- 38 (ft.)
- Bridge Clearance
- Hull Material
- Fuel Type
- Engine Model
- Number of Engines
- Engine Hours
ORIGINAL OWNER of this 1983 Irwin 38 Center Cockpit says, "It's Time to Sell"
Moteus is a cutter rigged, center cockpit, centerboard sailing yacht. She has been a member of the same family since purchased new in 1983. Over the years she has been continuously maintained and upgraded.
She will be a great addition to her new family.... especially if that family is from SW Florida or cruises the shallow waters of the Bahamas. Her shoal draft of only 4' 6” with board up will let her tuck into anchorages others only dream about. The Westerbeke generator and reverse cycle CruiseAir air conditioning are icing on the cake.
Recent upgrades include:
- Running rigging 2010
- House batteries 2010
- Genset battery 2011
- Bimini, full enclosure with screens 2010
- Hatches 2010
- Boot and Cove stripe 2011
- NEW Bottom Paint 9/2013
Make an appointment to have a look at Moteus today!
- The Irwin 38 is extremely roomy for a 38 ft yacht. There are two separate staterooms both with head and shower. Beginning in the bow is the guest stateroom. There is a large V-berth with filler cushion. 2 opening ports and an overhead hatch with screen provide plenty of fresh air. There is a hanging locker to port, 1 smaller locker and 6 drawers beneath the V-berth. A privacy door separates the guest stateroom from the main salon. Moving aft into the main salon there are port and starboard settees with a centerline drop leaf dining table. Custom cabinets both port and starboard were ordered when the boat was new. A precursor to the popular deck salon style of today the Irwin 38 has 3 fixed forward windows, 2 fixed side windows both port and starboard and two hatches overhead. A TV stand is mounted on the starboard side of the forward salon bulkhead. Continuing aft there is a standup navigation station to starboard. The Chartplotter and VHF radio are mounted here. The navigation station has a clever 2 part desktop. Beneath the first opening portion is a place for navigation instruments etc. and below that is another hinged section which houses the Adler-Barbour refrigeration system. On the port side of the companionway is the galley. There is plenty of counter space as well as a large icebox beneath the counter farthest aft. The galley has a toaster oven, deep stainless sink, a 3 burner propane stove and plenty of shelve and cabinet storage. Moving aft through the galley you enter the master stateroom with full size athwartship berth. There is a full size hanging locker, 4 drawers beneath the berth, 2 shelves and a 4 drawer cabinet. On the starboard side of the master staterooms is a private entrance to the master head. This roomy head also opens to the main living with second privacy door.
- Hillerange 3 burner propane stove w/ oven Adler Barbour refrigeration Single stainless sink Chopping board insert Laminate counters 6 gallon water heater (New 2011) Overhead wine glass rack Toaster oven Hella fan
- Garmin GPSMap 176C chartplotter Datamarine wind, depth, speed Radar reflector Standard horizon VHF Ram mic VHF for cockpit VHF, GPS antenna Ritchie Powerdamp compass Jensen MCD 5110 Marine stereo Interior & cockpit speakers
- (4) 6 volt, 2 banks house - New 2010 , (1) Type 27 genset start - New 2011 Promariner 30 amp battery charger 60 amp Alternator Westerbeke 4.5 KW generator 12 Volt outlets (2) 30 amp shore power cables, (1) Y-splitter
- Perkins 4-108 diesel engine w/ 1040 hrs Racor fuel filter CruiseAir 16K BTU reverse cycle AC/heat (2) Manual heads Bilge pumps/blowers Engine fire extinguishing system Engine alarms Oil pressure & temp gauges
- Deck & Cockpit
- Bimini & dodger (New 2010) Eisenglass enclosure w/ screens (New 2010) Winch covers Bosun's chair Harness Man overboard pole Cockpit cushions Cockpit table Ground tackle: 35# Plow w/ 30' chain & 300' rode, 30# Danforth spare Chain locker Large lazarette aft deck Dinghy davits Motor mount Swim Ladder Fenders & lines Flag halyard Windsurfer/kayak holder Wind sock Spot light Coast Guard safety package Fire extinguishers Life jackets
- Sails & Rigging
- Original main w/ 2 reef points, Club foot staysail, roller furling genoa (2) Two speed Barlow #27 self tailing winches, (1) Barlow #12 staysail, (3) Barlow #16 halyard/reef Boom vang Topping lift Whisker pole Wire standing rigging Dacron running rigging (New 2010)
- Owners personal items not listed here are not a part of this sale. The company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of this vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyers desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
- Available for co-brokerage on a 50/50 basis. Click for more info