2002 American Tug 34
** SOLD **
A TRUE 10! Nicest pre-owned AT-34 on the market today!
The American Tug 34 is a stout vessel that show excellent fit and finish inside and the profile outside one would expect from a “tug” trawler. TWO MAURO II is no exception and her constant care and upgrades prove it. The hull was re-painted with Awlgrip in 2012 with Fighting Lady Yellow and the topsides were repainted with Axelseal Oyster White in 2013. She certainly shows like a much newer vessel both inside and out. Original owner has all manuals, receipts, invoices etc. and maintains the boat like new.
The Cummins 370 hp diesel is an upgrade that pushes the AT-34 along quite nicely. At 8 knots the expected fuel burn is 3 gph while she will get up and perform a respectful 18 knots. Getting somewhere safe and efficiently is not a problem.
Built with teak cabinetry and trim along with teak veneers, carpeted interior with the exception of the head teak and holly sole, a single forward stateroom, large shower stall in the ensuite head, large pilot house with port and starboard doors, and a large salon with galley, the interior of the AT-34 is a perfect boat for the cruising couple.
Enter the cockpit through the transom door or over the side deck and down built-in boarding steps. The stainless steel dingy davit system is electric making dinghy operations a breeze! The cockpit is large with the bridge deck overhead for weather protection. Along the starboard side and forward is the propane locker with plenty of room for additional storage. The cockpit lazarette opens to reveal the steering mechanism and also offers plenty of storage capacity. The side decks are wide enough to move forward and American Tug has added wonderfully stout stainless steel grab rails on the deckhouse to make passage safer. Forward of the pilothouse, stainless rails provide protection for crew working on the foredeck. In the cockpit and along the port side is a stainless steel ladder that leads up to the upper bridge decks. The aft deck features stainless steel railings for safety and a white Sunbrella bimini, with green cover, for sun and weather protection while lounging on the top. Above the pilot house the deck offers plenty of storage for water toys such as a canoe or kayak. There is a hinged stainless steel radar arch on top of the false stack. Along the aft port side is a St. Croix stainless steel motor lift and outboard storage for ease of launching. Above the pilothouse doors and cabin windows are added marine gutters to eliminate any water entry into the interior. The exterior helm windows have Textalene beige covers and the windlass is protected by a green Sunbrella cover.
Step through the handsome AJR door and into the galley and salon. The galley is to the right, arrayed along the after bulkhead, the starboard side and the wall between the galley and the pilothouse. A corner sink is molded into the man-made stone countertop; the galley stove is in the center with a great exterior view to starboard. A refrigerator/freezer is in the back wall of the pilothouse. The long, L-shaped galley counter will accommodate both a cook and a helper (or two) when major meals are planned. Many larger boats aren’t that generous with galley space and it will please even the most discriminating onboard chef.
Just inside the doorway on the port side is a large locker fitted beneath the aft window which has been pre-plumbed for a washer/dryer as an option when purchased. The ”L” shaped settee covered in Ultra-leather is along the port side of the saloon. It hides an enormous amount of storage space and opens up as a double berth. The dinette table is high-low and can be used as a dinette table or a coffee table and has a folding leaf. Forward on the port side is a control panel for the generator and the high bilge alarm. Large windows offer excellent natural light and the forward and aft windows slide open for ventilation. The window shades offer pull two downs. One for some privacy and sun protection and the second shade pulls down for complete privacy.
Up a few steps you enter the large pilot house. The false stack on the upper deck opens above the steps to offer excellent headroom as needed to enter the pilothouse. High in the stack is a hatch that will open for ventilation and offers natural light to the steps. There are port and starboard pilot house doors and most windows will slide open, with screens, to give more than adequate ventilation. The helm and companion seats are double seats and helm seat will adjust fore and aft. Under the seats are storage drawers and foot rests. The large helm counter offers excellent chart room and there is a large hinged top “desk” for storing charts or accessories. The helm is located along the port side and the array of electronics is impressive while engine controls and gauges are within easy reach. The reverse pilot house windows offer individual wipers and the helm has excellent 360 degree visibility. The electrical panel is located in the pilothouse and is protected by an acrylic door. Engine room access is through two hatches in the pilot house. There are stainless steel ladders on both sides and complete access to the engine and engine room spaces. Well lighted with excellent access to all the engine room machinery and generator.
Along the port side is the companionway to the lower cabin. The companionway curves slightly inboard and offers a built-in bookcase to port and a storage locker at the bottom of the steps. Immediately to starboard is access into the head compartment. The head also offers a private entry through the lower stateroom. The head offers teak and holly sole and a solid surface countertop with molded sink. There is a Vacu-Flush head and the ensuite shower stall is large. Stainless steel hardware enhance the head. The lower stateroom features a center-line queen berth with storage drawers built in under the aft berth. There is a large cedar-lined hanging locker along the starboard side with shelf and cubby storage from the locker forward. Under the starboard bed step is a storage cabinet. Along the port side is a locker featuring shelves and the same storage shelve and cubby storage as found on the starboard side. Again, under the port bed step is a storage cabinet. Over the berth is an overhead hatch with the Ocean Air solid cover and screen system. Aft is private access into the head and the forward bulkhead features access into the anchor locker.
“TWO MAURO II” will not disappoint the discriminating buyer and I invite you to view this amazing and well cared for vessel easily seen in New Bern, NC.
Located along the starboard side of the main cabin, the galley is large and offers excellent storage and countertop spaces that will please even the most discriminating onboard chef.
