- 36 (ft.)
- Hull Material
- Fuel Type
- Engine Model
- 6LY2A-STP FWC Diesel
- Number of Engines
- Engine Type
- Engine Hours
COCHISE is an exceptionally well-maintained Picnic Boat EP (Extended Pilothouse) that has been used exclusively as a day boat. COCHISE has always had a captain to clean and occasionally operate the boat during the summer season. Each winter, COCHISE has been in heated inside storage with full Hinckley service performed both mechanically and cosmetically.
- COCHISE Features
- Some introductory COCHISE boat features include: Varnished teak pilothouse, instrument pod, dash and teak coamings and coaming caps Bow rail Integrated wet bar in engine box 5 Frigast stainless steel 12-volt lamps provide plenty of interior lighting Interior pilothouse window sun covers Ocean Air Sky screens/shades on all four pilothouse hatches and main cabin hatch (5) Hella fans - Two in main cabin, 1 in head and two in pilothouse Accupoint heater with outlets in pilothouse, main cabin and head. Glendinning Electric Cord Reel Entertainment Electronics: Alpine CDA-9827 CD Receiver, Changer/Controller with AM/FM tuner and Sirius satellite radio Alpine CHA-S634 6-disc CD changer integrated wtih Alpine Ai-Net · (2) Alpine MB Quart DKE- 16 black speakers on V-berth forward bulkhead (2) Alpine STM6666 speakers in pilothouse
- Hull and Deck
- Flag Blue Awlgrip Topsides Light Cream Gelcoat Cabin house and deck Matterhorn White Double Boot Stripe with Red Center Stripe Red Bottom Construction - The hull is Hinckley DualGuard® Composite Construction Kevlar E-glass hybrid outer skin. Aircraft grade end grain balsa below the waterline. Carbon-fiber inner skin. SCRIMP® laminated with vinylester resin. Deck and cockpit are E-glass with balsa and closed-cell foam core, SCRIMPED with vinylester resin. The Deck sole has a molded-in nonskid pattern Marelon ball-valve seacocks with thru-hulls below water line and Marelon thru-hulls above the waterline Stainless steel half-round on fiberglass molded rub rail Swim Platform = Heavy-duty fiberglass swim platform- Teak insert treads, stainless steel bracket and half-round Stainless steel telescoping 3-step folding swim ladder that stores under platform Deck features: Flush foredeck anchor locker with hinged hatch and windlass package. Rounded, tapered, varnished teak toe rail with Hinckley profile Stainless Steel Bow Rail Varnished teak eyebrow molding around cabin top Varnished teak handrails on house top, cabin and aft end of pilothouse Four (4) elliptical ports on house sides (all opening with screens) Hinckley pilothouse mast with spotlight and radome painted to match deck. (5) Low profile opening aluminum hatches with removable screens Custom Hinckley 316L stainless steel bow chocks Bow, stern and 316L stainless steel mooring cleats - mid-rail easily reached from cockpit – pop-up mid ship cleats. Fender padeyes with toe rail chafe strips Chafe strip mounted across transom Three fishing rod holders (one is to hold up shore power cord)
- Teak interior cockpit coaming Cockpit sole has molded-in nonskid and direct overboard drainage scuppers. Cockpit lockers - with varnished louvered teak doors. Cockpit shower with mixing valve- located at the stern seat. Teak fishing rod storage rack mounted under the cockpit coaming Entry to the cockpit: A stainless steel cockpit step with teak treads - mounts port or starboard with stainless steel brackets. Teak boarding step - for port or starboard side deck. Forward cockpit seating is available in the Picnic EP engine box that has an integrated wet bar and an aft-facing cushioned seat finished in Sapphire Vintage Bar Stripe Sunbrella #4948 fabric. The Wet Bar at the aft end of the pilothouse includes a molded sink with foldaway faucet and hot and cold pressure water, insulated and self-draining icebox, and a storage drawer. The sink and cooler have a varnished teak cover The entire engine box/wet bar and seat is hinged on the aft end and has electric lift for easy access to the engine Aft is a full-width settee with back and seat cushions finished in fabric that matches the forward seat. Aft settee includes two hinged lids under the cushions to allow access to removable storage tubs and to access bilge areas. There are port and starboard cup holders just forward of cushions. Cockpit cover - Full Ivory-color cockpit cover, attaches to pilothouse with snaps around cockpit coaming Weather covers- Ivory-color weather covers for aft settee and engine box cushions
- Pilothouse (Extended)
- Teak finished upper pilothouse sides and dash. (4) Pilothouse windows include: (2) Sliding side windows and (2) Fixed, forward with heavy duty, self-parking, intermittent windshield wipers and fresh water washers. Pilothouse sole has molded-in non-skid. Insulated white overhead has four (4) acrylic opening hatches with Ocean Air Sky screen/shades. Additional illumination is by four (4) overhead low-voltage halogen lights. Storage locker under pilothouse settee. (2) Hella fans - mounted port and starboard. Cup holders. Teak Binocular rack on starboard main bulkhead Teak magazine rack on port main bulkhead The Pilothouse interior has a varnished teak locking companionway door as well as: Custom centerline varnished teak handrail is under the pilothouse cabin top (2) Varnished teak handrails are under the aft