1960 Marco Long Range Trawler
This “Blue Water” Grand Alaskan Cruiser has been designed and custom built especially for yachtsman wanting a ship whose areas extend to coastal water and open sea, with a 4000 mile range in comfort and safety the major importance. This offshore Trawler of the “Coho” type; built by Marine Construction and Design “Marco” as a custom build. Construction is 1 3/8” carvel planted Alaskan Yellow Cedar with Everdure bronze screws. With a 2000 gallon fuel tank capacity, at 3/9 gallons per hour this vessel has a range of 4000 miles. Heavy Alaskan seas or sunny Mexican waters, the Norland is at home.
Safety and reliability control this outstanding vessel, almost every piece of equipment has a redundancy back up, generators, dinghies, electronics and water heaters, as well as the fresh water systems. All the electronics for the flybridge are a duplicate of the pilothouse controls and have been stored below in a safe, dry, away from the elements place, so they are all in excellent condition. The sound, heavy construction of the cruiser will withstand severe weather and any aspect of harsh environment from the Caribbean to Alaska, this boat was designed to travel the world with comfort, luxury and safety. Get home mainsail will bring you back in any weather.
The power system of this beauty has been re-powered by Tony Athens, a renowned marine expert in the re-powering field! These twin Cummins diesel engines only have 50+ hours and are ready to be put to use.
Tony Athens of Seaboard Marine states that:
“The Seaboard Way”
Seaboard Marine delivers “Guaranteed Better Than Factory” Performance, Parts, Design and engineering for Cummins and Yanmar Marine Diesel Applications. We’ve been serving the Venturland, Oxnard areas of California since 1982 as a custom boat builder; re-power specialist, designer and supplier of equipment to builders, commercial fisherman and recreational users.
- Recent re-power by Tony Athens in Ventura
- Less than 100 hours on new engines
- 2000 gallon diesel capacity with fuel polisher
- 800 gallon fresh water capacity
- Balmar 40 gal/hour watermaker and DC charging capability
- New Northern lights AC genset
- Extreme Long range (4000 nm)
- Built for heavy seas, full displacement hull
- Many redundant systems; twin generators, twin engines, twin fresh water pumps, twin water heaters, twin bait tanks, twin sea anchors, spare part for all systems
- Searchlight Sonar
- Very low hull maintenance
- Veteran of many trips from Baja to Alaska
- Two dinghies, three outboard engines
- Sleeps 8
- Three Staterooms
- 2 heads, one with shower.
- Sleeps 8
- Forward Stateroom has 4 bunks, head and sink
- Mid Ship Stateroom- One double bunk
- Aft Stateroom, spacious double bunk with plenty of storage and a full head, shower and sink
This Roomy galley contains the following amenities:
- Propane stove and oven.
- Two reefers, one of which can be set to be a freezer.
- Two compressors on the reefer/freezer unit for redundancy.
- 2 hot water systems; one electric and one propane for redundancy.
- Washer and dryer
- Bose sound system
- Two fresh water pumps, 32v and/or 12v for redundancy.
- One emergency dewatering pump mounted below decks.
- New props in 2010, old props kept as spares.
- 2 Dinghies; 3 Outboard Engines
- Two sets of stabilizers (Fish) and one set of flopper stoppers.
- Propane BBQ.
- 5 propane tanks.
- Givens 6 Person Offshore Liferaft
- Outriggers for fishing.
- Twin Cummins 210 hp Diesel Recently Re-powered; 50 hours
- 2000 gallons diesel capacity
- Burns 5 gph at hull speed of 8.5 kts.
- Max speed 12 kts.
- centrifugal fuel polisher and 24,000 btu AC unit.
- Lots of tools and spare parts including new, spare starter motor.
- Two vacuum systems flush mounted.
- Oil changing system plumbed into engines.
- Engines and generators hard plumbed for fresh water flushing as needed
- Two gensets; one northern lights 12 kw M84 with 78 hours and one Balmar DC genset/watermaker combination with 40 gph Fresh water production.
- Main house bank is Rolls/Surrette 32 volt installed in 2012.
- Trojan 12v batteries to provide 12v as needed.
- 5 anchors appropriately sized for vessel with 500 feet of 3/8 chain.
- 2 bait tanks; aft bait tank is 6 scoop and has 2 separate pumps.
- COMNAV autopilot 1 year old.
- Furuno radar.
- Northstar Nav system with remote head to flybridge.
- Furuno CH250 sonar with remote head to flybridge.
- Two inverters;
- two chargers.
- Ability to charge from: Northern lights; Balmar; two engine driven alternators or shore power.
- Recently hauled and painted in 2014.
- 2 parachute type sea anchors.
- 406 EPIRB
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.