- 42 (ft.)
- Bridge Clearance
- Hull Material
- Fuel Type
- Engine Model
- Number of Engines
- Engine Hours
"Amazing Grace" Is Truly an "Amazing" Yacht!
This is a nice example of Island Packet's extremely popular 420...absolutely perfect for the cruising life....easy to handle yet roomy and comfortable with two very nice staterooms both with ensuite heads. This two-owner yacht has been very well maintained and is in excellent condition. Her second owner has completed many upgrades since he purchased the boat (see details in Full Specs). She is READY TO GO CRUISING NOW! Just add your personal gear and away you go!
Here are a few of her many attributes:
- Good Electronics Pkg. including Radar/Chartplotter
- SSB with auto tuner, backstay antenna, Iridium 9555 Sat. Phone, Pactor modem
- Bowthruster - PRO Watermaker - 8KW Generator, NEW Lofrans Tigres Windlass
- 36,000 BTU Reverse Cycle Air & Heat - New Batteries
- Sails in Good Condition including Spinnaker with sock
- Liferaft, EPIRB, & Raymarine AIS
- NEW Bimini/Dodger, Foredeck Awning, and Canvas Covers
- NEW Dinghy / Also includes Outboard Motor and Dinghy Davits
- Clean Interior - Custom Mattress - UltraLeather Upholstery - Soles recently re-varnished
Check out all the details in full specifications including the owners list of upgrades and maintenance then give us a call to view this "amazing" yacht for yourself.
This is a very exceptional boat!
See Link below to a "Virtual Tour" of the Boat.
- Amazing Grace offers a blend of liveaboard comfort and practical cruising features. She delivers the best accommodations of any yacht in this size range. Excellent light and ventilation are achieved with 15 opening screened ports, 8 deck hatches, and Hella 12-volt fans. As with all Island Packets, storage is abundant. Starting forward is a large anchor locker with interior access through a tall door in the forward head. This locker has a separate compartment for fender storage. The forward head features a separate shower stall with acrylic door, a deep S/S sink with vanity and Corian counters, new Masterflush/Dometic electric quiet-flush toilet, several lockers and drawers and excellent ventilation with an overhead hatch and opening portlights. The forward owner's stateroom is a true delight with the entire beam of the yacht utilized for a grand and inviting retreat. The large island berth is offset from the hull providing easy access from both sides and features a custom Handcraft mattress. A dressing seat is to port. The aft section of the berth top is mounted on gas support struts and lifts to reveal a large blanket chest. Drawers, cabinets, storage bins and a deep hanging locker provide ample storage. A dressing seat finishes this impressive stateroom. There are four screened portlights and two overhead hatches with retractable shade/screen units. Next aft is the main salon featuring Island Packet's signature bulkhead mounted fold-up table. A nice bottle and glass rack are revealed behind the table when it is lowered. The settee cushions are covered in durable yet comfortable UltraLeather in light beige. The starboard settee pulls out to provide a double berth. The large overhead hatch features an OceanAir retractable shade/screen unit. Next aft to starboard is the navigation station with an electrically powered swing-out seat and large hinged chart table. You'll find beautiful handcrafted cabinetry and joinerwork throughout the yacht in varnished teak. The galley , immediately to the starboard side of the companionway, features double S/S sinks and Corian counters, a 3-burner propane stove with oven, microwave, generous wrap around counter space, and a large refrigerator and freezer. To port is the aft head with entry from the salon or aft cabin. It features shower with wrap-around curtain and folding teak seat, vanity w/stainless steel sink and corian top, teak framed mirror, and new Masterflush/Dometic Electric quiet-flush head. The aft cabin features a large Pullman-style athwartship berth, large cedar-lined locker, numerous drawers and storage bins, and excellent access to the entire drive train through opening bins under the berth. The boat is completely "turn key". All you need to add is your personal gear and provisions and away you go. UltraLeather (beige) in main salon (3) OceanAir Retractable Hatch Screens/Shades Custom Handcraft Mattress in Master 36,000 BTU (3 units) reverse cycle air/heat with digital controls and de-humidification setting All ports have pleated shades Peek A Boo Shades in Heads