outboard ends of the pilothouse cabin top More: Ivory-color drop curtains with windows provide fully enclosed pilothouse Ivory-color interior window sun covers for all four pilothouse windows Ivory-color mooring cover Forward: Stidd 500N helm and passenger seats are on powder-coated pedestals that are height, as well as forward and aft, adjustable. They can swivel to face aft. Stainless steel footrest is mounted on helm bulkhead. Port passenger seat includes a Stidd 2X footrest on seat. These seats are finished in Admiral Blue Ultra-Leather #291-2556 Forward Port : Forward passenger area also includes a varnished teak integral handrail/cup holder on the forward bulkhead. A louvered door locker is outboard of the navigator seat pedestal. Helm Station (Starboard): Varnished teak custom instrument pod. Stainless steel 14” steering wheel with varnished wood rim. Hinckley Jet Stick®. Engine gauges, tachometer with hour meter, oil pressure, water temp., nozzle indicator Top-opening locker with chart storage 12-volt “cigarette style” outlet in chart pocket Three cup holders. Helm Electronics/Navigation Equipment: Raytheon Raymarine ST-6001 Autopilot with GyroPlus2 sensor, interfaced to GPS Raytheon Raymarine C120 12” color Radar/GPS Chartplotter display with 2-Kw Radome Raymarine Raystar 120 LP WAAS GPS antenna Icom M402 VHF Radio with DSC Lenco trim tabs Raytheon ST-60 multi-function display with depth, water temperature and speed indicator Ritchie compass – helm mounted Next aft , the extended pilothouse roof shades additional seating with a L-shaped settee with varnished teak shelf rim to port that faces inboard and forward and has back and bottom cushions covered in Sunbrella Captain Navy Regimantal #4962 fabric. There is locker stowage beneath the settee Triangular vanrished hi/low teak table (converts to a small berth), on removable pedestal, hinges to open to make a larger square One cup holder - aft
- Interior Accommodations
- The Interior is finished in satin-varnished cherry, including sheathing. The cabin sole is varnished teak and tulipwood and has a custom cabin sole cover. There is an opening overhead hatch with Ocean Air Sky screen/shade and there are four opening ports below. All opening ports have removable screens. Walk-Through: From the pilothouse companionway is the galley to port, private head to starboard and the V-berth accommodations forward. Galley (Port ) The stove is set in the countertop forward and has a custom wood stove cover/cutting board which adds to the already ample counter space surrounding the sink. Microwave is built in outboard. The refrigeration is mounted aft of the sink and is accessed by a counter lift-up top. Blizzard Corian countertop. Stainless steel sink with Grohe fixtures and spray nozzle. Hot and cold pressure water Adler Barbour refrigeration – 12-volt cold plate refrigerator in a self draining box Force 10 two-burner stainless steel stove with remote propane shut-off and wood cover/cutting board. Microwave 600-watt 110-volt oven. 110-volt outlet. Under counter pull-out garbage receptacle. (3) Cherry pullout drawers. Red step-light in galley. LP gas sniffer. Propane shut-off valve. Opening port with screen. Additional storage is provided outboard and under the galley sink . A pantry locker with louvered door and several shelves separates the galley from the forward V-berth area. Head (Next aft starboard) Solid cherry door panel door. Molded fiberglass sole for easy cleaning. Varnished cherry countertop with an undermounted porcelain sink. Grohe faucet/hand held shower provides hot & cold pressure water – bracket for shower bulkhead mounted Sealand Vacu-Flush electric marine head is plumbed to a 27-gallon aluminum holding tank and overboard discharge Mirror on the forward bulkhead with cherry frame. Storage is provided by cherry faced lockers above and outboard the vanity, a drawer with a cherry face beside the marine head, and a locker under the vanity. 110-volt outlet Hella fan Opening port with screen, as well as forced ventilation. V-Berth Area (Forward): A double berth is formed with an insert and matching cushion. Cushions are upholstered in Captian Navy/Forest Green/Yellow/Red Regimental #4962 Storage locker under a V-berth has a shelf and an easy-access cherry drop-front doors Varnished cherry shelves over port and starboard V-berth. Hanging locker is just aft of the V-berths to starboard. There is a 12-volt outlet in the forward face of the port settee locker. (2) Stereo speakers are mounted port and starboard on the forward bulkhead. (2) Hella fans – port and starboard bulkhead facing aft. Overhead opening hatch with Ocean Air Sky screen/shade
- L ow resistance, heavy copper and sacrificial zinc anode electrical bonding system with zinc saver: 12-Volt DC electrical system: (3) 12-volt batteries for a total of 540-amps 80-amp battery alternator on engine Heavy-duty battery parallel switch also allows emergency starting Electrical 12-volt distribution panel includes thermo-magnetic breakers, volt and amp meter. 110-Volt 30-amp AC electrical system: 110-volt shore power inlet, relay and a shore power cord with power indicator light H eart Interface Freedom 10 Inverter/Battery Charger w ith Remote monitor panel COCHISE has a DC distribution panel, volt and amp meters and an A/C sub-distribution panel.