- Solid surface countertops with molded sink, Delta single lever faucet with sprayer, soap dispenser and teak sink cover
- Princess propane 3 burner stove top with cutting board cover
- Nova Kool 8000 6.8 cubic foot, 12 volt top refrigerator and bottom freezer
- Sharp Carousel Grill 2 microwave and convection oven
- Trident propane solenoid
- Propane locker in cockpit with level gauge
- Multiple storage cabinets and (4) drawers
- 120 volt GFI protected electrical receptacles
- Stainless steel bow roller with 20 kg plow anchor and all chain rode and stainless swivel
- Secondary Fortress anchor with chain and rope rode, stored
- Lofrans Tigres electric windlass with foot and helm controls
- Anchor snubber and anchor rode marked for length
- Anchor wash down
- Stainless steel 316, 1.5 inch stanchions and rails
- Stainless steel deck hardware
- Stainless steel 316, 1.5 inch hand rails inside and along exterior for added safety
- Swim platform with transom door and port side folding stainless steel swim ladder
- Cockpit hot and cold water shower
- Stainless steel dinghy davits with 12 volt electric motor and remote
- Stainless steel St Croix outboard motor lift with motor mount and Easy Lift harness
- Magma stainless steel BBQ propane grill with rail mount
- Stainless steel ladder from cockpit to upper deck with synthetic treads
- Stainless steel hinged radar arch mounted on false stack
- White Sunbrella bimini for upper deck with green Sunbrella cover
- Stainless steel safety railings on upper deck
- Stainless steel tie-downs on upper helm deck for tying down kayaks or canoes
- (12) exterior Textalene window covers
- Stainless steel pennant and flag holders
- Bomar hatch with Ocean Air interior shade and screen for lower cabin
- Power coated aluminum framed windows and doors
- 2” fuel fills with pop up lids
- Deck box storage in cockpit houses propane tank but has additional room for storage
- Access hatch to cockpit lazarette
- Molded non-skid walking surfaces
- (8) stainless steel mooring cleats, through bolted
- Ritchie compass
- Raymarine RC530 chart plotter
- Raymarine RL70C radar with 24 mile radar dome mounted in stainless steel radar arch
- Raytheon ST-5000+ autopilot
- Raytheon ST-60 Tridata display
- ICOM IC-M502 VHF radio with DSC
- Weems indicator gauges for all tanks
- 12 volt DC and 120 volt AC power with circuit breaker distribution panel
- 120 volt source selector panel
- Additional 120 volt panel for air conditioning systems
- AC and DC volt and Amp meters
- (2) 30 Amp shore power connections with adapter and splitter
- Northern Lights 6 Kw diesel, fresh water cooled generator in sound shield with approximately 375 hours
- Northern Lights remote panel with start/stop and water temp, oil pressure and volt gauges
- Interior lighting is 12 volt and 120 volt
- Heavy duty marine batteries, (2) 8D house bank and isolated starting battery
- Battery emergency parallel switch
- True Charge 40 Amp battery charger
- Ocean Marine System reverse cycle air conditioning and heating with electronic controls, 2 separate systems and controls-salon and stateroom
- Inverter for television in salon
- Samsung 18” bulkhead mounted flat screen TV with remote in lower cabin
- RCA 22” bulkhead mounted flat screen TV in salon with remote
- Stainless steel dual trumpet horns
- (3) windshield wipers
- Seaward 11 gallon hot water heater with heat exchanger for engine heating
- 120 volt electric heaters for main cabins
- Rule high water alarm
- Jabsco remote controlled spotlight mounted on pilothouse roof
- Fusion MS-IP600 AM/FM/IPod stereo with remote Polk speakers
- Stainless steel dingy davits operated by 12 volt motor with cover and remote
- Fireboy Xintex CO2 detectors in each cabin
- (10) cabinets cabinet lights and automatic hanging locker lights
- (19) 12 volt courtesy lights throughout vessel
- Vacu-Flush head with upgraded quiet motor
Engine compartment is entered through two pilothouse hatches, each with stainless steel ladder. The compartment is large and offers excellent access to all machinery. American Tug credits the quietness of the machinery to hard work and good design. The floor throughout the boat is a vacuum-bagged sandwich of fiberglass fabric and a couple of inches of Nida-Core® plastic honeycomb backed by about 2 inches of foam-and-vinyl insulation.
- Cummins Diesel 370 hp, 5.7L fresh water cooled engine with *900 hours
- Underwater exhaust system for engine and generator
- Cummins engine gauges at helm with VDO RPM, water temp, oil pressure, and volts
- Fuel manifold and management system with site gauge on tank
- Dual Racor 900 primary fuel filters with vacuum gauge
- Reverso oil exchanging system for engine, transmission and generator
- Bronze 4 blade propeller
- Teleflex stainless steel throttle and transmission controls
- Stainless steel shaft dripless shaft seal
- Teleflex hydraulic steering system
- Wood and stainless steel steering wheel
- Fireboy engine compartment fire suppression system
- 120 volt engine block heater
- Side Power 6 hp bow thruster with dual high thrust props and joystick control
- Side Power bow thruster remote control
- Engine and generator spare part kits
- Engine compartment ventilation
A beautiful and well cared for American Tug 34 that shows pride of ownership. The seller’s change of plans dictates the sale. DO NOT MISS this one!
Dinghy and outboard do not convey.
Financing, insurance and delivery information available through listing broker.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.