- 38 (ft.)
- Hull Material
- Fuel Type
- Engine Model
- Number of Engines
- Engine Hours
50,000 Miles, 52 Countries...
AND... SHE LOOKS LIKE SHE'S READY FOR A BOAT SHOW!!!
The only thing "1979" about Kuhela is her fiberglass hill and THAT has been maintained to a level that most of us can only hope to achieve. She is truly a testament to the loving care and hard work given by her owner over the last 25 years.
If you have been looking for a true blue-water capable boat, a boat that can safely and comfortably take you over all the oceans of the world, a boat that is in exceptional (near bristol) condition, and a boat that can be purchased for well under $100K... You are looking at the finest boat available today!
SERIOUSLY FOR SALE TO SERIOUS SAILORS
YOUR ADVENTURE OF A LIFETIME AWAITS!
For a complete travel log of Kuhela's incredible adventures, visit: philstephenson.com.
2008 survey available to qualified buyers for review. She has only improved since then!!
- Master Stateroom: Private full double berth forward with teak staved hullside finish. To port you will find Sunbrella storage pockets as well as two lockers with shelves above. To starboard there are three lockers for storage plus a deep hanging locker, all with shelf storage over. Hullside has additional Sunbrella storage pockets. Under the berth is more storage in bins as well as cubbie storage. Large overhead hatch, 2 screened S/S ports and 3 Hella fans provide adequate ventilation and light. Berth has a comfortable, thick latex mattress. Chain locker is accessed at forward bulkhead. Ensuite door to head provides stateroom privacy. Head: Portside with doors from the stateroom and salon. vanity with S/S sink, pressure and manual water, 4 large lockers, teak floor grate to Whale Gulper overboard discharge sump pump, wall mounted mirror, Raritan II head with home size bowl and Lectra-san waste system. Hatch, S/S port and fan provides ventilation. Salon: Forward of the SB salon settee you will find attractive built-in bookcases over a large storage locker with door. Starboard settee pulls out to make a double berth if needed. 3 lockers over, 2 lockers behind and 3 lockers under. Port U-shaped settee surrounds the dining table that easily seats six. 3 lockers hullside over a full length storage bin. 2 under settee lockers, storage outboard and full storage under the settee. Forward bulkhead shows the souvenirs from Kuhela's travels throughout the world (do not convey). Force 10 propane heater and chromed clock & barometer complete the bulkhead. Two opening S/S ports with screens, 4 large fixed "windows" 2 deck hatches and 3 Hella fans allow for ample light and ventilation. Overhead headliner was completely redone in 2001 and still shows as new (As everything does on this boat!) Galley: To port at base of companionway. See below for details. Nav Station: Located to SB at base of companionway. Hullside you will find all electronics behind protective glass panels. Flip-top chart table with 12v/110v electrical panels under along with a huge storage locker. Nav tools are in a box mounted in the aft bulkhead. Quarterberth: Double berth found full aft to SB. Open storage cubbies full aft. Entire berth has storage under. General: Commercial grade closed loop edge sealed carpeting throughout the boat over teak & holly sole. As noted, Kuhela has enough storage for around the world cruising Bomar polished S/S ports with screens throughout Force 10 Cabin heater Fixed port windows in salon were just replaced with polycarbonite, including polished S/S exterior trim rings ($3000 addition, AND BEAUTIFUL!!)
- Force 10, 3 burner propane stove w/ oven ( NEW 2010) SeaFreeze 12V water cooled refrigerator /freezer Deep double S/S sink Isotherm water heater Pressure water system w/ fresh & salt @ galley, fresh @ head (6) sliding door lockers w/ shelf above (4) Drawers (2) Under counter lockers Huge dry storage locker Bulkhead mounted dishware storage Force 10 BBQ grill - completely rebuilt w/ new burners & regulator 6/12 Dedicated propane locker w/ 12# propane plus 2 - 6# deck mounted
- Nexus/AutoNav Hydraulic linear drive autopilot (2002) Nexus Network wind, depth, speed & direction Uniden depth Interphase probe forward looking depth sounder Garmin 128 GPS C.A.R.D. Radar detector Autohelm 1000 tiller pilot (for emergency windvane ) 2008 Autohelm 3000 wheel pilot (redundancy) Raytheon R10 radar ICOM M402 VHF Uniden Atlantas 250 H/H VHF ICOM 718 SSB radio w/ Sea 1621C auto tuner Hustler vehicle SSB antenna Richie 6" compass Personal compass ACR Globalfix EPIRB All electonics plug in at helm Electronic charts available for buyers P.C.