- Large wrap around galley w/corian counters & sea rails on all edges Dual Adler-Barbour Refrigerator/Freezer (cold plates with digital controls) Force 10 gimballed 3-burner Force 10 Stove w/Oven (2) 10lb Aluminum LPG Tanks in exterior locker Microwave Oven Pressure Hot/Cold Water Double Stainless Steel Sinks Manual pump and Retractable Spray Unit Deluxe Teak Dish Rack & Cutlery Drawers Large Storage Areas Above and Below Counters plus Storage Drawers Roll-away Trash Bin Seaward 11-gal. Water Heater
- Raymarine E80 Chartplotter at helm Raymarine 4KW Radar, on Custom Gimbaled Mast Mount Radar Reflector (tri-lobe mounted on mast) ICOM M802 SSB with Autotuner, Backstay Anetnna Satellite Phone: Iridium 9555 w/docking station, handset, speaker, & external attenna Pactor SCS PTC-II USB Modem Horizon Matrix VHF with helm remote and position EPIRB, ACR GlobalFix 406 Raymarine AIS 500 Raymarine ST6001 Autopilot Raymarine ST60 Wind, Depth, Speed instruments Raymarine Sirius SR 100 Weather and Music Stereo System with speakers in main salon and cockpit 2012 Model HDTV Flatscreen TV with Blue Ray DVD
- Mastervolt 8KW Generator (846 hours) - Digital controller monitor at nav station Batteries: 4 Group 31 Lifeline 125 amp hour GPL-31-XT AGM for House Bank NEW Sept. 2011 / One AGM Starting Battery Xantrex Battery Charger with 2500 watt Inverter Controller Balmar Digital Duo Regulator Balmar 110amp Alternator Yanmar 75HP Diesel with 1429 hours Racor filters on engine and generator Intra SidePower SP75T Bow Thruster Two 30 amp power cables plus 50/30 splitter PRO 20-gallon per hour Watermaker, 110v Cruisair 36,000 BTU (3 units) reverse cycle Air/Heat Hella Turbo 12v fans Masterflush/Dometic Electric Macerator Heads (Model 8812) NEW January 2010 Macerator pump with Y Valve Electric & Manual Bilge Pumps, Bilge Pump Counter, Bilge Alarm
- Deck, Hull, Cockpit
- Lofrans Tigres electric anchor windlass - foot controls at bow, remote at helm - NEW August 2010 45# Bruce with 20' chain & 300' rode 60# Ultra with 265' chain & swivel Anchor washdown (saltwater) w/ quick connect fitting at bow Chain Stopper & Anchor Hold Downs Stainless steel dorades w/hand rails Stainless steel mast pulpits Bimini/Dodger - NEW 2010 - includes connector panel and sunscreens NEW Foredeck Awing NEW 2010 Canvas hatch covers, winch covers, dinghy cover, custom insulated companionway cover/access, helm cover Companionway slide boards and Lexan solid insert Rubrail w/stainless steel striker Double Lifelines w/side gates Hatch Covers Winch Covers Plastimo 6-person Liferaft Helm seat cushion w/back rest Stern rail seat cushions Hinged padeyes for cockpit harness Island Packet Teak Cockpit Table SS BBQ (Propane) 6 fenders and Fender Step Dock Lines Cockpit Cushions Cockpit Shower Helm Cover Stern Gate w/quick release 10'4" Achilles RIB Inflatable with floor (NEW July 2010) Johnson 15HP 2-cycle Outboard with electric start Ocean Marine Dinghy Davits Motor Bracket Swim Platform with Ladder Emergency strobe at masthead Tricolor at masthead with selection switch at nav station panel
- In-Mast Furling Mainsail 130% Roller Furling Genoa Roller Furling Staysail Asymmetrical Spinnaker in sock Spinnaker pole, mast mount - Forespar Ultra Solid boom vang - Seldon Rodkicker All lines led to cockpit (2) Lewmar Ocean Series 54CST Jib Sheet Winches (2) Lewmar Ocean Series 16CST Secondary Winches Staysail Lewmar 16CST Sheet Winch Jib Halyard Lewmar 24C Winch on Mast Mainsail Lewmar 24C Winch
- Life Raft - 6 person Plastimo Offshore, Certified until April 2013 EPIRB Global Fix Model RLB-35 Raymarine AIS 500 Bell Horn Bilge Counter Bilge Alarm Life Jackets Flares
- Broker's Comments
- The Island Packet 420 won the award for "Best Full Size Cruiser" in the 2000 Boat of the Year competition conducted by Cruising World Magazine as was one of the best selling models ever produced by Island Packet Yachts. Today, these yachts are in great demand which is evidenced by how few are available on the brokerage market. "Amazing Grace" is the newest IP-420 on the market. She is extremely well equipped and ready to go - NO upgrades or additional outfitting needed. She is in amazing condition and must be seen to truly be appreciated.
