- 40 (ft.)
- Bridge Clearance
- Hull Material
- Fuel Type
- Engine Model
- Number of Engines
- Engine Hours
Proven Ready-to-Go Bluewater Cruiser
Always Professionally Maintained By Her One and Only Owner
A HUGE REDUCTION Makes Her an INCREDIBLE VALUE!!
Mal de Mer is hull #99 of the very popular Island Packet 40 model. She has been hauled every year during the off-season and professionally maintained. She has been cruised extensively in the Bahamas and Caribbean. Her one and only owners have sadly decided they must sell her. She is very well equipped for the cruising life style including: In Mast Furling Mainsail, Solar Panels, Wind Generator, Watermaker, Dinghy & Outboard, Chartplotter and Full Array of Electronics, NEW 2011 Dodger, and NEW 2010 Lifelines. All manuals on board & maintenance records available. NEW 2012 Exterior Teak Refinished!
- Mal de Mer has 2 staterooms and 2 heads which provide comfortable accommodations for 4 people or 7 including convertible berth in salon and salon settee. In the vee of the boat is the forward head with shower (drain to auto sump) teak shower seat w/curtain, large vanity w/polished stainless steel sink, unbreakable mirror, storage cabinets, and recessed lighting. The roomy and comfortable owner's suite is next. It has a queen sized pullman berth, excellent ventilation and ample storage with bins and drawers underneath the berth,(6) cedar lined bureau drawers, and a cedar-lined hanging locker to port. The spacious main salon has a bulkhead mounted fold-up dining table that expands a second time to provide salon wide dining. An L-shaped settee which pulls out to make a double berth is to starboard and a settee and another cedar-lined hanging locker to port. Large stowage areas behind and under each settee. Bernina sewing machine in storage cabinet. The stock navigation desk and instrument panel is separated from the galley by a custom unit for more instruments and galley shelves. There is a chart stowage drawer beneath the salon settee. The large galley has an all Stainless Steel gimballed 3-burner propane stove with oven with pot and pan storage underneath, double s/s sinks with hot/cold pressure water and a manual water pump, refrigerator/freezer, microwave oven, roll away trash bin, and ample storage in the form of cubbies, cabinets, and cutlery drawers. The aft cabin features an extra large berth , storage bins, drawers and cedar-lined hanging locker. The aft head is accessible from both the salon and aft cabin and features a drop down teak shower seat and curtain, vanity w/stainless steel sink, and full length unbreakable mirror. The engine is under the companionway and is easily accessible from all four sides. The cockpit is large and comfortable with cockpit seats that are easily long enough for lounging or sleeping. It has lots of storage including a cockpit ice box and large lazarette. (13) Opening Ports (7) Deck Hatches (4) Deck Dorade Vents Large forepeak w/louvered access door to anchor and chain locker Courtesy/Night Lights by Companionway Storage rack for companionway boards Molded slip resistant cabin sole in entry, galley, and heads Teak & Holly sole throughout Sewing Machine
- Equator S/S 3-Burner Propane Stove/Oven Propane tanks (2) stored in vented locker Remotely operated solenoid & pressure gauge to check for leaks Xintex Gas Detector with 2 sensors (New 2011) Refrigerator & Freezer Separate DC Aircooled Technautics Refrigeration Compressors Adler Barber Controllers for Refrigeration and Freezer Double S/S Sinks Hot/Cold Pressure Water Manual Pump at Sink High Pressure Laminate Counters w/sea rails on all edges Roll away trash bin Teak dish racks Cutlery Drawers Abundant Storage Dishes, Pots & Pans, Silverware
