- 36 (ft.)
- Hull Material
- Fuel Type
- Engine Model
- Number of Engines
- Engine Hours
Designer Mark Ellis hit another home run when he unveiled his Blue Star 36’ Mark II. She still boasts that stunning Down East appearance but has a roomier interior with many nice upgrades. This fine yacht shows off its Mark II style offering a centerline berth forward, large head, separate stall shower, Galley down to port and a comfortable sitting area to Starboard with a convertible L- shaped settee. The spacious salon is tastefully decorated and incorporates the helm to Starboard and companion seat to port as well as a comfortable L-shaped settee with custom table. The Captain and guest are afforded excellent visibility with the large windows that surround the entire area. The comfort of this yacht is not only felt with its amenities but also with the excellent ride and maneuverability her Deep-V hull provides. She is powered with the upgraded Yanmar 370 HP engines that can cruise her economically and effortlessly at 24 knots. Commissioned and delivered to her only owners in the spring of 2006 she has always been afforded the best of care by her knowledgeable owners with an open check book. Recent 2012 upgrades include new Flag Blue Awl grip hull, window frames Awl griped, all bright work stripped and sealed with Epoxy sealer and finished with Albright plus for a long lasting maintenance free finish. Complete interior and exterior detail including the teak swim platform. If you are in the market for a Down East cruiser this fine yacht is turn-key ready and awaiting the change of command.
- VESSEL WALKTHROUGH
- Starting forward is the spacious private Master Stateroom with centerline berth and private access to the head. Moving aft to Port is the head with vanity and across to Starboard is the separate shower. Continuing aft to Starboard is the lower deck salon with a convertible L-shaped settee and entertainment center. Across to port is the U-shaped fully equipped galley. Up three stairs and aft is the spacious main Salon which incorporates the helm forward to Starboard. Exiting aft thru the varnished teak door is the cockpit that offers both forward and aft seating as well as access to the wide side decks.
- MAIN SALON
- The Main salon incorporates the helm forward to Starboard and has a double helm seat with back and footrest. The entire area is comfortable and spacious with large windows surrounding the complete area that offer excellent visibility for the Captain and guest to enjoy the vistas while aboard. The center windshield lower portion opens and aft side windows slide and have screens as well as the window in the aft bulkhead. A custom-built companion helm seat is to port with back and footrest and is followed by an L-shaped settee with excellent storage under. Both settees and helm seats are comfortable and are tastefully upholstered in navy blue Sunbrella with red piping. A varnished teak-inlaid table offers plenty of space for dining or activities while aboard. This Salon area and living spaces below are finished in the Herreschoff tradition with satin varnished teak, teak trim, polished white fiberglass and light Corian counters that make the interior extremely bright and airy. Varnished teak and holly sole, teak trim and the solid teak cabinetry are found throughout the interior. Access to the aft cockpit is provided by a varnished teak door to Starboard. Helm with full instrumentation Air-conditioning reverse cycle with heat 360 Degree Visibility 12V lighting 110V lighting Companionway to Galley and amenities below. Varnished Hinged Teak Navigation Table w/Chart Storage Underneath Varnished Teak & Holly Cabin Sole Overhead Teak Grab Rail Hinged Engine Room Compartment access Teak Storage/Utility Box LOWER LEVEL SALON Opposite the Galley is the comfortable lower Salon area that has an L- shaped settee which easily converts to a double berth. This area is a nice getaway to watch TV or read when other guests are onboard. Air-conditioning reverse cycle with heat 110V Electrical panel 12V electrical panel Storage shelf above settee 12V reading light aft bulkhead Opening port with screen Magnavox flat screen TV mounted on the forward bulkhead
