- 38 (ft.)
- Hull Material
- Fuel Type
- Engine Model
- 3GM30 FWC
- Number of Engines
- Engine Hours
Three Words.. PRIDE OF OWNERSHIP!
JUST REDUCED - DONT MISS THIS OPPORTUNITY!
New Bottom paint June 2014!
“The Alajuela 38 is a boat of comforting, reassuring beauty, designed following the lines of William Atkin’s Ingrid and built with almost paranoidal pride by Betty and Don Chapman of Alajuela Yachts in Huntington Beach, California….They puttered and fidgeted, making their own bronze castings for gudgeon's and pintles and portlights-that don’t store even one drop of water-into pieces that would make a jeweler proud….The sheer is perky, lively and graceful and one ot the prettiest around with very moderate freeboard dimensions….The long bowsprit perfectly following the sheer line helps to draw out and gacify the lines (as if they need it) and enable the Alajuela to carry 880 square feet of working sail…which gives her a sail-area-to-displacement ratio of 15.7” These are a few words from Ferenc Mate in his book Best Boats to Build or Buy. No one says it so well; as the book goes on to describe one of the better-built cruising boats ever built. I had the joy of sailing one of these beauties, several years ago while on a sea trial with another couple that were looking for their dream boat. I recall the smiles we all had, that day. Last weekend (1.12.12) we had the pleasure of sailing her in the Good Old Boat Regatta, in St. Petersburg, In light air of 5 knts, we were in the middle of the pack doing 3.5 knts of boat speed. Later, when the wind increased to 22 knts we were sailing 7.3 knts, into the wind and loving it.
- Yacht History
- The original owner lived in Long Island, NY. He re-powered the vessel in 1998 with a new Yanmar. He sailed her down to Venezuela and back to the States, were he sold her, in Florida, to the current owner, in 2002. He has given her lots of TLC and many upgrades, and has sailed her to Isla Mujeres, Mexico, single handed and back to Florida, among other trips. Now it's your turn New Bottom paint June 2014
- Starting forward is a twin door access to the chain locker. The stowage space on this vessel is unbelievable! The V-berth is spacious, well ventilated, light and airy due to a large overhead hatch, which is large enough to pass sails through. There are storage lockers and several drawers beneath this berth. To starboard, is a storage locker above, and three drawers below. To port is a nice size settee for reading or dressing with storage behind and a unique chart storage feature overhead.. A louvered teak door provides cabin privacy. Next, to starboard, is the head. It features a teak privacy door, marine toilet, wash basin. To port is a custom separate shower. Continuing aft is the main salon. It features a teak, wall mounted, double drop leaf table and straight settees to port and starboard. Both settees double as a comfortable pilot berth with lee cloths. These settees provide generous storage below as well as three lockers behind the backrests. Outboard of both settees are spacious bookshelves. Next aft to starboard is the U shaped galley. It features a center line mounted, deep stainless steel sink, ample counter tops, a Gimballed stove and cabinets outboard with utensil drawer and locker aft. To port is the nav station with over sized chart table, well-insulated top-loading ice box with refrigeration, AC & DC electrical panel, fuel gauge, GPS, EPIRB. Auto pilot and VHF radio are mounted just inside the companion way to keep them out of the weather but yet, easy to access. Moving aft, under the ladder, is a large, well-designed engine access. The vessel is exceptionally clean with all systems functioning properly. Chart Storage space Beautiful use of teak throughout Formica tops TV/VCR Hot & Cold pressure water Sleeps 4 Sigmar 100 balanced draft LPG heater Removable teak companionway ladder with engine access behind Large, custom opening skylight 8 opening ports
- U shaped Galley is at the foot of the companionway for easy access while underway. There is ample storage and counter space. There are two 35 gal stainless steel water tanks under the cabin sole, and an additional 30 gal Vetus Bladder to make 100 gal of water. Shipmate LPG 2 burner propane stove (20# tank in aft cockpit) Seafrost 12V Air cooled Refrigerator /Freezer w/ extra insulation Large white galley sink Water Heater (NEW 2010)
- Signet MK 30 wind speed Signet MK 24 wind direction Garmin 100 Blue Fish finder Depth Furuno 1715 24 mile radar Furuno Nav Pilot Danforth Compass Furuno FM 3000 VHF Furuno GP-32 WAAS GPS Toshiba TV/DVD AM/FM/MP Stereo system w/ (2) Speakers in main salon Vessel is Pre-wired for SSB/HAM installation with insulated backstay and Grounding Plane
- 12v DC and 110 v AC systems Freedom Heart 1500w Inverter Xantrex Link 20R panel 30 amp shore power (2) 4D AGM batteries
- Sig Marine propane heater
- Topsides and Deck were Awlgripped in 2011. New Bottom paint June 2014 Muir Cheetah Electric Windlass with remote control 45 lb genuine CQR w 300' 5/16" HT chain (2) FX 37 Fortress w 100' 5?16" HT chain and 200' 5/8" braided rode New lifelines in 2011 New Forward Lewmar Ocean Series Hatch 4 Panama Canal Cleets 2 midship cleats Salt water washdown 35 lb Bruce with 20' chain 35lb Delta Fast Set with 20' chain Avon Redcrest Dinghy
- Sails & Rigging
- Cutter rigged with 850 sq. ft. of sail area. New Bow Sprit in 2004, New Upper Shroud in 2011. Listed below are just some of the details of equipment and sail inventory New Bamar Head Stay roller furling 2003 Retractable Lazy Jacks Storm Tri-sail track on mast Assemetrical Spinnaker 2 Spare Spinnaker Halyards 2 Barlow #22 mast mounted 2-speed mainsail chrome bronze halyard winches Barlow #22 boom mounted 2-speed chrome bronze reefing winches 1) #44 s/t 2-speed mainsail chrome bronze winch 2) #44 s/t 2-speed chrome bronze staysail winches 2) 54 s/t 2-speed chrome bronze primary jib winches Oversize stainless steel standing rigging with swagged fittings. Heavy duty chrome plated bronze turnbuckles & toggles. 4:1 Main sheet 2 sheet stoppers control reefing lines Running backstays with 4:1 purchase 2:1 internal outhaul with recessed outhaul car Telescoping aluminum Whiskar pole Steaming, masthead & spreader lights Emergency masthead mounted strobe light Deck mounted jib sheet & staysail tracks w/s/s fairlead blocks Garhauer Mainsail traveler w/heavy duty s/s car & 6:1 purchase Tapered aluminum spreaders
- Owner's person possessions,
- Owners personal items not listed here are not a part of this sale. The company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of this vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyers desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
- See more details at www.whiteakeryachtsales.com Available for co-brokerage on a 50/50 basis. Brokers outside of Florida contact for details. This boat is listed by an experienced professional yacht broker.