- 27 (ft.)
- Hull Material
- Fuel Type
- Engine Model
- 6BT 5.9M
- Number of Engines
- Engine Type
- Engine Hours
Few designs in express cruisers have withstood the test of time as well as the 27 Albin Express with its solid fiberglass hull, seaworthy design, spacious cockpit and convertible interior. The Powerboat Guide describes it best: “This practical cruiser combines comfort, stability, efficiency, in one of the most popular small boats ever produced in the U.S.” With a draft of only 2.5 ft. and a full-length protective keel, this 27 Albin Express is ideal for cruising the ICW or safely exploring your favorite shallow areas to get away from the crowds where others dare not go. When the seas kick-up, her full length keel provides sure-footed tracking.
Junkanoo is a 1992 Hardtop model that has been lightly used, well-maintained and steadily updated. She is well-suited for cruising or fishing, or a little of both, and her reliable and economical Cummins 210hp diesel has low hours and all major service is up-to-date. With new Sunbrella canvas, a Garmin 740S GPS Color Chartplotter and Depth Sounder, ComNav Autopilot, all new water and bilge pumps plus all recommendations from a 2011 survey remedied; this 1992 Albin 27 Express is ready to go cruising since the current owner’s plans have changed.
If you are looking for a turn-key pocket cruiser for weekend getaways and adventures without spending your kid’s inheritance, this 27 Albin Express 1992, is ready to go in comfort and style. Call today to schedule a personal inspection. You won’t be disappointed! Junkanoo is priced to sell!
- Junkanoo offers spacious cockpit and interior space not commonly found on a 27 express yacht. The Cockpit has a fiberglass roof that extends aft behind the helm seat and removable zippered side and aft curtains with vinyl and Sunbrella panels provide a weatherproof enclosure. The aft section of the cockpit is covered by the new Sunbrella Bimini, providing protection from the sun and rain. The aft cockpit has removable benches outboard on each side for use when you have a crowd onboard, or use the 2 folding teak chaise lounge chairs with stylish and plush removable cushions for relaxing during quiet times in your favorite anchorage. Enter the cabin through the companionway of this 1992 Albin 27 Express with a bi-fold teak door and down two teak stairs to a low-maintenance fiberglass cabin sole surrounded with satin-varnished teak cabinetry, doors and drawers. To port is the galley, equipped with all the appliances and storage space above and below the countertop you will need for long weekend cruises. Opposite is the private head with new electric toilet, vanity, sink, storage, opening port, and shower. Aft is a large hanging locker behind a solid varnished teak door with the 110V and 12V Electrical Panels conveniently located above the door next to the companionway. Forward is the full-beam convertible 7’ deep V-berth with removable dinette table, and hinged settee cushioned back-rest that folds up when used as a bed with a storage area forward above the berth. The cabin is well ventilated with 6 side opening ports and a large deck hatch above the berth. Teak shelves around the V-berth and a wall-mounted magazine rack add to the creature comforts and yacht décor you will find in this well-maintained pocket-cruiser. 12V lighting fixtures and 120V outlets, including GFCI outlets, are generously positioned throughout the cabin and head.
- The functional galley of this 27 Albin Express 1992 is to port and features: Two Burner electric/alcohol stove with wooden cutting board cover. SS Sink with H/C water. Top-loading ice-box. Teak-trimmed counter top with folding extension shelf. Varnished teak cabinetry. 2 drawers, a cabinet and storage above counter top.
- Engine & Mechanical
- The diesel engine is located under the helm seat area and is accessed via 3 hinged cockpit floor hatches, although the primary hatch provides full access to easily check or service fluids and the intake sea water strainer. The 6BT 5.9M engine is considered one of the highest-rated long-hour diesel engines made for marine applications. This block is so sturdy that when bored out is capable of producing over 400 HP, so the 210 HP output of this engine found on “Junkanoo” is light duty and low stress. Fuel Consumption is 5.5 gph @ 2200 rpm @ 12-14 knots. Engine exhaust, muffler, fuel, and bilge pump hoses were replaced in 2011 and a high water bilge alarm was installed. Engine oil and all filters were replaced in April 2012. Cummins Diesel 6BT 5.9M, 6-cylinder, 210hp – 1350 hours. ZF Transmission. Racor fuel filter. Grocko bronze sea strainer. Conventional shaft packing gland. Rudder indicator display with new sensor – 2012. 12V Oil Change pump. Hydraulic Steering.
- Deck & Hull
- This well-maintained and updated 1992 Albin 27 Express has a solid fiberglass hull with a full length keel to protect the prop and rudder. The hull was re-painted in 1999. The Sunbrella Bimini was replaced in 2011 and the bottom was sanded, barrier-coated with epoxy and anti-fouling paint applied in April 2011. The deck and cockpit feature: Pilothouse Hardtop and glass windshield with opening vents. Hardtop headliner replaced - 2010. Helm Bench Seat re-upholstered in 2010. Helm side and aft enclosure curtains. Removable cockpit bench seats. Rod and boat hook storage racks under side gunnels. Recessed storage lockers outboard of helm. 4 Cockpit floor hatches for storage and bilge access. Hot and Cold Cockpit shower – 2011. 2 teak chaise lounges with fabric cushions. Folding portable cockpit table. 12 removable scuba tank racks. 4 recessed rod holders. Swim platform. Heavy-duty swim ladder. CQR 20lb. Anchor, chain, and nylon rode. 12V Anchor Windlass. Screens for all opening ports.
- Electronics & Navigation
- The Helm is located forward to starboard and is well-protected by the hardtop with glass windshield and sliding side glass windows. The dashboard includes full analog engine instrumentation, a rudder position indicator display, as well as controls for the remote search-light, and Morse throttle and shift levers. Garmin 740S GPS Color Chartplotter & Depth Sounder – New in 2011. ComNav 1420 Autopilot. Standard Titan VHF Radio. Ritchie Compass. Cummins Engine Instrumentation. Rear view mirror.
- Electrical & Plumbing
- The electrical system of “Junkanoo” is both 120VAC and 12VDC with electrical panels easily accessible above the interior hanging locker near the companionway stairs. The electrical system features: 30A 120VAC Shorepower cord and outlet, 120V Interior GFCI receptacles and breakers. 2 Group 27 12V Batteries. 12V Navigation and interior cabin lighting. 8 gallon water heater. 12V Pressure water pump – 2012 12V Bilge pump – 2012 12V Bilge pump - rebuilt spare - 2012.
- Personal items and any other items found onboard that are not specifically identified in the inventory listing specifications for this vessel are excluded. However, all USCG minimum required safety equipment is included whether specified in the listing or not.
- The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.