"Vicki Jean" The Bayfield 40 is a classic beauty with graceful lines from it’s clipper bow to it’s attractive transom. She is another successful, Ted Gozzard design, with rugged, solid construction and the most versatile sail plan available anywhere; she can handle a large variety of conditions and carry Captain and crew safely with her full keel design. She has crossed the Atlantic and her shallow draft is ideal for all waters, including the Chesapeake, Florida Keys or the Bahamas. New Bottom paint in 2011
HUGE $20,000 Reduction.. Don't Miss This Opportunity!
- Yacht History and Overview
- The Bayfield 40 is a classic beauty with graceful lines from it’s clipper bow to it’s attractive transom. She is another successful, Ted Gozzard design with rugged solid construction and the most versatile sail plan available anywhere. She can handle a large variety of conditions. This particular vessel is a three-owner boat, which spent the first 11 summers on Lake Erie and was stored on ‘the hard’ in winter. Due to an illness in the family she was placed in dry storage in a secure metal building, 20 miles inland, for the next 6 years. In 2003 she was purchased by her second owner and brought to Florida. Her current owners took custody of her in 2008 and have cared for her since. When transferred to the UK, they did not want to part with her so they sailed her to Ireland. When they returned to the States, she was shipped back to Florida and re-commissioned, where she waits for you. New Bottom paint in 2011 .
- CABINS - Sleeps 6 - Heading forward down the companionway the sleeping cabins are immediately to the left and right with teak doors for privacy that slide out of the way when open. Each cabin is equal in size, each with a double bed, electric fans, reading lights, your own opening port with screen, three drawers, a lighted hanging locker and room to dress in privacy. The only difference in the starboard cabin is there is an attractive teak shelf with turned fiddles and a cabinet for more storage. In the port cabin these shelves have been removed for more sleeping room. Both cabins have pocket panels forward that can be lifted for privacy or kept lowered for more openness. SALON - On the starboard side going forward is the extremely large settee (8.5'long) with storage under. This also makes into yet another double bed with a provided insert. There is a small fiddled pedestal table in the center (also with storage and a drawer inside) that can be used as a cocktail table or dinner for two with one leaf opened. Ingeniously with all the leaves open it will seat six. Behind the table is attractive nook shelving and doors that open up to a rack for wine or liquor bar. PANTRY - Still on the starboard side, forward of the settee is a pantry with vented teak doors with shelving inside for lots of provisions. On top is another fiddled shelf with room for fruit basket and an attractive crystal shaded lamp. NAV STATION - On the port side aft is the comfortable and practical nav station with pedestal mounted swiveled easy chair (like brand new from the factory). The table top slides in for more space or out to accommodate full size charts. Here also are shelves and drawers for storage. Both the AC and DC electrical panels are at the chart table. HEAD - Forward of the salon is a teak louvered door that leads into one of the most attractive and practical yacht heads you will find. There is a mirror at counter top level that swivels to accommodate people of different heights.There is a Jabsco hand pump toilet (NEW in 2004, rebuilt in 2006), a sit down shower on the port side with removable teak flooring grate that drains into a dedicated shower sump with overboard pump (NEW in 2004).
