- 70 (ft.)
- Bridge Clearance
- Hull Material
- Fuel Type
- Engine Model
- Number of Engines
- Engine Hours
WIRED has had extensive mechanical upgrades. Only 530 hours on completely rebuilt engines. No hours on the newly rebuilt transmissions. Plus her port and starboard water tanks have been replaced, her metal exhaust mufflers were replaced with custom fiberglass mufflers, four new Cruisair units also added. The major work on engines was completed in Fort Lauderdale in 2008 and receipts are available. The transmissions were rebuilt in January 2013, receipts available. New GPS units were installed in 2008 and her thru-hulls were replaced. New house and starting batteries and a new battery charger installed in 2012. She is stabilized and has a bow thruster and cockpit controls.
This four stateroom cockpit motoryacht is one of Hatteras' loveliest designs. With the slight shear and high bow, the heavily built yacht has a salty, small ship profile with expansive interior and exterior spaces. WIRED's salty appearance is complemented by her light gray hull, black cove stripe and white topsides. The covered, wide sidedecks provide protection from the weather as well as personal protection for the entire family and pets. The ability to close off the aft sundeck from the cockpit also provides safety for small children and pets. Originally a 64, an extremely useful cockpit has been added and includes a safe, convenient entrance to the huge engine room.
Having a very realistic owner, this boat has been priced for an immediate sale. She can be easily seen in New Bern, NC. Serviced by Delta and USAirways, the Coastal Carolina airport provides fly-in, fly-out service to many US destinations. However, we recommend at least an overnight stay in this lovely, historical town bordered on two sides by the Neuse and Trent rivers. No rental car necessary. Interested parties will be picked up at the airport for the 5 minute ride to the Hilton marina. Hotels, restaurants and shopping are all within walking distance.
- WIRED is a VERY spacious vessel. Starting forward, a staircase from the pilothouse leads to a private stateroom that can serve as crew quarters. This stateroom has an upper double berth, under single berth, table, seating area and full head. All heads on WIRED are vacuflush. Aft of the pilothouse is the dedicated galley, separate from the salon for privacy and entertaining. The salon is an open, airy room with silhouette shades and teak double doors leading to the large aft deck. The aft sundeck sports navy blue upholstered settee and a teak and holly varnished dining table, wet bar and teak sole. Just a few steps down from the aft deck is the convenient cockpit and entrance to the capacious engine room with laundry center. The cockpit has a transom door that opens to a large teak, grated swim platform. Spiral steps with courtesy lights lead from the port, forward corner of the salon to the private staterooms. Below there is a hall (with a large linen closet) from which the master, twin stateroom and single stateroom are accessed. Each stateroom has an ensuite head. The head that serves the twin stateroom also has a door to the hall and can be used as a day head. The flybridge is accessed from the pilothouse and is quite large. The helm area is covered by a bimini. Behind the helm is a folding radar arch followed by seating and a dingy deck with port and starboard davits as well as dinghy and wave runner chocks.
