1979 Mainship 34 Mainship
** SOLD **
Here is a nice cruising yacht with a Yanmar engine that is lighter and more powerful than the old Perkins it replaced. There are many more upgrades and improvements that are detailed within the full listing brochure. This boat has been well maintained and is ready to resume cruising.
According to The Powerboat Guide “the Mainship 34 …often called the 34 Trawler… is one of the most popular small cruisers ever built”. This was due in part by the affordable price, but also to the many attributes this Cherubini designed vessel offers: outstanding economy via the easily driven semi-displacement hull powered by a single diesel engine, both upper and lower helms for all weather operation, and a comfortable and accommodating single stateroom layout ideally suited to a cruising couple. No wonder this salty, seaworthy yacht retains such popularity and value.
Entering the air-conditioned main salon via a sliding glass door from the cockpit, there is a custom settee to port with storage bins under. To starboard is the folding dinette table with occasional chair seating. The lower helm station is forward to starboard, with a desktop cabinet opposite.
- Air conditioning with digital control
- Custom AC cabinet with bottle storage and desk top
- Pass-thru opening to galley
- Custom Okoume wood folding dinette table
- Three teak magazine holders
- Varnished Okoume wood floors
- Center line carpeting
- Designer drapery and window curtains
- Window sun screens (new 2013)
- Brass ship’s clock
- Indoor-outdoor thermometer
The “U” shaped galley is to port, a few steps down from the salon. There is ample counter space, a single stainless sink with recently replaced hot & cold water faucet, and tons of storage within the re-built galley cabinets.
- Daewoo microwave oven (new 2013)
- Camp Chef butane single burner cooktop
- Norcold refrigerator/freezer (new 2011)
- Stainless sink with new faucet
- Air-conditioning outlet
- Opening portlight above sink
The large head compartment across from the galley features an easy to clean one-piece molded counter, sink, and shower stall with seat. The toilet is electric flush with three-way discharge (deck, holding tank, overboard), and good access to the plumbing.
- Household size electric flush toilet (new 2012)
- New pumps and hoses (2012)
- Molded sink with new faucet
- Opening portlight with curtain
- Stainless safety bar in shower
The stateroom forward has a “V” berth arrangement with filler cushion. There are two hanging lockers that have been converted to shelving, and additional storage under the beds.
- Folding privacy door
- Air conditioning outlet
- Fitted mattress pads and linen
- Two 12 volt fans
- Two opening portlights with privacy curtains
- Opening overhead hatch
The flybridge has a center helm console and adjustable Captain’s chair with weather covers for both. Additional seating is via occasional folding chairs. A large dunnage box and antenna mast are aft. Reported that flybridge deck was re-built by previous owner in 2010.
- Bimini and Isinglass (new 2011)
- New dashboard and engine instruments 2012
- New LED anchor light 2012
- Guest remote control search light
- 12 volt outlets
- Rear view mirror
The spacious cockpit is shaded by the flybridge deck that partially extends over the cockpit. The cockpit boarding ladder can be attached at port, starboard, or stern. There is a fold-up cocktail table mounted on the transom. There are two reel holders under the starboard gunnel for the water hoses and power cables, and boat hook holders port, starboard, and aft. New LED lighting has been added, as well as a roll-out sun shade on the aft end of the overhead deck. The original teak coaming cover boards have been replaced by faux-wood boards for reduced maintenance, and additional rod holders and mooring cleats were added in 2012. Reported that cockpit deck was re-built by previous owner in 2010.
- Cockpit boarding ladder
- Folding cocktail table
- Two cable/hose holders
- Hot & cold fresh water shower
- Deck wash-down faucet & hoses
- New LED lighting (2013)
- Roll out sun shade (new 2013)
- Ships bell
- Sliding screen door (new 2011)
- Swim platform
- Swim ladder (new 2012)
- Stern anchor (new 2012)
Electronics - Flybridge
- Garmin Map 541S GPS Plotter (new 2012)
- Simrad AP24 Autopilot w/remote (new 2012)
- Uniden 380 VHF Radio
- Hawkeye digital depth sounder (new 2012)
- Guest searchlight control
- Ritchie Powerdamp magnetic compass
Electronics - Lower Helm
- Garmin Map 441 GPS (new 2012)
- Simrad AP24 Autopilot remote (new 2012)
- Horizon Eclipse VHF radio
- West Marine hand-held VHF radio
- Hawkeye digital depth sounder (new 2012)
- Digital indoor/outdoor thermometer
- Next Gen 3.5Kw generator in sound cover (overhauled 2012)
- 30 Amp shore power
- Xantex 40 Amp battery charger (new 2013)
- Three 12 volt batteries (new 2013)
- Electrical distribution panel
- GFI electrical outlets
- 12 volt receptacles
- Programmable digital AC control
- Reported that much of vessel re-wired 2009
Engine Details & Mechanical Equipment
- 2003 Yanmar 4LHA-DTP 200HP FWC diesel engine installed in 2010 at 217 hrs.
- Hour meter now showing 456 hrs.
- Racor fuel filter with vacuum gauge
- Dual lever mechanical throttle & shift levers
- Full analog instrumentation at both helm stations
- Hynautic hydraulic steering
- New engine exhaust system installed 2010
- Two new fuel tanks installed 2010
Additional Equipment & Features
- New fresh water tank (2013)
- New water heater (2011)
- New bow sprit and anchor (2012)
- Re-built side and fore deck (2012)
- Stern anchor & rode
- Stainless swim ladder
- New anti-fouling paint (2012)
- New zincs (2013)
- Lewmar bow thruster
With the issue of soft decks having been corrected, and with her reliable Yanmar engine, and with numerous other upgrades and improvements, “Coconut Rhumb” should be inspected by all serious buyers looking for a well-found cruiser in this size and price range.
Plus, the owner has a new Lewmar bow thruster that he planned to have installed before personal issues necessitated selling. It will be included with the sale of the vessel!
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.