- 40 (ft.)
- Bridge Clearance
- Hull Material
- Fuel Type
- Engine Model
- Number of Engines
- Engine Hours
"Carpe Diem" is the Best Priced Island Packet 40 ANYWHERE!!
AND... JUST REDUCED BY ANOTHER $5200
Owner is Committed to Selling "Carpe Diem" NOW!
A GREAT DEAL AWAITS!!
The IP40 is one of the most ideal cruising sailboats ever built! "CARPE DIEM" is an example of this model that combines stunning good looks, robust construction, seakindlyness, comfortable accommodations, shallow draft, and circumnavigation potential with a cutter rig that is easy for a couple to handle in all conditions. Also, year after year, the IP40 has one of the best resale values of any boat afloat!
If you are looking for an exceptional boat that is equipped for sailing (not dock-sitting) AND has all the goodies needed to head out today, then "CARPE DIEM" is worthy of your consideration.
- The Island Packet 40 has an extremely desirable 2 stateroom, 2 head interior layout which provides exceptional accommodations for extended cruising for two couples. The forward master stateroom has a large Pullman Berth to starboard with a bureau and double hanging locker to port. Forward of the stateroom is a spacious fully enclosed head , vanity and shower area and teak shower seat.The main salon has a port single settee with ample storage outboard and beneath. There is a hanging locker at the forward end of the settee. The starboard L-shaped settee converts to a double berth and has storage outboard and beneath. The dinette table is bulkhead mounted, fold down with storage behind. When in the down position and with leaf extended, it will accommodate 6 adults easily. The aft portion of the SB settee doubles as the nav seat for the aft facing nav station/chart table . Aft of the nav station is the spacious and well thought out sea going galley . On the portside aft of the salon is the second fully enclosed head , shower and vanity which is accessible from either the salon or the private aft guest stateroom which is immediately adjacent aft. The aft stateroom features a very large berth with dressing seat and large hanging locker. The entire interior is completed with satin varnished teak offset by the exceptional teak and holly sole. Light and ventilation is provided by 13 opening S/S ports with screens, 7 deck hatches and 4 dorades. Denim covers over original cushions Custom mattress in master forward stateroom New lighting in master
- The spacious galley features a wrap-around design providing comfort and security when preparing meals underway in less than perfect conditions. There is exceptional storage for extended cruising or living aboard in the form of deep locker, cabinets, drawers, dish racks, and cubbies. Frigoboat 12V refrigeration w/ Smart Speed control & digital temp gauge Princess 3 burner propane stove w/ oven Double S/S sink with spray Seagull Water Filter 12V Fan Propane solenoid control Overhead screened hatch
- Raymarine 6001 Autopilot Raymarine ST60 Wind, Depth, Speed & Direction Raymarine C80 Chartplotter Raymarine 24 mile radar Kenwood Ham/SSB radio w/ Pactor Modem Sirius weather Uniden 525 VHF w/ wireless remote @ helm ICOM M72 H/H secondary VHF Kenwood CD/ AM/ FM stereo
- AGM House Batteries w/ approx. 900 amp hrs., Dedicated engine start battery Magnum 2000 watt inverter/charger w/ remote monitor (2010) Honda EU 2000i - Gas Generator KISS Hi-output wind generator (2010) 220 Watt Solar power w/ Sun Saver load controller (all 2011) Balmar 100amp alternator Balmar Digital Duo Charge 30amp (4) Caframo 12V fans
- Mermaid 16,000 BTU AC/Heat Racor 500 remote fuel filter Electric fuel pump for effortless fuel filter changes Dripless shaft seal - 2009 Cutlass Bearing replaced in 2009 Kanzaki transmission Manual heads w/ Y-Valve BC Fire extinguishing system Edson steering wheel
- Deck & Cockpit
- 35# Delta w/ 200' chain 35# Plow Lewmar electric windlass w/ cockpit & pulpit controls Bimini & dodger Full cockpit enclosure (2010) 10' West Marine RIB Viking offshore liferaft (2008) Honda 4 stroke, 5hp OB engine Kato dinghy davit Cockpit cushions Cockpit table Cockpit shower OB motor lift OB motor rail mount Companionway doors w/ screen and Lexan inserts Hatch Breeze Booster Cockpit Textaline Shade Companionway Screen Hatch Screens (4) Dorades Fender caddy Barge boards Deck brush Boat hook Lifelines new (2012) Swim ladder (4) Life jackets Coast Guard approved safety package
- Sails & Rigging
- Staysail on Schaefer roller furler 135% Genoa on Schaefer roller furler Staysail New in 2008 Mac Pac system & mainsail - NEW 2011 Genoa refurbished in 2011 Keel stepped aluminum mast Lewmar OCEAN ELECTRIC 40-111 halyard winch (4) Lewmar 48 ST Primaries, (3) Regular winches Strong Track on mast
- The hull is molded in one piece using 100% hand-laid fiberglass construction throughout with ISO/NPG gelcoat for durability plus Island Packets exclusive Poly Clad bottom gelcoat system for superior blister protection. Deck is molded in one piece and cored with Poly Core which provides maximum resistance to delamination and is impervious to rot. Island Packets full keel with attached rudder design provides maximum stability, sea-kindliness, and protection of under-water machinery.
- Brokers Comments/ Additional Information
- "Carpe Diem" has been "home" to her only owners since new. Since '95 she has cruised the Bahamas, made a successful Bermuda trip, then back to the Bahamas in 2008 and then onward to the U.S. East Coast, Florida Keys and Gulf Coast. Her travels have been slow and easy, just the way cruising is meant to be. You will find "Carpe Diem" well kept and ready to continue the cruising lifestyle. FRESH BOTTOM PAINT - JUNE 2012
- Owners personal items not listed here are not a part of this sale. The company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of this vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyers desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
- Available for Co-Brokerage on a 50/50 basis. Brokers outside of Florida contact office for details LISTED BY A CERTIFIED PROFESSIONAL YACHT BROKER - email@example.com Click for more info