- Updated from original galley Blue African granite GE Profile Ceran 4 burner ceramic stovetop GE "eye level" full size oven Maytag microwave oven Hotpoint 120 volt AC refrigerator/freezer with ice maker and in-door water and ice dispenser Kitchen Aid trash compactor GE dishwasher Large SS single basin sink with removable wand sprayer Over and under countertop storage Large, screened opening port provides ventilation and plenty of natural light
- The large salon has an even larger feel because of the double doors that open to the spacious aft deck. Large windows on either side of the salon provide plenty of light while the silhouette shades provide privacy. Two bamboo easy chairs with ottomans Leather sofa with storage compartments Burled wood buffett Sony Bravia flat screen TV Bose sound system Silhouette shades Double doors to aft deck Bronze ship's clock
- Two Garmin GPSmap 4212, 2008 Furuno 72 mile radar Naiad stabilizer controls Bow thruster controls Floscans Icom IC-M700 SSB Northstar 951X GPS B&G depthsounder Raytheon loudhailer ICOM IC-M504 VHF with distress feature Windlass controls Horizon Titan VHF Ritchie compass Rudder angle indicator High water and engine alarms Engine room blower Chart drawers Brass chronometer and ship's clock Port and starboard sliding doors Teak sole Electrical panels
- Flybridge, Bow, Cockpit
- Garmin GPSmap 4212, integrated with PH, FB Northstar 951 GPS, FB Engine synchronizers, FB Simrad autopilot, FB Bow thruster controls, FB Naiad stabilizer controls, FB Windlass controls, FB B&G depthsounder, FB Rudder angle indicater, FB Ritchie compass, FB ICOM IC-M422 VHF, FB Sony sound system, FB Sony speakers, FB Folding radar mast, FB Port and starboard davits, FB Dinghy and wave runner chocks, FB Seating with cushions, FB Teak storage cabinet, FB Storage lockers, FB Dunnage boxes, FB Safety rails, FB 8 man liferaft with hydrostatic release, 2008, last serviced in 2010, FB Plath electric windlass, Bow 6 fender holders, Bow 2 dunnage boxes, Bow Bow seats Hatch, Bow ICOM VHF aft cockpit in locker beside cockpit controls
- Aft Sundeck
- Upholstered seating Teak dining table, seats 6 to 8 Teak wet bar Spirits locker Teak sole Double doors to salon Companionway with teak steps to aft cockpit, can be closed off for the safety of children and pets Sliding side windows with screens Teak wing doors
- Engine and Mechanical
- Detroit 8V92, 530 hours SMOH 2008, 650hp Two 20k Northern Light generators, 5484 hrs port, 5107 hrs stbd Twin disc V transmissions, rebuilt 2013 2008 new custom fiberglass exhaust mufflers installed Offshore marine watermaker, 500 gpd, not proven but worked well when last used 50 gallon emergency fuel tank under cockpit Spare props, reconditioned Spare shaft Walker Air Seps 7 Cruiseair units, 4 new in 2008, new control board and A/C pump 2012 Work bench with tool chest Sears Air compressor Glendenning engine synchronizer Freshwater cooling systems Lube oil transfer system Vaculflush heads Emergency engine stops AC and DC distribution panel Bennett trim tabs Raw water sea strainers Auto/manual bilge pumps Hot water heater Holding tank with deck pumpout and overboard pumpout with macerator Hynautic wheel steering SMX digital A/C controls Macerator pump Dual racor fuel filters (engines and gensets) Naiad stabilizers Hydraulic throttles Bow thruster
- Master Stateroom
- King berth Two cedar line closets 22 storage drawers 6 storage cabinets Safe Flatscreen TV Two opening ports Bedside tables Reading lamps Ensuite head with tub/shower Full length mirror Sony sound system
- Twin Guest Stateroom
- Twin berths Two reading lamps Beside table with lamp 6 storage drawers Cedar lined closet Flat screen TV Sony sound system Ensuite head with separate shower
- Single Guest Stateroom
- One single bed Bedside table with lamp Reading lamp Two cedar lined closets Two full length mirrors Flat screen TV Sony sound system Ensuite head with separate shower
- Broker's Comments
- WIRED is an impressive vessel with all the comforts of a land based home. She carries the Hatteras pedigree and is a heavy, well built small ship. Despite her age, she is in very good mechanical condition and very nice cosmetic condition. She is move in ready and would make a great cruiser and liveaboard - even for a large family. Below is a partial list of improvements since her current owner purchased her. All work listed is accompanied by receipts. Advantage Marine Diesel, Hollywood, FL $86,000: major overhaul of both engines $45,000: various mechanical projects including work on generators Bradford Marine, Ft. Lauderdale, FL $105,000: various projects including replacing thru hulls, rebuilding both water tanks, new pumps, renewing existing hoses, exhausts, etc. 19 page detailed receipt Tropical Marine, Ft. Lauderdale, FL $28,000: installed four new A/C units Electronics Unlimited $7,000: 3 new Garmin GPSmap 4212 units for PH and upper helm Precision Marine, Beaufort NC $40,000: rebuild Twin Disc transmissions
- Fourth Stateroom or Crew Quarters
- Upper double berth Lower single berth Teak and holly table with bench seating Full head with shower Flat screen TV Sony sound system Two cedar lined closets
- The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
- GET EMAIL UPDATES