- 42 (ft.)
- Hull Material
- Fuel Type
- Engine Model
- Number of Engines
- Engine Type
- Engine Hours
Maxwell is one of the cleanest Catalina 42 MKll's 2 cabin Pullman's on the market right now. Original owner has maintained her, loaded her with options, recent upgrades and now she is ready for you. New bottom paint 12/2012 and full bottom inspection. Truly a must see boat. If you are a Catalina fan or just want to move into this lifestyle you will want to jump on this now.
Call Now for an appointment.
- Misc. Upgrades / Options
- Raytheon instruments package. Sony AM/FM/CD player. LCD Flat screen and DVD Player. 4o lbs Bruce Style Anchor. 100' Tensile Anchor Chain. 200' Anchor Line. Cockpit Cushions. Coast Guard Safety Gear. 3000 Watt Pro Inverter Flex-O-Fold 3 Bladed folding prop Carbon Fiber Spinnaker Pole W/Offshore fittings Optional Top and Front loading Refrigerator Door. Hi Current battery charging output monitor. New Canvas 10/2011 New House Battery (1 ea.12 4D) 9/2011 New House Batteries (4 ea. 6 volt AH) 9/2012 New Whale Gusher 10 MK3 Bilge Pump 9/2012 Isolated Engine Engine Start Battery with switch added 9/2012 Interior Cushions-Ultraleather light Oyster.
- Equipment List
- Catalina 42 Mark II Specifications - Standard Equipment - Five year gelcoat blister protection - Five year hull structure warranty Spars and Rigging - Double spreader masthead rig - Full batten mainsail, Dacron with two reef points and Dutchman flaking system - 140% furling genoa, with UV. protection - Complete standing and running rigging - Internal pre-stretched Dacron rope halyards - PVC wiring conduit with messenger in mast Sail Handling and Equipment - 2 x 2-speed self tailing primary winches - One two-speed self tailing mainsheet - main halyard winch - Second jib halyard led aft with sheet stopper - Two-speed self tailing jib halyard winch - 10" winch handle - Mainsheet traveler with car and 6:1 adjuster system - Inboard and outboard genoa tracks - Genoa turning blocks - All halyards led aft, to sheet stoppers - Headsail furling gear - Single line mainsail reefing system - Boom vang, solid adjustable type Propulsion, Steering and Controls - Pedestal steering, brake, engine controls - Fresh water cooled, diesel engine with reduction gear - Three blade propeller - Sea water strainer on cooling inlet - Fully instrumented engine panel - 5" illuminated binnacle compass - 44" destroyer wheel with stainless steel pedestal guard - Emergency tiller - Bilge blower Features and Deck Hardware - One piece fiberglass hull, white - One piece fiberglass deck, - White with gray two-tone - "T" cockpit with contoured coamings - Walk thru stern with transom boarding platform - Stern boarding ladder with contour treads - Double lifelines with gates port and starboard - Fiberglas cockpit table with two folding - Leaves and footbrace - Mooring cleats, two fore and two aft - Midship springline cleats - Molded-in gel coat waterline, Midwatch Blue - Midwatch Blue sheer stripes - Large anchor roller on foredeck - Electric anchor windlass with foot switch - Anchor locker forward with provision for below deck anchor storage - Stainless steel hand rails on cabin top - Contoured helmsman's seat - Stern rails with observation seats, port and starboard Interior - Varnish finish on interior - Cabin window shades - Custom molded counter tops - Navigation station with chart table, and chart storage - Owners stateroom midship with large double berth, hanging locker, bureau with drawers, and private head forward - Teak veneer bulkheads and teak trim - Storage lockers, cabinets and drawers - Teak and holly veneer sole - Inner spring mattresses on fore and aft berths with custom fitted sheets Galley - Refrigeration, DC powered system - Built-in microwave oven, AC powered - Double stainless steel sinks - Gimbaled three burner stove with oven, stainless steel, L.P.G. - Fiberglas lined icebox with racks - Pump for overboard discharge of ice box Plumbing System - Pressure water distribution system with filter at pump - Hot water heater with engine heat - Exchanger and electric element - Manual bilge pump - Electric bilge pump - Two marine heads, with holding tanks, and deck outlets - Macerator pumps for overboard discharge of holding tanks - Head aft with vanity