- Bridge Clearance
- Hull Material
- Fuel Type
- Engine Model
- Model 55B
- Number of Engines
- Engine Type
- Engine Hours
STOP DREAMING - START SAILING
Here is your chance to own an amazing yacht, in amazing condition at an amazing price.
Robert Perry - One of The Best Designers of Fast Cruising Boats
TaShing - One of the world's best yacht builders
JUST REDUCED $40,000 - Reasonable Offers Encouraged
Every once in a great while, a pedigree boat comes on the brokerage market that stands head and shoulders above the rest. Journey is such a yacht. Here is why...
DESIGN - Journey was designed by Robert Perry, one of the finest designers of performance cruising sailboats who ever lived. Some of his other famous designs includes the Tayana 37, 48 & 52, Valiant 32, 40, 42, 47 & 50, Passport 37, 40, 41, 44, 47 & 50, Baba 30, 35 & 40, CT54, CT56 CT48 & CT65, Tashiba 31, 36 & 40, Lafitte 44 & 66 and the ESPIRIT 37.
CONSTRUCTION - Journey was built by Ta Shing, one of the finest quality boat manufactures in the world. Some of their famous models included Taswell, Sky, Baba, Tashiba, Mason, Mystic, Norseman and they currently build all the Nordhavn motoryachts and motorsailors.
CARE - Journey has enjoyed a history of owners that continually maintained and upgrade her. The current owner lavished Journey with an extensive list of new equipment and she stands ready to begin new adventures with the next family fortunate enough to own her.
VALUE - Many boats are available in this price range, but few, if any, will provide you more boat for your dollar than Journey.
If you are seeking a fast, safe, easy to sail, easy to maintain and comfortable cruising sailboat, invest the time to personally inspect Journey. You will certainly want to begin your own journey with her.
New Westerbeke engine (2005)
New Hull paint with blue boot top stripes by Sterling paint job with two tone deck (10/06)
New Bimini top (2008)
New Dodger (2008)
New Mainsail Fully Battened (2005)
New High Cut Jib for Heavy Weather (2005)
New Mainsail Cover (2008)
New Genoa Cover (2010)
New Air Conditioning (2005)
New Interior Cushions (2005)
New Countertops Galley and Head (2005)
New Engine driven Refrigeration (2009)
New Faucets and Fixtures (2011)
New Heavier 1" Stainless Steel Prop Shaft (New 2011)
New Autostream self Feathering and Reversing Stainless Steel Prop (New 2011)
New Furlex Roller Furling (2011)
New Chain Plates - Double Orginal Thickness - (2011)
New Stainless Steel Life Lines (2011)
|New Interior Lights Changed to LED's (2011)
New Stainless Steel Port (10) (2006)
New Bottom Paint Trinidad (2011)
Cabin Sole Refinished (2013)
- Interior finish lavishly features an abundance of high quality teak staving hardwood and veneers on bulkheads and furniture components trimmed with teak hardwood to provide a very warm and inviting interior. The quality of the workmanship is extraordinary and superior to more contemporary boats., Forward cabin has access to rope locker forward, double berth, storage, pump & seacocks below, seat, lockers, drawers and entry door aft. Cramped forward head was removed in favor of more cabin space Main cabin has settees outboard port and starboard with a table in between. Galley, aft to starboard amidships has storage lockers, drawers, a double stainless steel sink with pressure fresh and manual salt water, top loading insulated box with a Seafrost refrigeration system installed, a Force 10 three burner propane stove with oven. Propane storage for stove is in one painted steel cylinder stored in a segregated, lazarette. The propane system is fitted with a regulator gauge and a 12 volt safety solenoid. Navigators station to starboard aft in main cabin has an opening chart table, electronics, electrical distribution panels lockers. Quarterberth aft, engine access and ladder inboard. Aft cabin to port has a double berth with seacock, water pump, water heater, components of the refrigeration system and storage below, lockers and entry door forward. Head compartment aft to port is the head with shower. The Raritan manual marine toilet discharges either directly overboard or to the holding tank or through the Lectra San USCG type I MSD then discharges directly overboard or to the holding tank. Machinery space central below the cockpit and companionway area.
- Major Upgrades
- New Westerbeke engine (2005) New Hull paint with blue boot top stripes by Sterling paint job with two tone deck (10/06) New Bimini top (2008) New Dodger (2008) New Mainsail Fully Battened (2005) New High Cut Jib for Heavy Weather (2005) New Mainsail Cover (2008) New Genoa Cover (2010) New Air Conditioning (2005) New Interior Cushions (2005) New Countertops Galley and Head (2005) New Engine driven Refrigeration (2009) New Faucets and Fixtures (2011) New Heavier 1" Stainless Steel Prop Shaft (New 2011) New Autostream self Feathering and Reversing Stainless Steel Prop (New 2011) New Furlex Roller Furling (2011) New Chain Plates - Double Orginal Thickness - (2011) New Stainless Steel Life Lines (2011) New Interior Lights Changed to LED's (2011) New Stainless Steel Port (10) (2006) New Bottom Paint Trinidad (2011)
- Hull and Deck Construction
- HULL CONSTRUCTION - Molded, laminate of fiberglass reinforced plastic (FRP) further reinforced with bulkheads and other transverse and longitudinal members bonded to the hull structure. Hull topside finish is painted white with teak rubrails fitted port and starboard. Deck has foam core to increase rigidity and provide thermal and sound insulation. KEELCONSTRUCTION - Cruising fin design molded integral with the hull and ballasted internally. DECK CONSTRUCTION - Molded, cored FRP laminate incorporating the cabin house, foredeck, weather decks, cockpit, coamings and Dorade boxes in one contiguous structure. Contrasting non-skid applied elsewhere where
- SSB - Icom IC-M802 with AT140 automatic antenna tuner and a Pactor modem (New 2009) VHF - Icom IC-M402 and Icom IC-M422 DEPTH - Raytheon ST60 WIND - Raytheon ST60 SPEED - Raytheon ST60 CHARTPLOTTER/ Radar - Garmin 5208 System with Wx and Radar with 6 Chips for Carribean AUTOPILOT - Autohelm 4000 with remote
- Electrical System
- 12 VOLT SYSTEM - Two 4D lead acid 12 volt batteries (New 2012), one group 29 lead acid 12 volt battery, one 4-way parallel/selector switch and one on/off battery switch 110 VOLT SYSTEM - 30 amp shore service with a marine type shore cord and a Xantrex Freedom 2000 inverter/charger. ELECTRICAL PANEL - Circuit breaker protection for all systems in the panels plus analog ac and dc volt meters and ammeters. Freedom remote panel and a digital Blue Seas dc volt meter.
