced to sell, "OWED TO JOY" is the boat for you! Winner of Cruising World Boat of the Year, this moderate displacement yacht was designed for high-performance luxury cruising with a comfortable and sea kindly ride. This is a "must see" boat.
Built in 1999, with low hours on her Yanmar engine, nearly new standing rigging and mast, and lovely Sunbrella canvas and sun screens, this boat has a well-balanced sail plan allowing her to be easily handled by a couple. Below deck, her generous 12' beam gives the Sabre 362 a very spacious and open plan. Her warm and inviting interior is beautifully finished in varnished American cherry and features dovetail joinery, cedar-lined hanging lockers, and louvered cabinet doors.
A survey was completed last year and is available for serious inquiries.
The owner’s stateroom is forward that features a large v-berth that sleeps (2), polished stainless vanity sink and a cherry framed mirror and dressing seat for storage. A large hanging locker with light is to port with cedar lined hanging locker, shelving on both port and starboard Cypress hull ceilings and a separate storage locker near the vanity sink.
The aft cabin is to starboard, aft of the galley and beneath the cockpit sole that sleeps (2). A large cedar lined hanging locker with light is to starboard, storage shelving, dressing seat and extra access to the Yanmar engine.
The main salon features a single berth to port and the starboard single berth converts to a twin berth. Ample cabinet space is above both berths with a beautiful bulkhead mounted table that seats (6). Total number of sleeping berths (7).
The head area has a large shower stall that is separate from the head and wet locker. The toilet area has a vanity sink with mirror and storage. Both areas are equipped with sump pumps.
The galley is "L" shaped to starboard as you come down the companionway steps. A deep and well insulated ice box is outboard. Ample storage space above and below counter.
- Adler Barbour 12VDC refrigeration
- Regal (2) burner propane stove w/oven and safety solenoid shut off
- Double polished stainless sinks
- Hot and cold pressure water w/pull out faucet spout
- Fynspray hand pumps for ice box and water system
- Ample storage cabinetry
- Safety rail mounted at stove
- Propane monitor above stove
Deck & Hull
The Sabre 362 has large side decks for easy movement around her deck area. Molded in non-skid pattern, raised teak toe rail for support adds to the safety and beauty of the 362.
- Bottom was stripped, sanded, epoxy coated and bottom painted December 2012.
- NEW dodger, bimini, hatch covers, window covers, mainsail cover, handrail covers, fixed port covers, cockpit side panels and pedestal cover. March 2012
- Sun shade for helm seat
- NEW exterior teak varnish (8) coats (recent)
- "Sugar Scoop" transom for easy dinghy boarding
- Imron double boot stripes
- Deep rudder and carbon fiber rudder post for steering performance
- 35lb. CQR anchor with chain and rode
- 2nd. Danforth anchor and rode
- Double vinyl covered lifelines w/gates
- Swim ladder
- (4) Lewmar Ocean series opening deck hatches w/screens
- (4) Lewmar ST winches
- (2) polished chrome dorade vents
- Inboard and outboard Genoa tracks
- Screened companionway hatch boards
- Pre-wire for electric windlass
- Ritchie compass on pedestal
- (2) Lewmar 48 CST Ocean Series winches
- (2) Lewmar 30 CST Ocean Series winches
- Edson pedestal steering with 40" comfort grip destroyer wheel
- Emergency tiller
- Polished stainless steel opening ports
- (2) recessed cockpit pockets
- (4) main salon fixed ports
Sails & Rigging
- New Hall Spars Awl-gripped mast and standing rigging in 2006
- Keel stepped mast w/double spreaders
- North Sails full battened mainsail
- North #1 and #2 Genoas
- Harken roller furling system
- Boom vang led aft
- Lazy Jacks flaking system for mainsail
- Burgee halyard
- All halyards led aft to cockpit
- Masthead Windex
- Anchor light at masthead
- Lewmar turning blocks at mast base led aft
- Harken traveller led aft
- Boom is Awl-gripped with internal reefing and outhaul
- Jiffy reefing led aft
- Internal halyards led aft
- Total sail area 634 sq. feet
Electrical & Mechanical
- Yanmar 3JH2E diesel w/797 hours and Racor fuel filter
- Cruise Air 16000 BTU reverse cycle air conditioning
- Adler Barbour 12 VDC refrigeration
- 110 volt water heater
- True Charge 40 amp battery charger
- Master Bass AC/DC electrical panel
- Air conditioning sump pump
- Dripless packing for engine shaft
- (2) group 31 maintenance free batteries
- group 27 AGM battery
- Heat exchanger on engine for ships hot water
- 12 volt fans
- Tinned wire throughout
- Cabin lights
- ICOM IC-M127 VHF radio
- Uniden hand held VHF
- Garmin 498 GPS map plotter
- Raymarine ST60 Tridata
- Raymarine ST60 wind machine
- Raymarine ST6002 autopilot
- Ritchie compass
- New stereo/CD player with cockpit and salon speakers
- Whale manual bilge pump
- Rule 2000 GPH automatic bilge pump
- Life sling
- Horseshoe buoy
- Jack lines
- Horseshoe buoy
- CG package
- First aid kit
- Flare kit
- (3) marine mounted fire extinguishers
Hull Construction: Single unit, balsa cored, hand laminated fiberglass of alternate layers of mat knitted biaxial roving, ISO NPG gelcoat. Below waterline chopped strand glass and vinylester resin as a backup for ISO NPG gelcoat. Bulkheads, berth faces and floor stringers laminated to hull providing integral, structural strength.
Deck Construction: Single unit, hand laminated fiberglass with balsa core for stiffness and marine mahogany plywood in lieu of balsa in high stress areas. The deck is bonded to the hull using stainless steel thru-bolts every 6" with aircraft style hex nuts and 5200 bonding compound.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.