counter, medicine chest and shower - Private owners head forward with vanity, medicine chest and separate stall shower Electrical System - Three heavy duty 12V marine batteries - Battery charger, multi-bank automatic - International running lights - 115V 30 amp. shore power - Masthead, foredeck and steaming lights - 12V lighting throughout - Custom 115V AC - 12V DC electric panel - Circuit breakers for AC & DC electric circuits - Ground fault circuit protection - AC duplex receptacles throughout Catalina 42 Mark II Optional Equipment Fittings and Equipment - Wing keel - Fin keel. - Mast with internal mainsail furling system and furling mainsail, in lieu of standard - Cockpit dodger side panels & window covers. - Bimini, extended without cockpit dodger - Cockpit dodger, side panels, window covers and Bimini with connector panel - Safety and equipment package - Teak cockpit sole grate - Canvas package with 1 mainsail cover, 1 pedestal cover, 4 winch covers - Cockpit cushions, vinyl, white with gray piping - Cockpit cushions, vinyl, with closed cell foam, white with gray piping - Leather wrapped wheel, in lieu of standard - Ultraleather main cabin upholstery, in lieu of standard. - Interior decor package Electronics Packages - Raytheon ST60 Speed And Depth Systems mounted on 4 instrument NavPod with 1" AngleGuard - VHF radio, Raytheon Ray45 with antenna - VHF radio Standard Intrepid with RAM microphone and antenna - Wind package: Raytheon ST60 Wind System - Nav station repeater: Raytheon ST60 Multi Display - Chartplotter A: Raytheon RL70RC Radar-ready 7" display on NavPod with Ray 112GPS antenna . - Radar antenna: Raytheon 2 kW dome and cable, mast mounted. - Nav station display: Raytheon RL70 Second Station for chartplotter - radar - Chartplotter B: Raytheon 620 10" Display on NavPod with Ray 112 GPS antenna - ST6000 Autopilot: Raytheon Type 1 inboard system - Stereo B: Sony CD - receiver, two pair Poly-Planar speakers each in main cabin and cockpit with remote control - Stereo C: Sony cassette receiver - CD controller, 10 C-D changer, two pair Poly-Planar speakers each in main cabin and cockpit with remote control - TV - VCR combo unit with remote control, 12V dedicated inverter and marine antenna - Heart 2000 watt inverter, with 100 amp battery charger and freedom remote panel in lieu of standard battery charger Sails - 155% furling genoa, Dacron w- UV protection and sheets, in lieu of standard 140% furling genoa . - Poleless cruising spinnaker with sheets, 1.5 oz. nylon, color option Cradle - Shipping and storage cradle, steel
- Manufacturer Provided Description
- The Catalina 42 has earned an international reputation as the leader in her class. By leading in design, cruising performance, and comfort, the Catalina 42 has become the first choice of sailors worldwide. The hull of the 42 MkII is high volume, and easily driven, with a fine entry, firm midship section, and smooth run aft terminating in a modified reverse transom with an uncommonly spacious and functional boarding platform. A long, horizontal skeg runs aft between the fin or wing keel and the rudder for sure tracking. The rudder is large and balanced, ensuring control in all conditions. The Catalina 42 MkII deck was designed with shorthanded sailing in mind. All the halyards, the mainsheet and the single line main reefing controls are led to the cockpit, and placed to be operated from under the dodger when necessary. The wide weather decks and inboard shroud base make passage forward easy and secure. The bow roller and below deck electric windlass greatly simplify anchor handling. Both the two and three cabin arrangements feature varnished teak joinery and ash side paneling on the hull. Excellent light and ventilation are provided naturally from aluminum-framed opening hatches and ports. Numerous recessed halogen lights offer an inviting ambiance.
- Sail Inventory
- Dacron Main cruising Dacron Jib cruising VMG racing Main ( Polyant Flex Pentex double Taffeta ) VMG racing Jib (Polyant Flex Pentex double Taffeta) Ullman .6 Spinnaker
- PHRF Rating Certificate
- Bouy Rating : 108 RLC Rating : 102 OWC : 102 Non-Spin offset : 15
- Note: Owners personal items "NOT" inclided in this purchase. The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.