- Deck Features
- GROUND TACKLE - Delta modified plow 230 feet of chain rode. Lofrans Tigress 12 volt windlass with foredeck controls Aluminum bow rail with seat Aluminum stanchions Stainless Steel Life Lines (New 2011) Aluminum stern rail with weather cloths Ten stainless steel framed port lights (2006) Five aluminum framed deck hatches Slotted aluminum toe rails Teak doors, drop boards Two fixed plastic house windows Bowmar watertight cockpit sole hatch Teak cockpit grating Chrome cowl vents Outboard motor hoist Dinghy davits Teak cockpit table Transom boarding ladder Bimini top with dodger
- Spar, Sails and Rigging
- MAST - Isomat extruded aluminum double spreader section stepped to the keel and outfitted with: pole track, rigging, light fixtures, radar scanner, masthead antenna, wind instruments, Windex unit & ion dissipater. BOOM - Extruded aluminum main boom. STANDING RIGGING - Headstay fitted with a Furlex roller furling system, 8mm insulated backstay, two 8mm upper shrouds, two 7mm intermediate shrouds, and four 8mm lower shrouds constructed of 1 X 19 stainless steel wire rope with primarily swage type terminal ends. RUNNING RIGGING - Harken main sheet traveler, solid boom vang, and braided line of a size to suit other applications. Sailtech hydraulic backstay adjuster. WINCHES - One Lewmar #42ST and one #44ST on the cabin top forward of the cockpit, a pair each of Lewmar 44ST’s and #55ST’s on the cockpit coamings. SAILS - Full Batten, loose footed main with three reef points. overlapping Genoa. Rolly Tasker cruising spinnaker with sock
- WATER MAKER - Spectra 150 gallon per day. AIR CONDITIONING - Cruisair 12,000 BTU marine central system ENGINE - Westerbeke Model 55B four, four cylinder, 133 cubic inch displacement marine diesel developing a reported 55 horsepower @ 3,000 r.p.m. FUEL LINES/FILTERS - Primarily neoprene with an in-line 12 volt fuel pump with an on demand switch & a Racor filter / separator. EXHAUST - Dry loop at manifold with water injection fitting, double clamped hose connecting a FRP muffler and discharge fitting in the transom. COOLING - Fresh water heat exchange system with a bronze sea water strainer MOUNTING - Soft mounts bolted steel angle that is bolted to laminated beds. GEARBOX - Transmission Marine (Formerly a Borg Warner Velvet Drive) model TMT9570, 2:1 ratio marine gear. Direct coupled to a Walter V-Drive reduction gear (no data tag on V drive) GAUGES - Tachometer with hour meter, volt meter, water temperature and oil pressure. SHAFT - 1" stainless steel. AIR CONDITIONING - Cruisair 12,000 BTU marine central system
- The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
- Joe Zammataro Certified Professional Yacht Broker Most brokers work from 9 to 5. I work for you from start to finish, so call me anytime. Call: (727) 527-2800 Write: Joe@JoeZam.com Read: www.JoeZam.com Skype: Joe.Zammataro Click Here to Explore My Personal Website Contact Listing Broker JOE ZAMMATARO, CPYB CALL ME NOW! EMAIL ME NOW! CLICK HERE for More High Resolution Pictures of this boat Visit the following Links to my website. Click Here For Helpful How To... Guides Click Here to See More Feature Brokerage Yachts Click Here to Visit Denison Yacht Sales Website Denison History For over 30 years, I have helped clients realize their boating dreams. I'd like to help you too. With extensive experience as a sailor, boat builder, yacht broker, businessman and a proven negotiator, I will provide you with sound advice and representation. You will find my practical experience and broad product knowledge insightful in comparing and evaluating yachts you are considering. If your goal is to sell your boat, my sales and marketing experience will help you to sell your boat quickly, for the most dollars possible and have the process be hassle free. A s one of a only 125 of the 3700 licensed brokers in Florida to qualify as a Certified Professional Yacht Broker (CPYB), you will be assured of honest and accurate representation and that your interests are always protected. I have worked diligently to help hundreds of my clients buy or sell either power or sailing yachts. Many of my clients have become lifelong friends. I’d like the opportunity to earn that relationship with you. Do you have a nice boat over 35' and over $100,000 that you'd like to sell? Call me to discuss how we may help each other. We also have slips available at a discounted rate. Put the power of Denison Yacht Sales leading edge marketing campaign and me to work for you. Joe Zammataro, CPYB Certified Professional Yacht Broker Call: (727) 527-2800 Write: Joe@JoeZam.com Read: www.JoeZam.com Fax: (800) 470-7906 Skype: joe.zammataro Email Me