- Rigging in good order (standing rigging inspected 2009) Sails inspected annually - in good shape In-Mast Sobstad Furling Main 130% Sobstad Roller Furling Genoa Sobstad Roller Furling Staysail Rigid Boom Vang Dutchman Boom Brake Lines led thru stoppers to cockpit Mast Steps (23) All Lewmar winches professionally serviced. Lewmar 48 CST 2-speed Genoa Sheet Winches (2) on cabin top Lewmar 30 CST 2-speed Main furler & outhaul on cabin top Lewmar 30 CST 2-speed Main Sheet & Spare Halyard on Cabin Top Lewmar 24C 2-speed Halyard Winches (2) on Mast Lewmar 8C Staysail Halyard Winch on Mast Lewmar 8C Staysail Sheet Winch on Cabin Top
- Ground Tackle
- Lofrans 1200 Watt Tigres Electric Windlass with Controls at bow and Helm (New 2005) Primary Anchor: 55lb. SL Delta with 250' of 10 mml. chain rode Secondary Anchor: 44lb. SL Bruce with 190' of 5/8" 3 strand nylon & 12' HT 5/16" chain Tertiary Anchor: 14lb. West Marine PER F-12 with 250' 5/8" 3 strand nylon Anchor wash pump, through hull and coiled hose
- Yanmar 4JH2E 50HP Engine Gear Box: Kanzaki 2.63 ratio Starter motor & switch (New 2008) Whitlock Mechanical Steering Shaft: S/S w/dripless shaft seal Propeller: 3-Blade Bronze Rudder mounted on aft edge of skeg Emergency S/S Tiller Racor Primary Fuel Filter 90 Gallon Fuel Tank 170 Gallon Aluminum Water Tank Village Marine LWM-150 Watermaker Fresh water pressure pump (New 2010) Automatic (New 2010) & Manual Bilge Pumps Shower sump pump (New 2011) Icebox drain pump Manual Heads (2) w/Holding Tank Hella 12V Ventilation Fans (5) Many Tools and Spare Parts
- Breakers protect all 12 volt and 120 volt circuits. GFCI protected. 120 Volt outlets in galley and heads. Guest Galvanic Isolator House Batteries - 9 Group 30 AGM Engine Start - 1 AGM Battery selection switch (New 2011) Inverter/Charger: 120Volt 100amp Xantrex Freedom Marine 20 Xantrex Link 2000 Monitor Controller (New 2011) Alternator: High Output (180/200amp hour at 14volt) Xantrex Alternator Regulator (New 2011) Solar Panels: 2 120 Watt and 2 75 Watt with Flexcharge Controller Heart Echo-Charger to ensure starter battery fully charged Wind Generator: Air Breeze by Southwest Marine ( New 2008 )
- Simrad HDL 2000 MK2 L Autopilot (New 2006) controlled by a Simrad AP-22 (new 2009) Simrad J300X Junction Unit Robertson RF300 rudder feedback Simrad RFC 35 fluxgate compass Radar ready - mast and wiring in place Standard Horizon GX1500S Fixed VHF - (New 2010) Standard Horizon RAM 3 VHF Remote Mic - (New 2010) Icom IC-M1 Portable VHF SG-200 HF-SSB telephone/radio with power talk remote head & SG-230 Smart Tuner SSB backstay aerial SSB Pactor II Pro Modem Garmin Map 162 GPS Speedtech Digital Sailing Barometer Instruments: Simrad Robertson IS15 wind Raymarine TriData, depth & speed (New 2011) Navigation Computer: Samsung N310 (New 2009) Chart Plotter: Standard Horizon CP180 in cockpit ( New 2010 ) Stereo/DVD Player: Pioneer DEH-1900MP VHF/Stereo, Shakespeare antenna splitter VHF masthead antenna (New 2009)
- Exterior Teak Refinished 2012 All Bronze Seacocks and Thru-Hull Caribe Light MVP L8 Dinghy (New 2005) Tohatsu 2-stroke 9.8HP Outboard (New 2006) Dinghy Davits Bimini Arch for Solar Panels Bimini & Dodger (Dodger New 2011) S/S Vinyl Covered Lifelines (New 2010) Canvas Covers for winches, hatches, pedestal, solar panels, & windlass Cockpit Cushions Cockpit Table BBQ Grill Tops-in-Quality side swim ladder (New 2005) Cockpit Shower Type II Lifejackets (3) Mustang CO2 Jackets w/Harness (2) Throwable Rescue Collar Type IV Lifesling (New 2011) Life Ring Fire Extinguishers (2) (New 2011) Flares Navigation Lights
- Owners personal items not listed here are not a part of the sale. Whiteaker Yacht Sales offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
- Listed by a Certified Professional Yacht Broker - CPYB. - firstname.lastname@example.org We gladly cooperate with all Florida Licensed brokers on a 50/50 basis. Brokers not licensed in Florida contact us for further details. Click for more information