1975 Defever 34 Passagemaker
The Defever 34 Passagemaker is one of the relatively few trawlers built in the United States.
"Skye" is a traditional trawler- sedan style and she is built by Jensen Marine in Costa Mesa, CA. She is suitable for use in Southern California. Her proud owners have owned her since 1989 and they're still enjoy cruising her. It is rare to find a quality DeFever at an affordable price.
“Skye” offers a comfortable berthing for four persons, an L-shape dinette, fully equipped galley, lower helm and a flybridge. She have most of her original equipment and instruments. She has a new Northern Generator installed in 2002, new propeller and a new water heater in 2010, her last bottom paint was in 2014, the teak rails are recoated twice a year, her engine and generator are serviced once a year. Her maintenance and repair records are available upon request.
The owners are motivated. Call the Listing Broker for any questions and for viewing appointment today. I look forward to hearing from you and hopefully to earning your business.
In the bow is the comfortable master cabin with a v-berth with lots of drawers and locker storage and an overhead hatch. Next, aft to port is the private head with vanity, sink and hot and cold pressure water, electric toilet and shower fixtures. Across to starboard is a large hanging locker. Moving aft, and up three steps, to starboard is the navigation station with engine control, steering wheel, captain's seat, compass and electronics. There is also a sliding door for an easy access to the side deck. To port is the main salon with an L-settee with a hi-lo table that turns into a berth. Across to starboard is the fully equipped galley with sink, stove, refrigerator, microwave and plenty of drawers and storage. There is a double sliding door as you walk toward aft to the spacious covered cockpit.
From the cockpit, there is a step ladder that leads you to the flybridge. The flybridge offers a great visibility for navigation and she is equipped with electronics, two bench seats facing fwd, bimini, covered canvas and leather seats that folds down for sun bathing or an open seating.
- Princess - Three Burner Electric Stove with Oven
- Dual Voltage Norcold Refrigerator
- Time Master - Microwave Oven
- Single Stainless Steel Sink
- Hot and Cold Pressure Water
- Counter Space
- Under Counter Storage
- Hummingbird Depth Sounder
- Furuno Radar
- Handheld GPS with an installed Power Connector on Bridge
- Two VHF Radios - Lower Helm and Flybridge
- Auto Pilot - Lower Helm and Flybridge
Steering and Control
- Hydraulic Steering
- Com Nav AutoPilot
- 5" Danforth Constellation Compass - Flybridge
- 4" Richie Compass - Lower Helm
- Northern Lights Generator 120 V AC Diesel Engine/Generator - 468 hrs.
- Two 8D 12V Deep Cycle House Batteries with Parallel/Isolation Switch
- One 8D Start Battery for Main Engine and Generator with Switch to Parallel with the House Batteries
- Lewco 20 Amp Three Circuit Battery Charger
- 12V DC Electrical System with Master Panel
- 30A, 110V Electrical Shore Power and Generator System with Master Panel
- Shore Power Cord
- Perkins 6-354 Diesel - 120 HP - Fresh Water Cooled
- Partial Overhaul in 2013
- Borg Warner Velvet Drive Transmission
- Stainless Steel Hot Water Heater - 110V/Engine Heated
- One Electrical Bilge Pump
- One Manual Bilge Pump
- Anchor Windlass
- Danforth 20 lb. Anchor with 300' 5/16" bbb Galvanized Chain
- Bimini Top Over Flybridge Steering Station with Removable Canvas and Mylar Enclosure
- Bimini Top Over Aft Deck
- Seat Cushions on Fwd Flybridge Steering Station Bench Seats
- Fore/Aft Seats Behind Flybridge Steering Station. These can fold down to form six' long padded benches, suitable for sleeping
- Powder Coated Aluminum Mast on Bridge with Radar Platfrom and a Boom.
- Plexiglass Venturi Windshield on Flybridge
- Two Folding Director Chairs, Two White Resin Chairs
- Dishes, Utensils, Pots & Pans
- Dock Lines