- 77 (ft.)
- Hull Material
- Fuel Type
- Engine Model
- Allison GM 6-71
- Number of Engines
- Engine Type
Designed by Don Brooke, built in New Zealand in 1982, ALTAIR is a ketch rigged luxury sailing yacht with expedition and extended world cruising potential. She has steel hull construction and 50 ton displacement. Her five well appointed staterooms are finished in high gloss varnished mahogany, and there are teak and holly floors in the pilothouse and galley. She is outfitted to be safe and comfortable. Long range cruising equipment includes a 175hp Detroit 6-71 diesel, 20 KW Northern Lights generator, Lima 20 KW cruising generator off main engine, hydraulic bow thruster, reverse cycle air conditioning, water maker, complete navigation equipment and electronics. Spars, superstructure and hull were Awlgripped in 2004, Lexan windows (2004) and all major deck hardware was re-chromed. She is in excellent condition!
**OWNER WILLING TO TRADE FOR REAL ESTATE OR VESSEL***
- Visit Ardell Website
- If you would like to see a video of ALTAIR running please go to ourwebsite and click on Videos. Altair is the first vessel on the right column.
- The substantial beauty of ALTAIR is apparent as one enters the pilothouse which has elegant paneled mahogany with teak and holly floor, all finished with a high gloss. Two large settees opposite one another afford eye-level views via large windows. The large unencumbered floor space and exceptional headroom make entertaining in the pilothouse a real treat. The equally spacious and elegant main/dining salon, with its uniquely high ceiling and high-gloss mahogany paneling, features L-shaped settees, table to starboard and a service bar starboard aft. The galley is separated by a service bar with leaded-glass cabinets. The interior design work was done by a noted Northwest interior designer. Guest accommodations are provided for eight guests in four comfortable staterooms, each with head and shower. The full-beam master stateroom, aft, has a queen berth, settee, built-in desk, private head with shower, TV, VCR, CD player/stereo system and two hanging lockers with indirect lighting. Two guest staterooms are located aft. Each has a double berth with storage underneath, hanging locker and ensuite head with shower. A third guest stateroom with ensuite head and shower is forward of the main salon on the starboard side. Sleeping accommodations are in an upper berth and extra wide lower berth. The crew cabin with upper/lower berths and head is all the way forward. A hatch provides access to the foredeck and utility room with clothes washer and two dryers. Besides the elegance of ALTAIR, there are the appreciated qualities of workable space, such as the stand-up engine room with large work bench and incredible storage space throughout.
- 220V front load cold plate refrigerator Large top load cold plate freezer Braun trash compactor Granite countertops 5/16 teak and holly sole with high gloss finish Jenn-Air wall-mounted oven Dacor 30 black halogen cook top Exhaust fan Westinghouse dishwasher Microwave oven Double stainless steel sink with hot and cold pressure water Instant hot/cold water faucet with carbon filter
- Hull and Deck
- The entire hull and superstructure, including bulwarks, cabin, main and mizzen masts, were repainted in 2004 with Awlgrip. The entire cap rail was removed for inspection, repaired and repainted. Teak deck overall All dorade cowlings, window frames and cleats re-chromed Lexan windows All outside bright work re-varnished Complete maintenance and repaint of chain locker and lazarette New exterior cushions around aft seating and around cockpit area Folding leaf cockpit table DBC / Zodiac 6-person life raft, double floor with canopy Flush removable life raft mounts Stainless steel stern davits 1,000 lb. capacity Bruce 110# anchor with 600' chain Anchor chain wash down Lighthouse stainless steel 24 volt anchor windlass (2) EPIRBs Custom stainless steel bow roller Clock and barometer Complete canvas: spray dodger, hatch, winch, pedestal & sail covers New stainless steel wire lifelines (2) 50' shore power cords (220V 50 amp) 75 Lb. Fortress anchor with rode Marquip boarding ladder
- Electronics and Navigation Equipment
- Simrad/Nobletec radar Furuno 24-mile radar Furuno GPS/plotter Wagner autopilot with remote ICOM 302 VHF radio ICOM SSB 48 channel radio Kenwood 4305 SSB radio Big Bay computer Dual screen display with Nobletec worldwide charts B & G instrumentation with repeaters Stereo system
- Electrical System
- 110V, 220V AC electrical system 12V DC generator start system Inverter Battery chargers 24V, 12V DC electrical system Northern Lights 20 KW genset New water pump New starter New fuel pump
- Engine/Mechanical Equipment
- Detroit Diesel/Allison engine, 175 hp Model: GM 6-71 Vacuum flush heads Hydraulic system with bow thruster & generator drive Lube oil transfer system with fresh lube oil tank Wagner wheel steering Additional freezer/refrigerator (forward) Fuel filter Halon fire extinguisher Bilge/waste pump system (2) Cruisaire air conditioners (2) Station pneumatic single lever engine controls Hundested feathering propeller New paint in all bilge areas HRO 500 gal/day water maker New 40 gallon hot water heater Fuel oil filter, select transfer system (5) Portable CO2 fire extinguishers Seals for main engine Air conditioner added to galley Stand-up engine room with large work bench
- Sails & Rigging
- New full batten mainsail & mizzen sail with lazy jack system Yankee roller furling Roller furling Genoa Storm jib Staysail Aluminum main & mizzen masts Jiffy reefing system on main Halyards All standing and running rigging 3100 Shaefer furler 4100 Shaefer furler Navtec boom vang Winches (all self-tailing) Maxwell #34 main winch Maxwell #26 mizzen winch Lewmar staysail winch (2) Barlow #36 electric winches Maxwell #28 main winch (2) #55 Lewmar halyard winches Maxwell halyard winch All winches on main & mizzen, including two primary aft winches, re-chromed (2004)
- Designed by Don Brooke, built in New Zealand in 1982, ALTAIR is a ketch rigged luxury sailing yacht with expedition and extended world cruising potential. She has steel hull construction and 50 ton displacement. Her five well appointed staterooms are finished in high gloss varnished mahogany, and there are teak and holly floors in the pilothouse and galley. She is outfitted to be safe and comfortable. Long range cruising equipment includes a 175hp Detroit 6-71 diesel, 20 KW Northern Lights generator, Lima 20 KW cruising generator off main engine, hydraulic bow thruster, reverse cycle air conditioning, water maker, complete navigation equipment and electronics. Spars, superstructure and hull were Awlgripped in 2004, Lexan windows (2004) and all major deck hardware was re-chromed. She is in excellent condition!
- Owner's personal effects are excluded from the sale.
- Specifications and details of this vessel are provided in good faith for informational purposes only. Data regarding the specifications, operating characteristics, and condition of the vessel was obtained from sources believed to be reliable but is not guaranteed by owner or brokers. Buyer assumes responsibility to verify all speeds, capacities, consumptions and other measurements contained herein and otherwise provided and agrees to instruct his agent or surveyor to confirm such details prior to purchase. Vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price and inventory changes and withdrawl from market without notice.
- Please contact Brian Hermann for additional information or to schedule an appointment: Office 954.525.7637 Mobile 954.993.4195 Email firstname.lastname@example.org