- Top Loading Adler Barbour refrigeration (NEW in 2004) Gimbaled two burner propane stove & oven SS sink w/ nautical brass hot & cold water faucets Brass manual sea water pump Spice cabinet Brass gimbaled Weems & Plath flower vase
- All NEW electrical battery banks 800 AH AGM house bank New Xantrex battery charger Kiss wind generator Multi-bank battery meter Shore power receptacle conveniently located both fore and aft
- Garmin GPS MAP 182C color chart plotting receiver with Florida charts, interfaced to Raymarine gear. (NEW in 2004) Garmin 4200 color GPS Chartplotter w/ HD radar (US, Ireland and UK chips) Raymarine BiData depth finder (NEW in 2004) Raymarine BiData boat speed & temp (paddle wheel, NEW in 2004) Raymarine BiData wind direction and speed (NEW 2004) Raymarine ST6000 electric autopilot Monitor windvane Raymarine ST60 Multi Instrument Display - integrated multi-display interfaced to all electronics at chart table (NEW in 2004). Shows position latitude/longtitude, wind speed/direction, water speed/temp, battery/power condition, highs, lows, etc AutoHelm 6000, below deck steering Cabled remote control for Autohelm Standard Horizon Itrepid 25 Watt VHF tranceiver (NEW 2003) Standard Horizon RAM MIC VHF remote from main tranceiver at cockpit helm (NEW 2003) SSB w/ modem EPIRB TV and radio antenna (NEW 2003) on mizzen mast head w/ coax cable to cabin receivers Kenwood marine stereo radio / CD player (NEW 2003) Kenwood integrated wired remote control panel at cockpit helm (NEW 2003) Bose 131 marine speaker systems (NEW 2004), dual full range stereo speakers in cockpit
- Westerbeke 53 HP diesel engine aprrox 1,100 hrs Racor fuel filter 16,000 BTU reverse cycle heat and air NEW 2011 macerator NEW 2011 Fire suppression system NEW 2010 Engine Panel Katadyn 1.5 gph watermaker 3 Blade fixed prop
- Deck & Cockpit
- 44 lb. Bruce, 120 ft. of 5/16 inch high tensile chain, 200' nylon rode (ALL NEW 2003) 45 lb. CQR, 20 ft. of 3/8 inch chain, 120' rode New 2011 Bottom Paint Both anchors on Stainless Steel roller platforms (one NEW 2003) Lewmar H2 Gypsy/Drum for both chain & rope, heavy duty gear will pull up to 1,433 lb (NEW in 2004) Remote up & down anchoring windlass control both at bow and at helm High capacity 2/0 gauge cable power supply from main bank to bow Plus, dedicated anchoring battery at bow Canvas Package All New and custom fitted in 2004 by Lippincott Marine Canvas Attractive, serviceable and practical Sunbrella covered hard top dodger, with integrated overhead cockpit lights (both white reading lights and red night vision). Dodger isinglass opening windshield - all SS sturdy supports (no straps) and side curtains Full Sunbrella stand alone bimini (no straps) Sunbrella connector between bimini and dodger (for full coverage in inclement weather) Four isinglass side curtains (roll up or removable) for full enclosure Cockpit seating with closed cell cushions covered with highest quality white wicking acrylic and blue Sunbrella piping Freshwater pressure sprayer at bow for anchor washdown and cleaning Large Stainless steel pedestal mounted steering wheel Pedestal mounted shift and throttle All engine controls are handy to the helmsman on port cockpit side, including VHF RAM MIC, Autohelm controls, engine meters, fuel gauge and stereo controls NEW 2008 lifelines Secure SS stanchions Bronze through hulls throughout Non-skid deck surface SS swim ladder Lots of handholds on deck Liferaft (needs certification) Wooden sailing dinghy available
- Sails & Rigging
- Main, fully battened with 2 reef points Staysail Yankee (with strip for roller furling added 2004) Mizzen, battened and reefable 140% genoa (with strip for roller furling added 2004) Harken MKIII Jib Reefing & Furling System (NEW, 2004) All sails are in excellent shape and show little wear as they have been lightly used All but genoa are original to the boat - genoa purchased used in 2003 New Stack Pack in 2008 (mizzen) Lazy Jacks in 2008 (Main) 2 stainless steel Lewmar #40 primary self tending winches at cockpit (NEW in 2003) 2 stainless steel Lewmar #30 secondary self tending winches at cockpit (NEW in 2003) 3 winches on mast 2 winches on mizzen Extendable Spinnaker Pole mounted on mast, with Keel stepped mast (mast step replaced in 2003) All sheets and halyards lead to cockpit 3 more winches for sheets and halyards
- Owners personal items not listed here are not a part of this sale. The company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of this vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyers desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
- Contact Mike at email@example.com Available for co-brokerage on a 50/50 basis. Brokers outside of Florida contact for details. Click for more info