- Mechanical Equipment
- 2005 Yanmar 6LY2A-STP six-cylinder 440-hp diesel engine: Hamilton 292 Jet Drive ZF IRM220PL reduction transmission Vetus 7" 12-volt reversible bow thruster Hinckley custom JetStick® control system - integrated with bow thruster Yanmar fuel filter/water separator Tachometer - with engine hours gauge Fuel, oil pressure, and water temperature gauges Alarms for high-low oil pressure, and high water temperature Water jet nozzle direction indicator Custom wet-exhaust muffler system Oil transfer pump for engine and transmission. Manual hydraulic steering pump. (2) Electric 1500-GPH 12-volt bilge pumps with float switches. Whale emergency bilge pump - mounted in cockpit locker. In-line 12-volt automatic shower sump pump 27-gallon aluminum holding tank - with overboard discharge. 35-gallon stainless steel water tank - with flush mount vent. 6-gallon stainless steel hot water heater – shore power and engine heated. (2) 80-gallon heavy gauge aluminum fuel tanks - total 160-gallons Mylar-faced acoustical foam-lined engine box insulation. Engine box cover has double gaskets and an electric riser. Engine box forced air exhaust fan Automatic engine compartment fire suppression system, with automatic engine shut-down
- Additional Equipment
- Bow varnished burgee pennant staff with flush socket. Stern-mounted 4-ft. varnished teak ensign pole & flush socket. Boat hook - mounted under side deck. Brass 6” Bell Dock lines Fenders with cover – and Wichard snap hooks for each fender line. Deck shower/water outlet, with hot & cold mixing valve. Life jackets. Handheld flare kit (3) 2.5# Dry chemical fire extinguishers. 12-volt trumpet air horn with switch on dash. Masthead and running lights. ACR spotlight - Masthead - mounted with helm mounted electric remote control. 8-person Winslow Rescue Life Raft II (Serviced June 2010). GPIRB - NAT 406 S1515 US/International – mounted in cockpit Ground Tackle Equipment : Muir electric windlass pkg: Flush foredeck anchor locker houses a Muir electric windlass with polished stainless steel Delta 22# anchor + 15” stainless steel chain & 150’ anchor rode and polished stainless steel folding bow roller. The windlass can be operated from the helm station or a handheld wired remote at anchor locker.
- This is a beautiful example of the Hinckley Picnic Boat EP and is an excellent choice for the experienced yachtsman. She has all the proper equipment, and option choices, and is tastefully appointed with a classic color scheme. She has enjoyed seasonal usage in the Newport area from new and COCHISE has returned to the Hinckley yard each winter so she could be maintained in new boat condition. Offered by her original owner.
- The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
- Hinckley Brokerage Offices: SOUTHWEST HARBOR-ME: Broker: Bob Pooler Cell: 207-460-7589 E-mail: email@example.com Office: 207-244-5531 PORTSMOUTH, RI: Broker: Ted Gersen (CPYB) Cell: 401-338-2717 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Office: 401-683-7005 ANNAPOLIS, MD: Broker: Peter Howard (CPYB) Cell: 443-852-0193 E-mail: email@example.com Office: 410-263-0193 STUART- FL: Broker: Prescott Brown Cell: 772-538-2140 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Office: 772-403-5387 NAPLES-FL: Broker: Jack Erbes Cell: 401-418-2188 E-mail: email@example.com Office: 239-261-2879 HARBOR SPRINGS-MI: Broker: Marty Letts Cell: 231-330-3680 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Office: 231-526-4378 CHICAGO-IL: Broker: Ryan McPheeters Cell: 312-860-9474 E-mail: email@example.com MANTOLOKING-NJ : Broker: Jonathan Wilkes Cell: 201-918-1590 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Office: 732-477-6700