- 42 (ft.)
- Bridge Clearance
- Hull Material
- Fuel Type
- Engine Model
- Number of Engines
- Engine Type
- Engine Hours
Overtime is an outstanding example of a super-clean, well-maintained and updated shoal-draft 42 Catalina Mk II Sloop 1996 that has a “Bristol” 3-Stateroom 2-Head interior, Schaefer Boom Furler, like-new sails, a low-hour 5.7Kw Mase Diesel GenSet with low hours, full cockpit enclosure, Lippincott hard dodger, and a full suite of integrated Raymarine and Autohelm electronics.
Equipped with the desirable 50 HP Yanmar diesel in a spotless engine room, four 4D heavy duty batteries, new in 2012, totalling 844 Amp Hours, with an 1800W pure sine-wave inverter, over-size charger systems, a 9' West Marine inflatable roll-up dinghy with 3.3 HP Mariner outboard, 12V electric Multi-purpose Lewmar 40 ST Winch, 5 other Lewmar ST-2 speed winches, Overtime is well-equipped and ready to go cruising.
If you are looking for a fast, stable and comfortable racer/cruiser that can take you anywhere you point your bow; this 1996 Catalina 42 Mk II will not disappoint. Call today to schedule a personal inspection.
- The 42 Catalina MK II 1996 sloop has an incredibly large cockpit and voluminous interior, compared to any other monohull in its class. Overtime’s nearly 14 foot wide beam is carried far aft providing ample room for her two private aft staterooms, each with queen berths under the cockpit. Enter the companionway through two custom varnished hinged teak hatch doors, down the four teak trimmed molded hinged stairs which lift and provide easy access to the engine room and you will find beautifully-maintained high-gloss teak and holley floors, honey-colored satin-varnished teak cabinetry, and a décor that will confirm you are on one of the best-loved and cared-for Catalina 42’s on the market. Always air conditioned and de-humidified, Overtime has no odors or blemishes and shows “as new.” Aft, to either side of the companionway are solid teak doors leading to the two private air-conditioned aft staterooms each with varnished teak hull liner, an opening port under hinged cockpit seats, a fixed port outboard, a queen berth, a cushioned dressing seat, cedar-lined hanging locker, storage below, plus shelf storage outboard of each berth. To starboard of the companionway is the Guest Head with fresh-water plumbed toilet, vanity, sink and pull-out faucet/shower. Opposite to port is the Nav/Laptop Station with chart table, storage over and under. The AC/DC electrical panels are conveniently located above the Nav Table, in addition to the TankWatch, electrical system monitoring displays and wiring for a laptop computer to interface with onboard navigation electronics. A small TV is located behind a cabinet above the Nav table. Forward of the Nav Station is the U-shaped convertible Dinette with storage cabinets outboard, a varnished teak table with filler cushion to convert into a double bed, and a fixed bench seat with storage drawers under it accessible from the galley. Opposite to starboard at mid-ships is the well-appointed galley, with Adler-Barbour Super Cold Machine water-cooled refrigeration in top and side access refrigerator/freezer with racks, built-in microwave, 3-burner propane stove with oven, double SS sinks, plenty of storage cabinets, drawers, and countertop space. Galley-ware conveys with the inventory so you only need to stop at the grocery store to be ready for your first cruise onboard Overtime . Moving forward is the private Master Suite with a solid teak door separating it from the salon, Pullman berth to port with storage under and outboard. To starboard, the Master Suite has a cedar-lined hanging locker aft, a cushioned dressing seat with a cabinet outboard and drawer below, and a bank of 5 large dresser drawers forward. Through a sliding solid teak door forward is the Master Head, with fresh-water electric toilet to port, vanity and sink to starboard, and separate shower stall in the forepeak. Forward of the shower stall is a hinged door providing access to a rope locker with excellent access to mechanical and electrical systems under the deck-level anchor locker above.
- The large Galley is well-equipped for extended cruising and features: 12V Adler-Barbour Super Cold Machine water-cooled refrigeration. Top and side-access Refrigerator/Freezer. Microwave oven. Princess 3-burner SS propane stove with oven. Fireboy Xintex S-2A Propane Detector and Controller Double SS sinks. Plenty of storage cabinets and drawers. H/C Pressure water. 11 gal. hot water heater.
- Engine & Mechanical
- 4JH2E Yanmar 50HP Diesel with 1280 Hours (as of 9/12), Max-Prop feathering 3-blade prop. Complete Engine Instrumentation at Helm. Racor Fuel Filter.
