2006 Nordic Tugs 32
** SOLD **
The most popular boat of her type ever built, the Nordic Tug 32 is a full-keeled, semi-displacement cruiser whose classic tug boat profile and quality construction have endeared her to yachting enthusiasts for many years. Indeed, with her plumb bow, rounded stern, and false smokestack, the 32 is an unquestionably eye catching design. This particular 32 was built as a factory prototype for several possible changes to the later 32s. One of the features is the larger forward cabin with two V-berths which measure 94” long and the upgraded Cummins QSB Electronic engine changed from the standard 220 hp to a larger 305 hp. The interior features a large salon with the galley along the port side, teak paneling and beautiful carpeting. The salon settee does convert into a double berth for additional guests.
SARAYU was lift kept for many years in Chesapeake Bay and now is located in New Bern, NC. The hull is painted “Brick Red” with an Awl-Grip clear coat for long lasting shine.
A classic Nordic Tug with unmatched character and flawless finished joinery. The interior of “SARAYU” features neutral sand colored Ultra-Leather fabrics, matching carpeting, and day/night blinds for added natural light and privacy. The large windows allow natural light and ventilation through those that slide open.
As you enter from the cockpit there is a cockpit storage locker forward along the port side that features a propane tank and storage. The ladder to the cabin top is stainless steel and leads to the top with high stainless steel stanchions for added safety. There is a stainless steel outboard motor and dingy mounts on the swim platform and a folding swim ladder.
Entry into the main cabin is through a starboard side cockpit door. Down a few teak steps you enter the main cabin. To starboard is a hanging locker with a storage shelf above. Along the starboard side is the “L” shaped settee which converts into a double berth with two storage cabinets under the berth. Forward is a cabinet over the settee. The table is a high/low table. To port is the large “L” shaped galley area. Aft there is a large countertop with storage cabinets underneath. In the corner is a corner cabinet above the counter and the galley area is large with plenty of countertop space, storage cabinets and drawers. Forward is a bulkhead with an additional storage cabinet. Up a few carpeted steps the electric panels are on each side with the 12 volt to starboard and the 120 volt to port. Up the steps you enter the pilot house. The port side features a double companion seat with a folding foot rest and a sliding door with the step having additional storage. To starboard are the double helm seat with folding foot rest and a sliding door with additional storage under the step. The helm seat is adjustable for the helmsman. The helm is located along the port side and features excellent visibility and easy access to all controls.
Down a few carpeted steps and to port are a storage cabinet and the Tank Watch monitoring station. Across is access into the head with a separate shower stall, teak and holy flooring, Vacu-Flush head and Corian countertop with molded sink. The V-Berth is large and was reconfigured by Nordic Tug. Each side measures 96 inches and there is a filler cushion as well. There are outboard shelves and several cabinets and an open storage area under the port berth. Along the port side is a hanging locker
- Danforth Global Balance compass
- Raymarine ST-60+ rudder indicator
- Raymarine Smart Pilot autopilot with Smart Hand held remote controller
- Raymarine E120 color chartplotter/radar
- Raymarine High Definition radar dome, 2 kW, 24 mile
- Raymarine Ray 215 VHF radio
- Airmar weather station
- Airmac Sonic Speed
Located in the main cabin along the port side, the galley is large and offers exceptional counter top and storage space surely to please even the most discriminating chef.
- Single stainless steel sink with faucet and sprayer and soap dispenser
- Countertops with fiddles
- Force 10 stainless steel propane oven with two burners
- Nova Kool dual voltage under counter refrigerator/freezer
- King 110 volt electric heater under the stove for heating entire main cabin
- Multiple cabinets and drawers for storage
- Wide side windows for natural light and ventilation
- Brick Red hull paint with AWL-Grip clear coat for protection
- Lofrans windlass with foot and helm controls
- Rocna 15 kg plow anchor with 100’ chain and 100’ rope rode
- Stainless steel double anchor roller
- Raw water wash down at bow
- Fresh water wash down in cockpit
- Stainless steel stanchions and deck hardware
- Large cockpit with transom gate and lazarette storage/access
- Swim platform with folding swim ladder
- Storage locker in cockpit with stainless steel ladder to cabin top
- Cabin top with stainless steel stanchions for safety
- Port and Starboard sliding pilot house doors
- Cadet Gray Sunbrella window coverings
- Propane locker with solenoid switch
- Transom shower with hot and cold water
- Sea Wise stainless steel outboard motor bracket on transom
- Stainless steel dingy davit/attachments on transom
- 12 Volt DC and 120 AC power with separate distribution panels
- (2) 30 Amp shore power cords with adapters
- Onan 5 Kw generator w/40 Hours
- Marine Air reverse cycle air conditioning with electronic controls (16 and 12k BTU)
- Xantrex Battery Monitor at helm
- (4) 6 volt golf cart batteries in battery boxes
- Side Power bow thruster
- separate battery for bow thruster
- Windshield wipers
- Dual trumpet horn
- Sony AM/FM/CD/MP3 player with remote speakers and Sirius radio
- Sirius Satellite weather receiver
- WIFI extended range antenna
The engine room is accessible through two hatches in the pilot house floor. The engine was upgraded to a Cummins 305 hp QSM engine by Nordic Tug as a comparison to the standard engines and a possible upgrade for future models.
- Cummins QSB, electronic 305 hp diesel engine, fresh water cooled, 280 hours
- Cummins engine has Tier II compliance
- Full engine instrumentation at helm
- Transmission is a ZF 280-1 electric engine and transmission control
- Fireboy automatic fire suppression system in engine room
Honda 20 hp 4 stroke outboard and BullFrog aluminum and rigid dinghy not included in sale.
A welled cared for and low hour Nordic Tug 32 with several modifications made by Nordic Tug as a preliminary trial for future vessels. “SARAYU” has been well cared for and only the owner’s change of plans dictates the sale. Easy to see and show.
Delivery, Insurance and Financing information available through listing broker
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.