- 38 (ft.)
- Bridge Clearance
- Hull Material
- Fuel Type
- Engine Model
- Number of Engines
- Engine Hours
If you have a cruising dream...
Now is the perfect time and Lucidity could be the perfect boat!
Many Upgrades - Mechanically Well Maintained!
ANOTHER BIG PRICE REDUCTION - OWN AN ISLAND PACKET 38 FOR AN INCREDIBLY LOW PRICE!
The Island Packet 38 is a great cruising boat and one of the best values on the market. It's a LOT OF BOAT FOR THE MONEY and Lucidity is a nice example of the very popular model. This vessel has a proven ocean going history and is ready now to take you on your cruising adventure. She is powered with a 2002 56HP Yanmar and her current owner has completed many upgrades and has always been serious about mechanical maintenance although she does need cosmetic work. Have a look at the full specifications and see for yourself. If you ever dreamed of sailing the Caribbean and all ports beyond, Lucidity just may be the boat you've been waiting for.
- The interior of the Island Packet 38 features a comfortable tri-cabin layout with large forward and aft staterooms. spacious central salon, and the luxury of TWO heads. Beginning forward is an ANCHOR LOCKER in the bow accessed through the forward head. The FORWARD HEAD compartment has a sink with vanity, bulkhead mounted shower with large teak seat, wrap-around curtain, storage cabinets, "His & Hers" medicine cabinets, large mirror, marine toilet, two opening ports and an opening hatch. Next aft is the spacious MASTER STATEROOM with large pullman-style double berth offset to starboard, three spacious storage compartments under the berth along with six cedar lined drawers, large cedar-lined hanging locker and cabinets to port. This stateroom is well ventilated with four opening ports and an overhead hatch. Next aft is the inviting MAIN SALON which spans the beam of the yacht imparting a spacious feeling while also allowing for generous storage spaces. Island Packet's signature bulkhead mounted fold-up dining table retracts to allow for an unobstructed socializing area. When the table is lowered, a built-in liquor/wine cabinet and glass storage rack is revealed. The table folds open athwart ship for additional dining area if needed. To starboard is an L-shaped settee that converts to a double berth. There is also a slide-out chart storage drawer under the starboard settee. To port is a straight settee. There are cabinets and book racks outboard and an incredible amount of storage beneath and behind both settees. Just forward of the galley on the starboard side is the aft facing NAVIGATION STATION with full size, hinged nav table with storage compartment underneath. Adjacent are the ship's AC & DC electrical panels and electronics. Across from the nav station is the centrally located AFT HEAD with sink, vanity, shower with wrap-around curtain, full length mirror and marine toilet. The shower is bulkhead mounted and has a removable teak seat. This head has a private entrance from the aft cabin as well as the main salon. To starboard of the companionway is the large U-shaped GALLEY with deep double sinks, gimballed 2-burner LPG stove with oven, refrigerator/freezer, deluxe teak dish racks and cutlery drawers. There are abundant storage compartments, a hideaway trash bin, and plenty of counter space. To port of the companionway is the entrance to the spacious AFT STATEROOM with queen size double berth, dressing seat, bureau with three compartments and cedar-lined hanging locker. There are multiple storage compartments under the berth. There are two opening ports and an opening hatch. New High Quality Custom Latex Mattresses New Companionway Hatch Slides New Portlight Gaskets Carpeting in salon Custom Removable Back Rest at the Nav Desk Ventilation Fans Interior Red LED Lights added Added custom shelves in aft and forward lockers Installed stronger padlock/latch system on companionway Custom door in aft cabin for access to fishing gear New glass and hinges in two main hatches (3) Companionway Doors: One Clear (good when running A/C), One Screened, and One Powder Coated Security Gate for locking securely while still allowing for air flow (see photo).
