- 54 (ft.)
- Bridge Clearance
- Hull Material
- Fuel Type
- Engine Model
- 4JH 8TE
- Number of Engines
- Engine Hours
IF YOU HAVE A CRUISING DREAM...
"BAREFOOT" COULD CERTAINLY BE YOUR "DREAMBOAT"!
IF YOU'RE LOOKING FOR A GREAT DEAL - THIS IS IT!
This beautiful sturdy Gulfstar 54 will provide safe passage in luxury and will take you anywhere in the world you would like to go. She is a proven world cruiser and can be a wonderful live aboard or could become a very nice Private Charter Yacht. Easy for a couple to handle with Hood Stoway roller furling main and mizzen sail. She features a mast height under 55 feet for cruising under intracoastal water way bridges. Twin Yanmar turbo charged engines and bow thruster make it easy to maneuver in tight places and gives you the power to get you though strong currents anywhere in the world. Or just use one engine for motor sailing...it is very nice to have options!
Luxury is everywhere, from the spacious owner’s cabin with ensuite head and private cockpit aft to the modern amenities like air conditioning, generator, water maker and a washing machine. The Galley was recently updated with corian counter tops, custom pantry, refrigeration, and appliances.
Read on about the travels and places this vessel has taken her owners. If you are really considering a cruising yacht this is definitely one worth seeing!
- History and Overview
- The original owner purchased her, kept her on the Great Lakes, and stored her indoors over the winter months. In 1997 he did a major refit including painting the hull. In 2005 the current owners purchased her while she was on Lake Michigan and sailed her to Kentucky and on to Punta Gorda, Florida. Next was Belize and back to Kentucky. Then in 2006 she returned to Belize, Honduras, and Guatemala, where she had her bottom painted. Stops in 2007 included Honduras, Panama, Columbia, Aruba, Bonaire, and Curacao,Venezuela, back to the ABC's then Columbia, Panama, and Honduras. She sailed from the Rio Dulce, Guatemala to Punta Gorda, Florida in 4.5 days - almost 800 miles. After a sabbatical she sailed to the Chesapeake in 2010 and is now back in Florida. During that time her owners made many improvements on her and maintained her very well. By looking at her you would not suspect the miles she has traveled. New Epoxy Barrier Coat and Bottom Paint in May 2012. She looks like she is ready to go and is truly ‘turn key’ .
- There are 3 cabins for sleeping, a luxurious Master cabin with ensuite head and separate shower, a spacious VIP cabin with Queen size coil spring mattress, and other guest cabin with over under bunks. Let’s start aft at the Master’s cabin which has its own private cockpit aft and has a large island walk around berth, with coil spring mattress and storage space beneath the berth. Aft and to starboard of the berth is an upholstered settee with storage below and above. Forward of the berth is another vanity mirror with cabinets below and shelving above. Port of the berth there is additional shelving, cupboards, and storage space. The master cabin ensuite head unit has a separate shower stall, head, and sink and vanity unit outboard. The galley is situated forward and starboard of the Master cabin. The stove is located aft. Large refrigerator/ freezer and worktop space to starboard and forward. The twin stainless steel sinks are placed center line with large pantry storage aft. There is plenty of other storage in the galley with cupboards both above and below the worktops. The main salon is up two steps forward and was reupholstered in 2007 with Ivory leather. To starboard is the U-shaped ivory leather settee which has storage below. The settee surrounds a large custom teak folding dining/coffee table. There are open cabinets and glass fronted cabinets above the settee. On the port side in the main salon are two custom made built-in seats with storage below and with teak cabinets and two large shelves above. Below is a Raritan icemaker in between and storage space located outboard. The navigation station is aft and to port in the main salon near the companionway. There is a large teak chart table with navigation equipment above and outboard with the electronics panel located beneath and outboard. There is also storage in the chart table and shelves above. The forward head is forward to port and features a separate shower stall, the head, sink, and vanity unit outboard with storage units both above and below. There is a large vanity mirror most forward in the head unit. Directly across and to starboard is the bunk berth cabin, with 2 twin sized bunks and a teak hanging locker aft and port. There is shelving outboard, cabinets, and a vanity mirror. Slightly forward of that is a storage pantry. Finally, forward is the large Guest cabin with centerline, coil spring, queen-sized berth. There is a teak hanging locker aft to starboard and shelving outboard to port and starboard. There are storage drawers beneath the berth and an upholstered settee aft and port of the berth with drawers and lockers below for storage. You'll also enjoy the convenience of the LG washer.
- This Beautiful Galley has been updated with Custom Corian counter tops and a new refrigerator/ freezer. It is conveniently situated close to the main salon and companionway. New Custom Refrigerator with Gunert Holding plate New Custom Freezer with Gunert Holding plate Force 10, gimbaled SS 3 burner Stove and oven (2) 10lb LPG tanks Large Custom Pantry Stainless Steel Double Sinks NuTone Built-in Blender Custom Corian Counter Tops GE Spacemaker II Microwave Hot Water heater 20 gal
- Custom Overhead Cabinet, in Cockpit, for Electonics Raymarine Speed, Depth, Wind (2006) Raymarine ST7000 Auto pilot ( 2010 ) Furuno 36 mile Radar with CRT in cockpit TV antenna Blipper Radar Deflector Flat panel TV for Master Stateroom Boston Clock and Barometer at Nav ICOM M802 SSB (2005), w/ Auto tuner Pactor Modem ICOM IC-M402 VHF Uniden VHF Model MC-790 Ritchie Powerdamp Compass Rudder Angle Indicator
- Electrical & Mechanical
- Bow Thruster Onan 8 KW generator 50amp Shorepower service 120v AC and 12V DC systems panel (4) Group D Batteries for house bank Charles 100 amp Battery charger Pro Watt 2000 sine wave Inverter ( 2010 ) Xantrex Link 20 battery monitor LG Clothes washer (2) 16K BTU Cruisair air conditioners Spectra Water Maker Max props
- Deck & Cockpit
- Cockpit cushions Boarding ladder with extension Custom Aluminum hatch for storage in Aft cockpit Idle Electric Windlass (rebuilt 2010) (2) 60lb CQR anchors with 200’ of 3/8” chain (2) Fortress anchors Freshwater wash down
- Sails & Rigging
- The sails on this vessel are very easy to use with the Hood Stowaway Electric Roller furling system. New main sail in 2010 Hood RF 150% Genoa with foam luff Mizzen Sail Asymmetrical Spinnaker with sock (2) 2 speed Barient ST electric winches Custom Harken Traveler Electric Primary winches Barient 22 and 21 Halyard winches on Mast Barient 21 two speed ST winch Barient 12 one speed winch Preventer
- Dinghy and OB engine Owner's personal possessions
- Owners personal items not listed here are not a part of this sale. The company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of this vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyers desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
- Listing broker: firstname.lastname@example.org Available for co-brokerage on a 50/50 basis. Brokers outside of Florida contact for details.