1983 Defever 41 Trawler
New on the market! She is VERY economical and in VERY nice condition. NO TEAK DECKS; FIBERGLASS ENCASED FUEL TANKS! This Defever 41 is an outstanding example of a highly maintained boat both mechanically and cosmetically. It's a great design to begin with, both handsome and sea-kindly, and she's been beautifully maintained and renewed. You would never know the age of CAMPAJO by looking at her. She's not a "big" boat, which means she's easily handled by two and comfortably maintained by two. There is alot of storage space if you are looking to stow goods for a longer voyage. And if you just want to knock around the inside of the ICW, she's extremely "liveable", both inside and out. Please come take a look. We think you'll see why this DeFever must be seen to be appreciated.
This is a lovely, clean boat. The owners have taken loving care of CAMPAJO and she has had over all light use through the years. If the DeFever 41 is on your list of boats to consider, you should call us to see this boat. If it's not, maybe you should reconsider, and call us to find out why she's great for that Bahamas or Keys trip, AND great for full time, live-aboard, long distance cruising.
Click on the link below for a video walk-through of CAMPAJO:
CAMPAJO, 41' DeFever Trunk Cabin Trawler
Close YouTube tab to return to YachtWorld listing brochure.
New on the market CAMPAJO is ready to go back cruising. Her present Owners have meticulously maintained and improved her during their watch. All exterior brightwork has recent varnish. She has an Isinglass© fully enclosed bridge helm area. Newly updated Galley, an island berth Master Stateroom, a very comfortable Saloon area and a forward Guest V berth with its own Head.
This boat is a must see if you want a turn-key, inexpensive (but classic, rich looking) character vessel that will turn heads and get thumbs up wherever you go.
Vessel Walkthrough & Accommodations
This is a split plan with the Guest Stateroom forward (sleeps two) and the owner’s suite aft (sleeps two), separated by the Salon, Up-Galley and lower helm on one level.
The engine room is below the main Salon sole, and is accessed by lifting any number of floor hatches up. Access to all sides of the engine, and all service points is excellent.
Deck access is through either the port or starboard sliding teak doors. The side, aft and forward decks are all one level. Up steps to the aft cabin top deck, then up steps to the Flybridge with Helm & Passenger seating.
The Salon is entered from either port or starboard decks through two solid teak sliding doors. Inside helm is to starboard with full engine instrumentation. There is an L-shaped settee to port with storage under. A U-shaped Galley is aft of the helm to starboard. There's more countertop and storage aft and to port in the Galley which is also the same new Granite as the Galley. Teak and holly sole, teak cabinetry, all solid teak wood siding around windows and Naugahyde-style overhead with handrails and teak strips. Extensive 12v dome lighting, 110v lamp fixture. A 16K BTU (3 zone) air conditioner cools the Salon. It has all new air handling tubes installed. Engine room access is through removable floor panels (3). Salon windows have two sets of window covers. Four salon windows (2 port, 2 starboard) open for ventilation, in addition to sliding deck access doors. There is a Salon chair and a twin-drop leaf teak dining table at the settee.
CAMPAJO features a Galley-up layout and is well ventilated by large opening window. The chef can prepare a simple snack or complete dinner and still be involved with the fun going on in the salon. The Galley comes complete with a large Norcold refrigerator (NEW 2013), a double sink, and a 3-burner propane stove and oven. Like the rest of this boat, she has lots of storage in her 5 cabinets and 6 drawers. The countertops are new granite with built-in sink and new faucet.
- Propane Stove and Oven
- Norcold 12V/110V refrigerator (new 2013)
- NEW granite countertop and sink and faucet
Aft Master Stateroom
The Aft Stateroom is located down two steps (storage under) and has a walkaround double berth (storage and water tank under), extensive drawers and lockers to port and starboard, a walk-in hanging locker with a built-in bureau (drawers and cabinet) to port and a built-in desk to starboard. The ensuite head is a new manual Jabsco with a tub and shower, marble topped vanity with sink, mirrored medicine cabinet, storage under and additional cabinets outboard of the tub/shower. Extensive 12v and 110v lighting, 4 bronze portholes with screens, one fixed port and one opening hatch/door for aft egress. Teak and holly sole, all teak cabinetry, Naugahyde-style overhead with handrails and teak accent strips.
Forward Guest Stateroom
The Forward Guest Stateroom has a very large V-berth, with full-length shelves outboard, a hanging locker to starboard and a electric head, shower and marble topped vanity/sink ensuite to port. There is access to the anchor locker up forward. Storage in drawers, lockers and cabinets throughout the cabin. Teak and holly sole, Teak cabinetry, teak planked hull sides and Naugahyde-style overhead with teak strips and 12 volt lighting. 110 v. bulkhead outlets. Overhead deck hatch two bronze portholes in cabin and one in the head. Door and folding hatch cover to main Salon for complete privacy.
Flybridge and Aft Decks
Built-in forward facing seating on port and stbd sides of helm. Ample storage forward and under seats. Flybridge has custom made SS frame for soft bimini top. In addition to the built-in seating, there is plenty of space for other chairs. Includes four wooden folding chairs and a table. Upper helm boasts great visibility of bow and stern. It is a roomy and comfortable flybridge for a boat this size! Fiberglass box for two-tank propane locker. Full (extended) bimini with SS bows and full Eisinglass enclosure. Dual trumpet air horns (reported not working).