- Maintenance, Upgrades, Spares
- Maintenance and Upgrade Notes from current owner: November-December 2009 Added Max Prop Added PSS dripless shaft seal Polished hull/waxed Repainted helm pod Reshimmed rudder – new bearing/shim locally made New bottom paint – 2 coats Micron Extra C ablative Flushed diesel tank Replace cutlass bearing Touched boot stripe November – December 2009 New masthead tri/anchor LED New pulpit LEDs New Mast steps at top of mast Inspected mast and rigging Replaced some corroding rivets New spreader lights New radar reflector Added Seldon Type 20 (solid) vang Replaced fixed support on radar with custom gimbled mount Added Forespar LC13/24 wisker pole and vertical storage system on mast Added Wichard Jib-Easy preventor Replaced VHF antenna and cable Serviced all winches December 2009 January 2010 Replaced heads with Masterflush electric toilet(s). Converted to fresh water flush January-February 2010 Replaced Dodger Replaced Bimini Added sun screens to Bimini Added hatch covers, winch covers Added connector(s) solid, plastic and sun screen Added fore deck awning January – August 2010 Misc. Added RayMarine AIS 500 Added RayMarine SeaTalk HS Network Switch Added Sirius Satellite weather and music Upgraded dinghy motor to electric starting (Johnson) Replaced dinghy with Achillies 10 ft RIB Added dinghy cover Replaced rugs Replaced throw pillows Replaced dock lines New flares Cleaned freshwater plumbing with bleach Revarnished cabin sole Revarnished topside teak Waxed topside and filled screw holes Recaulked port and starboard chainplates ( not back stays ) Recertified life raft Replaced strainers – engine, generator and AC pump August 2010 Added bilge pump counter and alarm 2012 1. New Zincs and Bow Thruster cleaned Additional Iridium Satellite phone with external antenna and inside docking station, handset and speaker December 2010 Replaced house batteries with 4X125 Amp Hr Lifeline batteries Sept 2011 Repaced bowthruster motor Sept 2011 NUMEROUS SPARES Many Updated in 2012 as follows: Yanmar V-Belt, Yanmar SeaWater Impellers, Yanmar Fuel Filters, Racor Fuel Filters (2010sm-2 micron), Racor Fuel Filters (2010sm - 10 micron), Racor Fuel Filters (2010sm - 30 micro), Shell Rotella Lube Oil, Transmission Oil, Yanmar Oil Filters, Yanmar Thermostat
- Optional Equipment
- 1. Aluminum dinghy/small boat trailer (suitable for jet ski) - Light Use 2. Boat Stands w/tie down straps & Auger Bits 3. Sea Drogue with lines and weight 4. WinchRite Electric Winch Handle
- Personal items not listed here are excluded from the sale. The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
- Available to all brokers on a 50/50 commission split - brokers outside Florida call for complete details. Listed by a "Certified Professional Yacht Broker" - firstname.lastname@example.org Click for more info Virtual Tour of Amazing Grace available at: https://360.sc/QDZFQVD