Professionally Maintained Boat - Unique Opportunity To Add "SAILING PARTNER" Income if Desired
Fully Air Conditioned - Reverse Cycle Heat
Three Cabins - Large Owner's Cabin Forward - Single Head w/Shower Stall
Salon: Large Circular Dinette – With additional Seating and Table Opposite – L Shaped Galley
Shallow Draft - Excellent sailing performance - Large Cockpit with Twin Steering Wheels, Extra Long Seats, Excellent Access to Swim Platform - Bimini and Dodger
Dependable Yanmar 56 HP Engine - Fully Equipped with Electronics - Safety Gear - All Necesary Equipment
This is an opportunity to own a high quality sailing vessel that has been professionally maintained. She is a three cabin model for larger families or guests, and very capable of extended cruising or short trips. Her "open" style cockpit allow for easy movement throughout the cokpit and her twin wheel steering in not only advantageous for excellent visability forward, and "feel"pof the vessel - it also allows for excllent access to her swim platform.
This is a "Turn Key" vessel - ready for you sailing adventures - There is also a unique opportunity to gain income from the vessel by participatiing in the extended sailing program currently in place. Please call listing broker for more details, and to set up an appointment to see this vessel.
- LOA ......................................... 40 ft. ...................... 12.19 meters Beam .............................12 ft. 11 in ......................... 3.63 meters Draft ..................................4 ft. 11 in .......................... 1.5 meters Overhead Clearance........54 ft. 6 in ....................... 16.6 meters Displacement...................17,835 lbs. ......................... 8,090 kilo Ballast ............................... 5,840 lbs ......................... 2,649 kilo ENGINE.......Yanmar diesel 4JH3E.. 56 HP ( 1500 hours... ) TANKAGE: Fuel...............36 gal. ............. 136.3 liters Water......... 100 gal ............. 378.5 liters Holding ........20 gal ............... 75.7 liters
- Accommodations and Walk Through
- Three Stateroom Layout - Sleeps 8 Large Owner's cabin forward with Double berth, includes private vanity (2) Double cabins aft Dinette converts to additional double berth Anchor Air -air conditioning unit w/reverse cycle heat 16,000 BTU WALK THROUGH: Large cockpit has dual steering stations that allows for easy access from the swim platform into the cockpit - Upon entering the Main Salon - the L-Shaped Galley is immediately to Starbd, and the full head w/shower is to Port. Two Identical guest cabins, with double berths, are aft of the companionway steps - to Port and Starbd. A circular Dinette is forward of the Galley, on Statbd side, and easily seats 6 people - The Dinette also converts to a double berth. Opposite the Dinette, on Port side, is a seating area with table between the seats and a Nav station Forward of the Dinette is the entrance to the owner's cabin with a double berth. OWNER'S CABIN: - Large double berth with storage under. Settee and full hanging locker to Port, vanity and additional storage to Starbd. GUEST CABINS: - (2) identical guest cabins aft with double berth in each. There is also a hanging locker and additional storage All cabins well ventilated and air conditioned. Manual head - certified MSD type III with holding tank and Y valve ( holding tank is high on side of hull and drains by gravity through large thru hull and sea cock below water line)
- Salon and Galley
- SALON: The spacious saloon is finished with the traditional Jeanneau attention to detail, and the feeling below is that of warmth and relaxation. The Salon offers two seating areas: To Port . is a forward facing Nav Station plus two confortable seats separated by a table. A full head is aft of the Nav station on this side of the vessel. To Starbd is the circular Dinette that seats (6), There is ample storage outboard of each seating area. Teak and hiolly sole throughout Solid wood cabin and head doors 12v interior lighting GALLEY: The L-shaped Galley if to Starbd - Aft of the Dinette - This convenient location allows for easy access to the companionway stairs an cockpit. Abundant storage Eno - LPG 2 burner range and oven ( LPG tank in dedicated aft locker with shut off) Single SS rectangular shaped sink FRP fresh water tank w/ 12 v diaphragm type demand pressure pump hot water - 110v electric and engine heat exchange system
- Electrical and Electronics
- ELECTRICAL: AC.DC electric panel with breaker switches House batteries - (3) - Separate engine start battery Inverter/Charger - Heart Interface 1500 80 Amp alternator on engine 30 Amp shore power receptacle and cord Various 110v outlets through out vessel - GFCI outlets at Galley and Head 110v hot water heater w/ engine heat exchanger 20" Flat Screen TV w/DVD player Sony stereo, CDS player and pioneer speakers ELECTRONICS: Auto Pilot - Raymarine ST6001 GPS/Chart Plotter - Raymarine C80 mounted at helm - w/ navionics Gold electronic chart pack - Region 4 VHF - Icom w/command mic at helm Speed/log - Raymarine ST60 tri-data at both helms Wind direction/speed - Raymarine ST60 Barometer
- Engine and Mechanical
- Yanmar 4JH3E 56 HP ( 1500 hours) Racor fuel filter/water separator Morse throttle controls Aqua lift exhaust system Aluminized foam rubber sound insulation in engine room (3) blade propeller Perko bronze raw water strainer 1 1/4 "Propeller shaft - Stainless Steel Edson pedestal steering - dual stations emergency tiller Bilge pump - Rule 500 automatic Anchor Air 16,000 BTU air conditioning system w. reverse cycle heat
- Sails an Rigging
- Equipped with a standard Genoa furler and a semi-full batten mainsail, it is an easy boat to maneuver under all weather conditions. The shrouds are located inboard, opening up the passageways for safe and sure movements on deck. The stylish windows and quality hardware show the best that the Sun Odyssey 40 has to offer. Pro Furl - Genoa furling system Z Difussion Aluminum mast and boom Double spreader rig SS turnbuckles and toggles Internal chain plate ith adjustasble rod to hull attachment (4) winches
- Hull and Deck
- The sugar scoop shaped stern has built in steps and a shower, making it easy to jump in for a swim. The cockpit width that extends all the way to the stern is exceptional. With lots of room for the crew, nobody is in the way. With twin steering wheels, ergonomic cockpit benches that are comfortable sailing or at the dock, plenty of storage space for all your cruising gear, a folding cockpit table, and an accessible mainsail traveller on the roof, this Sun Odyssey 40 has the space and comfort you dreamed about for easy sailing. Bimini and Dodger Full displacement hull w/winged keel and spade rudder Solid FRP hull - white gelcoat FRP longitudfinal stringers in a grid Smooth gelcoat finish in bilge Keel mounting by SS bolts to grid and reinforced keel stub Chain locker forward with overboard drainage Cored FRP deck with molded non-skid - white gelcoat Hull to dck joint is of dek overlap type with through bolted SS fasteners on 8" centers - Integral machined aluminum toe rail SS stanchions and cable lifelines with boarding Gates Port and Starbd SS bow pulpit and push-pit rail Direct overboard cockpit drain - no scuppers SS handrails along sides of superstructure and other locations Bimini and Dodger w/connector
- The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.