- 44 (ft.)
- Hull Material
- Fuel Type
- Engine Model
- Number of Engines
- Engine Hours
TO PUT IT SIMPLY....SHE'S SPECIAL!
And Now With Her $10,000 Price Reduction, She is Even More Special!!
"Gemini" has that rare combination of Traditional Quality matched with Contemporary Style.
She has the ability to be a sleek and swift cruising yacht designed to reward the experienced sailor with outstanding performance while keeping the ships company in comfort and style.
Conceived to be a Charlie Morgan long range cruiser (hence the double fuel capacity) she was outfitted to accomplish that goal. Circumstances changed and she was sold to her first lucky owner in 1990. Her second and current owner purchased her in 2000. She has always been kept in a condition that most of us only hope to achieve.
You will find her to be as nice as stated and ready to sail away to your dream destination.
- The Morgan 44 is a sleek and swift cruising yacht designed to reward the experienced Sailor with outstanding performance while keeping the ships company in comfort and style. By starting with a graceful hull with a fine entry and full sections midships and aft, and employing a semi-balanced rudder and cruising fin keel, a high level of performance and the volume required for luxury accommodations are possible. The deck is unique among center cockpit yachts her size. The high bulwarks create a sense of sea-worthiness and security. The cockpit is deep with high, secure, comfortable coamings. The coaming caps are wide, creating a second seating level in the cockpit. The aft deck is large enough to accommodate deck chairs. The hatch to the large lazarette locker below is flush for maximum usable deck space. The forward end of the trunk cabin is gently angled and textured for safety on the foredeck. The no-skid texture and contrasting colors are molded in for safety and durable good looks. The interior is a skillful blending of traditional warm yacht finishes and bright, low maintenance materials creating an atmosphere conducive to elegant entertaining or extended living aboard. The accommodations are stretched the length of the vessel, insuring privacy for the owner and guests with well separated staterooms and private heads. The salon level galley is designed to keep the cook sheltered from main cabin traffic yet included in the conversation and social activity. The galley is bright and well ventilated. There is lots of counter space storage and a huge divided refrigerator/freezer. Cooking aboard the Morgan 44 is an enjoyable task. The Morgan 44 is a proper yacht. The walk-in engine room is sound insulated, and will accommodate all the mechanical amenities you require for a comfortable life aboard. Engine maintenance can be properly performed without disturbing the living quarters, all major mechanical components are centrally located in the engine room. Accomodation Details: Forward Guest Stateroom: Exceptionally spacious V-Berth with ensuite access to the guest head. Double door hanging locker, two locker cabinets, storage drawer, staved wood hullside finish, fiddled full length shelf to starboard. So nice you may have trouble getting your guests to leave! Guest Head: Doors to guest stateroom and salon. Stainless steel sink and vanity with cabinet below, shower with sump pump, mirrored bulkhead, mirrored double locker/medicine cabinet, opening screened port and screened hatch for ventilation. Salon: Starboard side - L shaped settee adjoins the centerline double drop-leaf table with integral drawers and storage. Entire hullside is complete with four large teak doored cabinets w/ storage behind and under. 4 screened hatches and 4 screened ports provide plenty of light and ventilation in the salon area. Portside - Straight settee with storage outboard and under. Fiddled shelves over providing even more storage. Settee expands to make a large single berth if needed. Galley: Good food is essential for a successful cruise. Meal preparation should be an enjoyable part of life aboard a cruising yacht. The galley design of the Morgan 44 recognizes this fact and creates a pleasant environment for the cook. The "U" shaped galley surrounds the cook with counters of crisp white laminate and teak trim and large separate refrigerator and freezer compartments.There are also two deep, stainless steel sinks and a gimbaled stove with oven. There are cabinets large enough for your biggest pots, a bank of full drawers for utensils and space for dry food storage. A microwave cabinet is built in above the counter aft. A large window and opening overhead hatch keep the galley bright and well ventilated.
- Adler Barbour Crosby Cold Plate (110v) Refrigeration Refrigerator pump Hillerange Princess 2-burner propane stove w/ oven GE Profile S/S Microwave oven Double S/S sink (6) lockers, (2) cabinets, (2) drawers Seabird water filtration system George Forman grill ShurFlo "silencer" water pump Dry storage locker Coffee maker Toaster
- Pod mounted instruments at helm: B&G VHF B&G Autopilot B&G GPS B&G 20XX Radar B&G wind, speed, depth Ritchie Globemaster 6" compass Instruments at Nav Station: ICOM 56 VHF B&G Data 406 EPIRB Sharp Aquos TV DVD player Seaworthy CD/AM/FM stereo w/ salon speakers Marine Air controls
- (3) 4D AGM batteries, (1) Group 27 AGM engine battery (660 amp hrs.) Magnum Energy 3000 watt inverter/charger Xantrex battery monitoring system Westerbeke 5 KW generator w/ 722 hrs. Generator has remote panel with temp, oil pressure & voltage gauges Glomex TV antenna @ masthead 2- 30 amp 50' Marinco dockside cables
- Yanmar 44 HP Diesel engine Marine Air 16000 BTU w/ direct expansion split system Racor for engine & gen plus in-line algaeX fuel conditioner (3) Automatic, (1) Manual Bilge Pumps Edson steering wheel Lectrasan electric system @ aft head Guest head is manual w/ Y-valve and macerator PSS Dripless shaft seal Fuel tank gauges at tanks 3-Blade bronze prop Dockside water filter Water tanks cleaned 2010 Shaft spurs Forced Air cabin heater Vernalift engine exhaust BC Fire extinguishing system CO Fume detector
- Deck & Cockpit
- Ground Tackle: 45# CQR w/ 50' chain 150 rode, Fortress 37 A-1 Anchor lock SL Anchorman 1200 electric windlass Three sided cockpit enclosure with Strataglass windshield Bimini & Dodger with S/S frame Custom bimini fabric for sun UV contols Helm cover Covers for all hatches Cockpit cushions Cockpit table Large aft lazarette Two cockpit lockers Two flag halyards Aft deck cooler 9'2" Severn rollup dinghy w/ Nissan 5HP OB engine OB Motor lift S/S Deck rails S/S Portlights Fresh water washdown aft No-strike lightning protection Foredeck light Lifesling system (4) Life jackets Port & starboard lifeline gates
- Sails & Rigging
- In 2007 a NEW U.S. ROLLER FURLING MAIN MAST was added with ALL NEW NORSEMAN RIGGING and a NEW MAINSAIL 135% Genoa is original but was refurbished in 2007 and is in very good condition Harken 40-2 ste ELECTRIC HALYARD WINCH, Lewmar 52 cst primaries, Lewmar 40st mainsheet, 2 Lewmar 24R @ mast Mast height is 60'.
- Brokers Comments/ Additional Information
- Seldom will you find a yacht of Gemini's age and pedigree that has had so much love and attention showered upon her. Her two past owners have kept her in a condition that most of us only hope to achieve. She was conceived to be a Charlie Morgan long range cruiser & outfitted to accomplish that goal. Her current owners have been aboard since 2000. They want their baby to go to a caring home and hope her new owners will have as much fun with her as they have had! Fresh brightwork MAY 2012 Charts for CUBA, Bahamas, Chesapeake, and Florida Outfitted w/ over size fuel tankage for long range cruising All manuals on board
- Owners personal items not listed here are not a part of this sale. The company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of this vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyers desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
- Available for co-brokerage on a 50/50 basis. LISTED BY A CERTIFIED PROFESSIONAL YACHT BROKER - email@example.com Click for more info