1996 Kadey Krogen 48 North Sea Wide Body
1996 Kadey Krogen 48 North Sea Wide-body. www.freebirditude.com. Hull and superstructure molds from high-grade female tooling.Hull construction includes use of USA-made, Cook gel coat. Hand-Laid Knytex fiberglass construction with closed-cell PVC sandwich core used in topsides. Solid fiberglass below waterline w/ blister-resistant vinylester resin utilized on first two laminates below the waterline.Superstructure includes end-grain balsa core and surface mats for print-through reduction.SaloonThe saloon is entered through double doors from the fully covered aft deck. To port are 2 Lazy-Boy reclining chairs w/ two granite-topped teak end tables. Behind recliners are sliding-door lockers and (3) drawers. Forward of that is a built in book shelf and granite-topped desk/bar area w/ a wine cooler below. Forward of desk is large closet/pantry w/ built-in shelf. To starboard is a large L-shaped Ultra-suede settee w/ storage under and one granite-topped teak end table. Teak table transforms into a large table for ten people. At the forward end of the saloon is a built-in entertainment center. There are teak valances and 2 inch teak blinds on the large port and starboard saloon windows and on the aft bulkhead windows. Teak parquet floors covered in thick carpet make for a warm homey feel.
The large, open faced galley, updated in 2015, is located on the starboard side, forward of the saloon. The major components include:LED Smart lights14.4 Cu. ft. Stainless Steel refrigerator/freezer w/ icemaker, Force 10 3 burner propane stove w/ oven & alarm and shut off switch(3) propane tanks on bridge in cabinet, G.E. Microwave/convection oven, Wine fridge(2), Seagull purified water systems kitchen sink and icemaker, Granite countertops, new sinks, new faucet, New cabinet w/ large drawer, Roll-out drawers in cabinets
The pilothouse is located up and forward from the saloon/galley area. It offers excellent visibility for the captain, and comfortable accommodations for members of the cruising party. There is a large L-shaped captains navy fabric-covered settee that converts to a queen berth. The pedestal mounted table can be used as office or dining space while underway. New high-back white leather Stidd helm chair keeps the captain comfortable on long voyages. Two overhead screened hatches, 2 opening ports, 2 teak doors port and starboard provide light and ventilation. Teak and holly floors provide a nautical feel. Extensive locker space under settee and helm. Electric panel and additional closets to port.
Galley The large, open faced galley, updated in 2015, is located on the starboard side, forward of the saloon. The major components include: LED Smart lights?14.4 Cu. ft. Stainless Steel refrigerator/freezer with icemaker, Force 10 3 burner propane stove with oven with alarm and shut off switch, (3) propane tanks on bridge in cabinet, G.E. Microwave/convection oven, Wine fridge, (2) Seagull purified water systems, kitchen sink and icemaker, Granite countertops, new sinks, new faucetm New cabinet with large drawer, Roll-out drawers in cabinets.
Mechanical Caterpillar 3208N diesel, 210 hp, 3994 hours, Dual Racor filters with vacuum gauge, Wesmar hydraulic stabilizers, 7.5 sq. ft. fins, Wesmar hydraulic bow thruster, 25 hp, Dripless Shaft Seal, Oil change system, Fire suppression system, High water alarm, Raritan 30 gallon Hot Water Tank
Electrical, 12 Kw Northern Lights generator in sound shield, 2712 hours, Magnum 4000 Watt inverter/charger, 2014 Batteries (5): 8D AGMs House & Start batteries, 150 Amp Balmar Alternator
Master Stateroom The master stateroom is located forward. It features a centerline island queen-sized berth, Vizio HD Smart TV with separate antenna and also connected to saloon entertainment system, 3 hanging lockers, mirrored and lighted vanity, generous drawer and locker storage, 4 opening ports and 2 overhead hatches. The master stateroom offers abundant ventilation for those peaceful nights at anchor.
Ensuite Head The master stateroom head is located on the port side of the stateroom. New Raritan Elegance Electric toilet installed in 2014, stall shower with shower door and molded seat, two opening ports and two large toiletry cabinets. Bright LCD light over sink.
Guest Stateroom The guest stateroom is located aft of the master stateroom on the starboard side. When not used to accommodate guests this stateroom serves as an office/den with built-in desk, lighted teak bookshelves, convertible leather settee opens to a queen-size bed, drop-down bunk, hanging locker and 3 opening ports. Large locker, mirror, and drawers provide extensive storage. Secret storage closet.
Head The guest head is opposite the guest stateroom. New Raritan Elegance Electric toilet installed in 2014, stall shower with molded seat, four lockers for toiletries and cleaning products, and two opening ports. The guest head also houses the GE stack washer / dryer behind teak doors.
Electronics Freebird offers a full inventory of electronics and navigational aids. These include:
- Comnav Autopilot
- Furuno Radars (2) ? 64 miles and 48 mile
- Lenovo PC based Coastal Explorer Navigation w/22? Touchscreen
- All data (including AP) integrated within Coastal Explorer
- VHFs (3): Garmin 300, Icom IC-M126, Standard Horizon Eclipse , ICOM VHF handheld
- Hailer (fore and aft)
- SSB: SEA225
- AIS: Garmin 600 Class B
- Raymarine ST060 Depth finder
- KVH TracPhone 252
- KVH TracNet 2
- SEA 857 loudhailer / intercom
- KVH Tracvision 4 Satellite Dish w/ 32
- HDTV?Dish Network integrated
- Davis Instruments Weather Station with anemometer, barometer, temp etc. integrated with Coastal Explorer.Entertainment
- KVH dish TV
- Local OTA antenna system
- Samsung 32" HD flat screen Smart TV in Salon
- Dish Receiver/DVR VIP 211k
- Samsung DVD, CD
- Yamaha Audio / video control receiver
- Speakers located throughout, in cockpit, and bridge
- Double Kahlenberg Horns 2015
- Cruisair 3 zone Reverse Cycle Air Conditioning w/SMXII controls
- Nautical Structures MC-800 electric dinghy davit ? newly powder coated 2014
- Zodiac P420 Deluxe RIB w/40HP Honda Outboard fully serviced 2015
- Lofrans Falkon anchor windlass
- Anchors (2): Bruce & Delta (88#), all chain rode (300 ft on both)
- Fresh and salt water washdowns on fore deck
- Perko remote control Spotlight
- Ships clock and barometer
- Life rafts (2): Avon 8-person in canister, Revere Coastal Commander 6-person
- Extensive spare inventory
- Exterior window trim repainted in 2012
- All sanitation hoses replaced with Trident hose 2014
- Whale macerator pump replaced 2015
- Replaced shower sump pumps with whale overboard pump 2015
- Bottom sodablasted, barrier coated, painted (10/2015)
- Headhunter fresh water pump replaced 2015
- All new captain?s blue Sunbrella canvas replaced 2015
- All new outdoor Sunbrella cushions replaced 2015
- Cap rail and name boards revarnished with Awlgrip Awlwood 2015
- Rubber trim added to swim platform 2014?8 black dock lines (4) long, (4) short replaced in 2015
- Fully detailed/waxed 2015
Exclusions Owners personal items, tools and artwork. Aft deck table & chairs, teak dining chairs.