Spacious, Reliable AND.. Affordable!
Cobia's second owner has enjoyed the cruising life with her since 1998. They have traveled the West Coast of Florida to the Keys and Dry Tortuga's in comfort, safety and with an exceptional turn of speed.
She offers a lot of boat for the money and you will find her to be structurally, mechanically and electrically sound.
Her hull and decks are of the steam cured Ferro-Cement and she was built to Samson Marine design parameters. She is NOT to be confused with some of the home built "chicken wire" cement boats that seldom left the Sailors backyard (if ever). You will find her hull fair and all systems built within sound engineering and sea keeping practices.
Allow us the opportunity to introduce you to "Cobia" today!
- Starting forward is the Master Stateroom with a portside queen berth with 9 drawers under, mirrored bulkheads, 4 ports, 4 storage lockers, Ensuite Head (only), forward access to chain locker, starboard side bureau, hanging locker, dressing seat with storage under. Next aft is the Salon with settee to starboard with storage. Outboard of the settee are massive refrigerator and freezer compartments. L-shaped dining settee to port with storage under and outboard. Deco art wall. A bank of library shelves separate the salon and galley. Next aft to port is the Spacious Galley (see below). Across to starboard is the Main Head , vanity, mirrored bulkhead and shower stall. Ample cabinetry abounds! The overhead is done in Mahogany panels. Continuing aft up two steps is the Pilot House with settee to starboard, drawers under and locker aft. Bulkhead helm surrounded by 9 wrap-around windows, fiddled shelving, 3 drawers, 7 lockers and a hi-lo dining table. Brass clock & barometer are positioned on the bulkhead. Next aft is the Guest Quarters with settees to port & starboard and a huge queen berth full aft. Storage is found under all settees and the berth.
- Franklin Chef upright 110v refrigerator Seafrost 12v deep freeze w/ refrig compartments (behind salon settee) 3 Burner propane stove w/ oven Samsung microwave oven Pressure water system w/ heater S/S sink 8 Cabinets 4 Drawers Wine glass rack Tile counter top Dry storage locker Pot & pan locker 10 Opening ports w/ peek-a-boo shades Range vent
- iTronics PC Nav System JRC 1500 16mi. Radar B&G Network wind, depth & speed Uniden Oceanus VHF w/ DSC Wireless RAM MIC Levogage Inclinometer Anchor alarm in iTronics system Ritchie 6" compass Stereo/CD player w/ salon speakers
- 4-8D Deka gel cell batteries Apollo 3.5 Kw generator w/ low hours (New in 2010) Trace 2512 2500 watt inverter/charger Ferris wind generator w/ remote controller Blue Seas Smart Controlled alternator & regulator Amp hour monitor Galvanic Isolator Digital TV antenna Cell antenna w/ 3 watt booster APG electric - security - power controller (needs to be hooked up) 12V Helm outlet 50' 30 amp dockside power cables All wiring re-done by current owner
- Marine Air 16,000 BTU air/heat 1-Automatic, 1-manual bilge pumps Two independent steering stations Hydraulic pumps re-built in 2007 Gulf Coast fuel & oil polishing systems & filtration w/ vacuum gauge Fresh water head Showers and sinks to 40 gallon holding w/ macerator, deck pumpout or overboard discharge BC Fire extinguishing system
- Deck & Cockpit
- 105# Bruce anchor w/ 200' 3/8 chain& 150' rode Hydraulic windlass w/ helm & deck controls 100# Fisher manual anchor Shade Tree awning system 3/4 Cockpit enclosure w/ aft deck awning Bimini & Dodger Cockpit cushions Foredeck lights Cockpit deck box houses genset Aft deck arch 12' Livingston Cat fiberglass dinghy Heavy-duty davits w/ winches Wind Vane self steering S/S Lifelines Swim ladder 6 Life jackets Fenders & lines
- Sails & Rigging
- Sail Inventory: Main, 150% genoa ProFurl RF (2004), jib, MPS spinnaker (2006), mizzen, storm sail Advance Sails of St. Petersburg manages the sail care Mainsheet traveler (mizzen & staysail) Barient 28R primaries Sail covers are 2005 All sails are in good, serviceable condition Standing rigging replaced w/ Norseman fittings in 2002 Aluminum deck stepped mast
- Brokers Comments/ Additional Information
- "Cobia" is a Cecil Norris design that was custom built in steam cured ferro-cement and fared to a fine finish. Her decks are also ferro-cement which makes her an exceptionally dry boat. You will find her to be an excellent value at her asking price with only the interior of the pilot house windows needing some TLC. Her engine, rigging and sails are capable of any trip you might like to take! She is a unique boat looking for a unique Sailor and offers exceptional accommodations at a very realistic price. Call on "Cobia" today and we'll hook you up! Bottom is cleaned monthly, she is currently due for bottom paint Loaded with major spares, ie; belts, engine starter, Jabsco pumps, toilet kits, raw water pumps, Y-valves, faucet set, water pumps, bilge pumps, portlights, etc.
- Personal gear, tools & books.
- Owners personal items not listed here are not a part of this sale. The company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of this vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyers desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
- Available for Co-Brokerage on a 50/50 basis. Brokers outside of Florida contact for details. LISTED BY A CERTIFIED PROFESSIONAL YACHT BROKER - firstname.lastname@example.org Click for more info