Engine and Mechanical
Background: This vessel has been on the hard during the Summer months (6 months a year) and in the water during Winter only, mainly in the Bahamas and here in Florida, its cruising area. The engines and mechanicals have been "winterized" and flushed out during each of the haul outs.
The single Perkins 6 cylinder naturally aspirated engine is accessed through several large floor hatches. There is great working room around, in front, in back of the engine. With floor boards (3) up, the area is light, well ventilated, and of course, has standing head room. The batteries are located in the engine room, as well as the Westerbeke 6 KW generator with only 1300 hours.
- Single Perkins 6 cylinder naturally aspirated diesel engine
- Fresh Water Cooling; raw sea water impeller new 2016
- New genset mounts in 2014
- 1.75” drive shaft (NEW 2016); old one had an internal defect
- NEW 2016 cutlass bearing, stuffing box packing and hose, and transmission tail shaft and drive shaft couplings, and new rear transmission seal
- Bow Thruster
- Fuel Shutoff Valves
- Perko Sea Strainers
- Engine Alarm
- Engine Hour Meter
- Fiberglass enclosed Diesel Fuel Tanks
- Macerators (NEW 2015) and holding tank for forward head
- Fuel tank sight gauge
- Racor filters as primary for both engines and generator
- 12v lighting in engine room
- Manual bilge pump
- Electric bilge pumps
- Hot water heater
Deck and Hull Equipment
The complete walk around deck plan of the Defever 41 makes for a secure on-deck experience in any kind of weather. She has high gunwales and sturdy stainless stanchions supporting the teak handrail. She has a substantial twin roller anchor platform with Sampson post and a dual direction windlass. Her decks afford the best non-skid surface there is. The teak decks have been professionally fiberglassed over and non-skid applied.
On the boat deck, leading up to the flybridge, you'll find oversized stainless rails (1 1/4") for added security. The side decks of the Defever 41 are easily accessed from port and starboard doors in the Salon. This quick and easy access to the deck at a moment's notice, and the complete security with which you can walk around the decks of this boat while docking, or voyaging in a seaway, is one of its great features.
ALL EXTERNAL TEAK NEWLY REFINISHED 2016
- Lofrans Tigres electric windlass (NEW 2013), with forward foot switches and remote flybridge switch
- Teak anchor platform with bow pulpit
- Sampson post
- (1) Delta anchor
- (1) Bulwagga anchor (at least 100' chain, then rode)
- Bimini Sunbrella canvas (new 2013)
- Eight hawser cleats through bulwarks
- Fiberglass, teak and bronze rubbing strake length of hull, with second rubbing strake near waterline aft portion of hull
- SS stanchions with teak capped handrail
- Gates port, starboard and aft
- Handholds and handrails throughout
- 20” high bulwarks forward tapering to 11” high at transom
- 1” SS railing around mid-deck and handrails to flybridge
- Aft full width lazarette
- Waste pumpout plates, diesel and water fill plates port and starboard
- Dockside pressure water hook-up
- Saltwater deck/anchor wash down and aft deck wash down
- Mast - lowers down for bridge openings
- Teak swim platform with swimming ladder
- Flybridge name boards
- Fiberglass Propane tank locker with two tanks
- Hauled in 2016 and no blisters reported; was barrier coated in 2013
- Propane BBQ station mounted on Flybridge railing (plumbed to propane tanks)
- New Igloo cooler mounted on top of trunk cabin
- 1999 Caribe RIB 10'3" with Yamaha 2-stroke 15hp engine
- Transom dinghy davits with solar panels mounted
Electronics and Navigation Equipment
This boat comes ready to go voyaging with a complete array of electronics.
Lower Helm Station
- Sitex T-180 radar
- Sitex SP-80 autopilot
- Standard Horizon Eclipse VHF (NEW 4/2016)
- Aquameter digital depth (reported not working)
- Furuno GPS Navigator
- Garmin Echo 200 FF (reported not working)
- Standard Horizon VHF
- Furuno GPS Navigator
- Standard Horizon GPS Chart Plotter with US East Coast & Bahamas chip
- Sitex SP-80 Autopilot
- Westerbeke 6Kw Genset with 1300 hours
- New raw sea water impeller in 2014
- (4) 12v batteries - configured in 3 battery banks
- (2) 30amp 110v dockside electrical inputs
- AC/DC electrical circuit breaker panel
- 135watt Solar panel mounted on top of dinghy davits
- (6) lifejackets
- Throwable Life Ring buoy
- (3) Fire Extinguishers (out of certification)
This is a lovely, clean boat. I've been involved with this boat with the past two Owners. Both of them have taken loving care of CAMPAJO through the years. If the DeFever 41 is on your list of boats to consider, you should call us to see this boat. If it's not, maybe you should reconsider, and call us to find out why she's great for that Bahamas or Keys cruise you've been dreaming of, AND great for full time, live-aboard, long distance cruising.
Please note that Bartram & Brakenhoff's commission policy is 50/50 on boats less than $300K to Florida Licensed Brokers.
CAMPAJO, 1983 41' DeFever FD MY is a Central Listing of Bartram & Brakenhoff/Stuart. Central Listing Agent is Bill Watson, (772) 215-0736 or (e-mail us using the link on this page) Contents of this listing brochure © Bartram & Brakenhoff; co-brokerage courtesy printing of PDF brochure ONLY.