- Deck & Hull
- The large cockpit has a Sunbrella Bimini with zip-on side curtains and removable connector section that attaches to the upgraded Lippincott hard dodger with vinyl clear windshield panels. Other features of the deck and hull are: Bottom of hull epoxy barrier-coated in 2000. Cockpit vinyl cushions. Custom helm seat, (plus original molded arched seat). 9’ West Marine Inflatable Roll-up Dinghy - 2002. 3.3 HP Mariner Outboard Motor - 2002 (approx.50hrs). Cockpit table with two folding leafs & storage in middle. Walk-through transom & integrated swim-platform w. SS ladder. Twin raised seats in aft corners of cockpit w. rail cushions. Custom Teak & Smoked Plexi Companionway Doors. Custom Lippincott Hard Dodger w. red/white 12V lights above companionway. Zip-out vinyl windshield & side curtains. Sunbrella Bimini with Dodger Connector & Side Curtain Enclosure. Sunbrella Binnacle cover. Custom set of code flags for “dressing ship.” Sunbrella covers and insect screens for all hatches. Twin cockpit self-draining propane lockers. Deep cockpit storage lazarette aft stbd. 2 Nicro SS Solar Deck Vents. LifeSling M.O.B. System. Maxwell 12V electric Windlass in recessed anchor locker. 45 lb. CQR Anchor with 200 ft. of 5/16 in. chain. Spare Danforth 20# Anchor with 200 ft. of ¾ in. nylon rode & 30 ft. of 3/16 in. chain. Deck wash-down spigot in anchor locker – fresh or sea water.
- Navigation & Electronics
- The GPS, Radar, Autopilot, wind speed/direction, and depth displays on Overtime are interfaced and the Nav Station is wired for a laptop computer (laptop not included with inventory) with The Cap’n navigation software to interface with the onboard electronics systems. Raymarine SL70C Radar/GPS/ Chartplotter. Captain & C-Map Software for SE U.S. Nav Table wired for Laptop Computer. Questus self-leveling Radome mount. Autohelm ST 6000 Autopilot with remote control. Raymarine ST60 Wind Machine display. Autohelm Digital Depth display. Autohelm Digital Speed/Log/Water temp display. 2 Autohelm Digital NavData/Track Displays (repeater at Nav Station). Apelco VHF radio w. remote speaker. Jensen JSM96 Stereo CD/AM/FM System with Bose Speakers. Standard Horizon Cockpit Stereo Speakers. Ritchie Powerdamp Binnacle Compass.
- Electrical Systems
- The electrical system onboard this 1996 Catalina 42 MK II sloop is configured to run all systems, including the A/C, whether at the dock, underway or relaxing at your favorite overnight anchorage. Mase 5.7KW Generator in a sound shield – 195 hours. 2 CruiseAir A/C reverse heat 16K BTU & 10K BTU w. Digital Controllers. 120VAC & 12VDC electrical breaker panels with V & Amp Displays. 1800W Statpower true sine-wave inverter. Statpower Pro-Sine digital Inverter display. Link 10 digital battery monitor display. Four Interstate CCA 1000 Extra Heavy Duty 4D-XHD batteries totaling 844 AH -New in September 2012. Statpower 30A smart battery charger. Balmar 100A alternator with smart regulator. Temperature sensors for batteries and regulator. Electronic zinc-guard grounding protection system. Tri-color Masthead light. External grounding plate for electronics. Carbon Monoxide detectors in all cabins. Upgraded reading lights. 2 TankWatch monitoring systems. Rule high water bilge alarm & back-up float switch. Four GFCI 120V Outlets. 12V Socket outlets.
- Sails and Rigging
- The sails and rigging of this 1996 Catalina 42 MK II Sloop have been continuously upgraded to make sailing easy and comfortable for a cruising couple so Overtime is ready to go cruising without further investment. All lines are led aft to the cabintop in the cockpit to sheet stoppers and the centrally-positioned 12V Lewmar 40 Self-Tailing winch can be used to haul in nearly any line on this yacht. Schaefer Furling Boom – 2007. Knighton Mainsail – 2007. Knighton Genoa – 2004. Schaefer 3000 Headsail Roller Furler. 2 Primary Lewmar 54 ST-2 speed winches. 2 Secondary Lewmar 40 ST-2 speed winches. 12V Electric Lewmar 40 ST multi-purpose Halyard Winch. Lewmar 40 ST-2 speed winch on port cabin top. 9 sheet stoppers on cabintop. Portable re-chargeable electric WinchRite winch handle – 2012. Forespar aluminum Whisker Pole. Adjustable spinnaker pole car & track on mast. SS Solid Vang on Boom. SparTite mast sealing system. Garhauer traveler car.
- Personal items are excluded and all other items not specifically identified in the listing inventory. However, all USCG minimum required safety equipment found on the vessel is included, whether specified or not.
- The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.