- Trojan T-150 6v/two bank w/ 450 amp hours (2011) Iota 35 amp battery charger (primary) Heart Freedom 800 watt inverter/50 amp charger (secondary) Balmar 125 amp high output alternator 2 - 35 watt GE rail mount solar panels (7) Hella 12v low draw cabin fans Cantalupi cabin lights Alpenglow cabin lights 1 - 50' 30 amp dockside power cables Boat has been completely rewired All electronics run through their own separate fuses
- Bilge pumps: Whale Gulper automatic, Whale Titan manual, Emergency 2000 GPH submersible SidePower 6 HP Bowthruster Kanzaki KBW20 2.61:1 transmission PUR survivor 35 GPD watermaker Raritan PH II head with household bowl LectraSan system Electric fuel pump to Racor Day fuel tank acts as a fuel polishing system Engine instruments: Temp & oil pressure gauges, tachometer, warning lights & alarm Wet exhaust with GRP water trap De-Bugger magnetic fuel conditioner Twin lever controls mounted at pedestal 18" diameter bronze 3-blade propeller on 1-1/8" SS shaft Seacocks are all bronze flanged ball valve type Major on board spares: Alternator, starter, engine fresh water pump, galley fresh water pump, autopilot remote, prop puller, pump rebuild kits Maintenance log available - All engine maintenance adhered to religiously! All manual and tech notes on board CAD program for all wiring done There are 13 taped in bulkheads in the boat! She was built to last and has! Deck is airex cored. Solid glass topsides and hull.
- Deck & Cockpit
- Ground tackle: 60# CQR w/ 260' 5/16 chain, 35# CQR w/ 50' 5/16 chain, 20# Danforth Lofrans Tigres electric windlass Monitor windvane steering with emergency rudder system Bimini w/ side shade screens - exceptionally rigid w/ SS struts for strength Shade tree awning w/ side screens Wavestopper rigid spray dodger (2) Swivel chairs mounted in cockpit, (2) Adjustable cockpit chairs Cockpit table, drink holder Bomar S/S ports w/ screens Cockpit has 3 large lazarettes Large deck box aft of main (3) Dorades Par-Max 8 saltwater deck washdown Fixed polycarbonate salon ports (NEW 2012) Ranger 9' GRP dinghy Avon 280 9' roll away dinghy Honda B2BF 2 HP OB engine Avon 4 man raft (needs re-cert) Framework for 3 Jerry cans w/ tie down on aft deck Boom gallows for main Alert 100 man overboard alarm Lifesling system (4) Type II Life jackets Masthead LED light Current emergency flares Fenders & lines Swim ladder
- Sails & Rigging
- Profurl Headsail roller furling Hood staysail roller furling Main, Yankee (jib), Drifter sails are all 2000 Staysail (2010) Storm tri-sail is 1989 (light use) Cruising chute (2008) Spare yankee (1989) (6) Lewmar ST winches, (2) Regular Stainless wire rigging w/ sta-locks & Norseman terminals (2002) Harken Batten car Main Boom vang/preventer Insulated backstay Twin headstays
- Brokers Comments/ Additional Information
- Spend 10 minutes aboard "Kuhela" with her Captain and Admiral and you will KNOW what a special boat she is! She has been maintained to a level that most of us can only hope to achieve. There is not a single component to this boat that he owner hasn't touched and made better over their 25 years of ownership and the improvements are continuing, even while she's awaiting her new "crew". If you want an affordable boat that can help make you a capable world cruiser you just may have found your match! We look forward to introducing you to Kuhela at your earliest convenience.
- Owners personal items not listed here are not a part of this sale. The company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of this vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyers desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
- Click here for a complete travel log of Kuhela's incredible adventures Available for Co-brokerage on a 50/50 basis. Brokers from outside Florida contact office for details. LISTED BY A CERTIFIED PROFESSIONAL YACHT BROKER - firstname.lastname@example.org Click for more info