1996 Dixon Boat Builders Pilothouse Expedition Style
** SOLD **
A Custom, Raised Pilothouse Expedition Style Trawler. Canadian built all fiberglass, with a single Cat Diesel, a Perkins "Get Home" wing engine, Naiad Stabilizers, Bow thruster, and full electronics. This is a true offshore blue water trawler with 3000 gallons of fuel. She features an all new galley and salon in her 3 stateroom layout.
Navigator has been donated to a respected and well established Children's Charitable Organization, AMI Kids, and can be purchased/chartered with no interest financing to qualified parties.
Price reduced $50,000 August 2013. Owners ready to liquidate.
Overview & Accommodations
Navigator is a 63 Trawler / Expedition Style vessel built in 1996 by Dixon's Boat Builders Limited. The exterior profile shows as a conventional trawler yacht . The hull finish is utilitarian flat grey with black commercial type rub rails. Decks are fiberglass nonskid.
The wheelhouse sits atop the salon level and is very practical and well laid out for long range cruising. The helm is central, there is a settee and watch berth and Dutch doors port and starboard for excellent visibility and access to the covered deck aft and an interior stairwell leading down and aft to the salon. Out the doors there are full walkways around the wheel house and an exterior ladder to the fore deck.
The Salon is on the main deck level and is entered from double doors from the aft deck, or a starboard side door from the covered side decks. The salon and galley have just been refitted with all new wall coverings, flooring, paneling and lighting. There is a galley forward in the salon with all new appliances, cabinets, and granite counter-tops. There is an under-counter refrigerator, under-counter freezer, 4-burner propane stovetop, and a built-in Whirlpool microwave oven. Moving forward is a laundry/utility room with new Dantry washer, Whirlpool dryer, and new freezer, all adjacent to the day head.
Guest accommodations are forward and down from the salon with two staterooms featuring separate heads and showers. All the way forward crew quarters feature over under berths, a settee with table and head with shower stall, and an escape ladder to the foredeck. Aft to port is a guest cabin with a double berth, and separate head and shower.
Opposite this guest stateroom is the workshop with access through a watertight door to the engine room. Engine room is midships and separate the guest and master staterooms.
The Master stateroom is accessed from the salon down a stairwell and is aft of the engine room. This room is very well finished and is full beam with island berth, abundant storage, built in entertainment electronics, vanity desk and a separate shower in the head compartment. Head and shower stall have just been redone completely with all new fixtures, tile and cabinets.
- COMPASS: 8" Drigo KVH Azimuth 1000 electronic compass
- VHF: Uniden President LTD 950, Icom IC-M126DSC
- SSB: Furuno FS-1503 HF transceiver
- DEPTH:Cetrek digital
- CHART PLOTTER GPS: Furuno NavNet
- GPS/Map: Garmin 4212
- Koden KBR-90 DGPS Beacon Receiver
- RADAR Furuno 1941 Mark-2, Koden MD 3404
- AUTOPILOT: Com Nav 2001 with lever type jog control and analog rudder angle indicator.
- West Marine Weather Base 10
- Hart Tank Tender System
- FloScan Meter (Inoperable)
- Motorola Iridium satellite telephone
- Intercom system
- Main Engine: Caterpillar model 3406, six cylinder, 893 cubic inch displacement, marine diesel developing a reported 400 horsepower @ 1,800 r.p.m.. 2000 Hours. Twin Disc marine reduction gear. 3 1/2" S/S Shaft. 44 by 35 four blade propeller.
- Get Home Wing Engine: Perkins naturally aspirated six cylinder marine diesel with a Velvet Drive hydraulic transmission and straight drive 1.5 inch propeller shaft and 24 by 24 folding 2 blade propeller.
- Stabilizers: Naiad model 252 with Mulitsea 2000 control panel
- Bow Thruster: Engine hydraulic
- Marine Air Conditioning: Cruisair and Aqua Air marine air conditioning systems installed. Six, 16,000 BTU compressor/air handlers and one 7000 BTU compressor/air handler.
- Primary Hydraulic System driven by propulsion engine powers; capstan, winches, bow thruster and pressure wash. Brand variable flow control valve in workroom. Secondary hydraulic pump for steering. Clutch driven pump for firefighting / bilge pumping.
- Two Raritan 20 gallon Hot Water Heaters.
- Hydraulic power assist steering
- Separate lazarette access for steering and machinery
- 12V DC and 110/220V AC systems.
- 12 VOLT: Two banks each consisting of three 8D lead acid 12 volt batteries. One group 27 lead acid 12 volt battery for generator starting. One group 27 lead acid 12 volt battery for wing engine starting.
- 110/220 VOLT: 50 amp, 220 volt shore service
- 20kw Norpro Generator Isuzu Engine.
- Gentec Hydromax Hydraulic driven generator
- 4000 watts with two Heart Freedom 20 inverters.
- Both inverters are also 100 amp 12 volt chargers.
- Kingston K80 plow anchor with chain and Nylon rode, Fortress FX-85
- Hydraulic bow windlass with chain gypsy and rope drum
- Fiberglass non skid decks
- Cargo boom with hydraulic winch
- Pipe davit
- Fiberglass swim platform
- Full covered walk around weather decks
- Opening cargo hatch access to workshop
- Stainless portlights
- Ladder from forward wheelhouse to foredeck
Sea Trial Information
On August 16th 2013 in calm seas, 10feet of water, with light winds the following speed figures were observed on a GPS. The Flo-Scan meter was not operating so no fuel consumption figures were obtained.
Main Engine Performance:
- 500 RPM Speed 4.0 Knots
- 860 RPM Speed 5.5 Knots
- 1000 RPM Speed 6.7 Knots
- 1200 RPM Speed 7.2 Knots
- 1400 RPM Speed 8.0 Knots
- 1500 RPM Speed 8.2 Knots
- 1600 RPM Speed 8.8 Knots
- 1700 RPM Speed 9.0 Knots (WOT)
Wing Engine Performance
- 1500 RPM Speed 3.2 Knots
- 2000 RPM Speed 4.3 Knots
- 2500 RPM Speed 4.5 Knots (WOT)
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.