- The U- shaped Galley is down to Port and is well equipped to please the chef while aboard. Easy access, plenty of counter space and storage make it easy to prepare a full meal or snacks while cruising. There is a side opening port with screen and two overhead lights. Polished double Stainless steel sink Single lever faucet Hot and cold pressure water Corian countertops 2-burner Force 10 propane stove Sylvania microwave oven Isotherm refrigerator w/freezer Storage in cabinets above, below and in the large drawer under the stovetop. Air-conditioning reverse cycle with heat 110V receptacles 12V lighting
- MASTER STATEROOM
- The private Master Stateroom is very spacious and located forward with teak Bi-fold door to companionway. The Centerline berth is large and comfortable so a good night’s sleep is easily achieved. Private access to the head is provided from a bi-fold teak door to port aft. Storage space is excellent with two drawers under the berth. Two louver door lockers each side above the berth, shelf storage, and a large hanging locker. Air-conditioning with reverse cycle heat Opening overhead hatch with screen Two 12V overhead lights Two opening ports each side with screens Two Chrome reading lights forward bulkhead
- The large separate Head is to Port and the separate stall shower is across the companionway to Starboard. This unique feature is wonderful as it gives you the ability to utilize both amenities at once and a dry head while aboard. The head has access doors to the Master stateroom and the companionway. The shower is accessed from the door in the companionway. Head: Polished stainless steel sink with faucet. Hot and cold pressure water Vanity with Corian counter top, linen and toiletries storage Mirror over vanity VacuFlush head Opening overhead hatch with screen Opening port with screen 12V overhead light Shower: Overhead/hand held shower head Hot and cold pressure water Teak bench seat 12V overhead light Opening overhead hatch with screen Opening side port with screen
- HULL AND DECK
- The hull and deck construction of the 36’ Mark II Blue Star are excellent in quality of build and fit and finish. The hull has just been done with new Flag Blue Awl Grip and the white boot stripe was done also. All Varnished teak grab rails, cap rails and trim were completely stripped and brought back with epoxy sealer and finished with Albright plus for longevity and low maintenance. The cabin, hardtop, cockpit, side decks and foredecks are all white fiberglass with contrasting Awl Grip non-skid on the hardtop and decks. The entire exterior was just completely detailed and sealed with a five step process. The swim platform is teak and was just refinished and sealed. All window frames were refinished in White Awl Grip. The bottom and running gear has just been sanded and two coats of new anti-fouling paint applied. The cockpit is very spacious and offers plenty of seating and storage. Access to the bow is provided by wide side decks and stainless steel handholds sensibly placed each side of the port and starboard steps leading from the cockpit. There are also additional handholds, port and starboard by the cabin windows, and a heavy duty stainless bow rail outboard. This Yacht shows in as new condition and will certainly make a lasting impression when you see her. Enclosed Pilothouse with solid Aft Bulkhead & Locking Teak Door White Fiberglass Decks with Non-Skid Awl grip on Foredeck, Side Decks and Cockpit detailed 07-2012 Varnished Teak Exterior Trim (Hardtop Handrails, Cabin top Handrails, Cap rails, Cockpit Coaming, Cabin Door) refinished 07-2012 Stern Bench Seat w/Storage Underneath & Sunbrella Cushion Aft Facing Seats w/Storage Underneath & Sunbrella Cushions Teak Swim Platform refinished 07-2012 Swim Ladder Flag Blue Awl Grip 07-2012 Lewmar Electric Windlass Windlass w/ Foredeck Controls 35# Suncor Polished S/S Anchor w/Chain & Rode on Bow Pulpit Roller Teak Bowsprit w/Anchor Roller