- The large wraparound galley features an abundance of storage in multiple lockers, drawers, cabinets and counter space. Recent improvements to the refrigeration system: added 4" insulation, relined, added external thermometer, and a small fan along with an exhaust duct and locker fan to cool the condenser. Added refrigerator indicator light and temperature monitor in galley and rewired fridge with bigger relays and wiring. New refrigerator lid, one piece, insulated, teak and holly with gold compass rose inlay. Much improved performance! Adler Barbour 12V Refrigeration (see above improvements) New 3- Burner Propane Stove with Two Tanks New Propane Tank System, Solenoid, Tanks, and Hoses Propane Sniffer and Smoke Alarm Water Heater Pressure & Manual Water System Water Filter Overhead Hatch Teak Towel Holder Deep Double Sinks Cutting Board Stove Top 4) Hullside Sliding Door Lockers Shelf Surround Built-in Dish Rack 2) Cutlery Drawers Under Stove Storage Cabinetry under Sink Bulkhead & Cubbie Storage
- New Edson Pedestal New B&G Wind New B&G Depth & Speed New B&G Hydraulic Autopilot Standard Horizon VHF Radio ICOM 718 Single Side Band w/Autotune Antenna Tuner Globalstar Satellite Phone Lowrance GPS at helm tied to Autopilot Davis Radar Reflector New Ritchie Compass Barometer 12Volt Computer w/GPS Antenna & WiFi Antenna New "The Capn" navigation software & charts (tied to external GPS) 19" Flat Screen TV Sony Stereo with USB and MP3 Dual Stereo Speakers Extensive library of charts, chartbooks, and cruising guides
- New Battery Compartment has been built. Added electrically separate sealed gel start battery and installed a battery combiner, installed emergency switch to allow house bank to start engine if needed, installed Link to monitor electrical system. All pumps on the boat have been replaced. Built stiffener for steering quadrant, replaced brake pads on steering wheel lock. The boat was re-powered in 2002 with a 56HP Yanmar with approximately 1075 hours. At the same time the exhaust, prop, shaft, motor mounts, and packing gland were replaced. The additional horsepower almost qualifies her as a motorsailer. In flat water she runs hull speed and burns .6 gallons per hour or 11 miles per gallon. The fuel tank was cleaned in May 2010. Owner has always given great attention to maintenance. 2002 56HP Yanmar (recently reinsulated the engine compartment) New Battery Compartment (4 - 2008 Exide Batteries) New Xantrex Battery Charger/Inverter New Control Panel New Link 10 Battery Monitor Two 124 Watt Sharp Solar Panels Blue Sky Solar Regulator Additional 12Volt Outlet added in cockpit 30amp Power Cables with splitter Racor Fuel Filters New Electric Oil Change Pump New Engine Temp Gauge New Marine Air 12,000 BTU Air Conditioning New Holding Tank and Hoses New Wilcox Electric Head and Jabsco Manual Head New Macerator Electric and manual bilge pumps Electric sump pumps for refrigerator box and shower drains New fuel and water tank level senders and gauges Installed electric fuel pump for bleeding filters New engine room ventilation fan Charcoal filter and accumulator tank added to freshwater system New Water Heater
- Exterior teak is natural - currently no finish. New Bimini and Dodger with solar panel mounts on top New Lifelines Aft Lifelines in cockpit area replaced with Stainless Rails for better security Side Curtains, Rain Curtains, and Lifeline Skirts for Bimini Canvas Covers for hatches, windlass, and grill Low Draw 12V Dodger Lights Caribe 10' Dinghy Evinrude 8HP Outboard (low hours) Outboard Motor Mount Garhauer Motor Lift Dinghy Davits New Edson Pedestal New Cockpit Cushions BBQ Grill with cover New Teak Cockpit Table External Stereo Speakers Electric Simpson Lawrence Windlass 70# Delta - 300' chain 55# Bruce - 150' chain / 150' rode Chain Locker and chain stoppers Custom Line Hangers in Cockpit Added shelving in Lazarettes Cockpit Shower New Wider Treads on Swim Ladder Fenders and Lines Flag Halyard Fishing Gear (little use) Added Flood Docking Lighting Over-sized Navigation Lighting Hand Held Search Light with locking power cord Deck and Aft Spotlights LED Anchor Light Ratlines on starboard shrouds
- Sails & Rigging
- Lucidity is a Centerboard Model but the board was missing when the current owner purchased the boat. The draft at present with no centerboard is 4 feet. The draft when centerboard is present is 7'7". Cutter Rig (Main, Genoa, and Staysail) Main is New Lazyjacks Reconditioned sails w/new sunguards Harken Roller Furling Genoa and Staysail Standing rigging professionally tuned in 2010 New Running Rigging Garhauer Rigid Boom Vang New Topping Lift Adjustable Traveler Conversion All chain plates recently resealed
- Loaded with spares: bilge pumps, bottom paint, oil, fuel and oil filters, hatch rebuild kit, and miscellaneous parts Please note although this is a centerboard model there is no centerboard available. Bosuns Chair NEW MastMate Fuel Jugs on rail Wind scoop Multiple Fire Extinguishers CO2 and Propane Fume Detectors Variety of Life Jackets High Water Alarm added
- Broker Comments
- Mechanically she is in good condition. The owner has been very serious about maintenance on all systems and equipment. However she does need cosmetic work to bring her back to her best. Underneath it all she is an Island Packet 38 and has a lot of potential.
- Personal items not listed here are not included in the sale. The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
- Offered to all brokers with a 50/50 Commission Split. Brokers outside Florida should contact us for full details. List by a Certified Professional Yacht Broker - CPYB. Click here for more info