Fortress FX-18 Anchor w/Chain & Rode in Starboard Chain Locker White Awl gripped Aluminum Radar Mast Custom Welded Oversize Bow rail Extending Aft To Cockpit Stainless Steel Handhold By Cabin Door (4) Stainless Steel Handholds, Port & Starboard by Cockpit Steps 2) Stainless Steel Handholds By Windows (6) Stainless Steel Mooring Cleats (4) Chromed Toe Rail Chocks (4) Varnished Teak Grab rails (Cabin Top & Hardtop) Lewmar Deck Hatches (3) Lewmar Anodized Aluminum Opening Overhead Hatches (6) Lewmar Opening Side Ports White Awl Gripped Aluminum Windshield 07-2012 Vinyl Rub Rail w/SS Half Round 3/16&rdquo SS Deck & Hardware Fittings 3 Windshield Wipers Hot & Cold Cockpit Shower Cockpit Courtesy Lights Helmdeck Textalene Windshield and Window Covers (4) Life Jackets Docklines, Fenders Fire Extinguishers in Cabin & Cockpit USCG Safety Package Varnished Teak Flagstaff & Ensign Chrome Burgee Staff Boathook
- ELECTRONICS AND HELM
- The helm station and center for command is located on the Starboard side forward in the Salon/Helm deck. The helm has excellent 360 degree visibility for the Captain and crew. A double wide custom helm seat is comfortable and offers storage. A custom companion helm seat is to Port in front of the navigation table. Full instrumentation and electronics offer ease for navigation and security while cruising. Furuno 1834 CNT Color Radar/GPS/Chart plotter Furuno 10&rdquo Navnet VX2 Display Furuno 511 Navpilot Autopilot w/Remote Standard Horizon Quantum SX 2360 S VHF Radio Standard Horizon Matrix VHF Radio Side Power Bow Thruster w/Joystick Control (2009) Morse Single Lever Controls Glendenning Engine Synchronizer Bennett Trim Tabs Engine Meters, Controls w/ Engine Emergency Stops Windlass Controls Engine Alarms Danforth Compass
- Once again the true Bruckman quality materials and craftsmanship shine aboard this fine yacht. All the onboard electrical systems are well placed and wiring runs secured and labeled. 12V and 120V electrical systems 12V DC breaker panel 110V AC breaker pane 12V lighting 110V lighting 110V GFCI receptacles 30 Amp Battery Charger (4) Heavy Duty Marine Gel Cell 4D Batteries in Battery Boxes 30 Amp Shore Power Cord Prep For Generator
- ENGINE DETAILS & MECHANICAL EQUIPMENT
- With her Deep-V hull and upgraded dependable and economical Yanmar 370 HP engines the 36’ Bruckman Blue Star was built to please the true yachting enthusiast. She will cruise effortlessly and economically at 24 knots or when you need the extra push she will top out at 30 knots. Maneuverability is excellent with here pocketed hull design underway and around the docks with the addition of her Side Power bow thruster. All onboard systems show the true Bruckman quality materials and craftsmanship. Twin Yanmar 370 HP FWC Diesels, Approx 510 Hrs. Morse Single Lever Throttle and Gear Shift Controls Full engine instrumentation Engine alarm system Fire system Flexible Engine Mounts Raw Water Cooled Exhausts and mufflers (2) 1 ½ Aqua net Propeller Shafts with Zinc Anodes Drip less Shaft Seals Bronze Shaft Struts & Rudders Raw Water Intakes with Strainers Hydraulic Steering Dual Density Engine Sound Insulation 4-Blade Bronze Propellers Dual Racor Fuel Filters Bennett Trim Tabs (2) 10,000 BTU Cruise Air Reverse/Cycle Air-conditioning units (2) SMX Digital Controls (3) 12V Electric Bilge Pumps with float Switches (1000 GPH) Manual Bilge Pumps VacuFlush Marine Head 40 Gallon Holding Tank with overboard discharge & 12V Macerator Rigid Color Coded PVC Plumbing Hot water heater
- BROKERS COMMENTS
- This 36’ Bruckmann Blue Star Mark II is a rare find as she is the only one available on the market and I will assure you she is the nicest available Down East Yacht in here class among her competitors. I have been fortunate to work with her knowledgeable owners overseeing her many recent upgrades that put her apart from the rest in her class. She is in true turn-key condition and awaiting the change of command. Her sellers are downsizing and may be open to quality smaller trades.
- The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.