- 40 (ft.)
- Hull Material
- Fuel Type
- Engine Model
- FWC Diesel
- Number of Engines
- Engine Type
- Engine Hours
PATINA is a well cared for 1971 Bermuda 40. She has a 1990 engine and always had great overall maintainance, including bottom soda blasted and barrier coat added in 2011. Now stored in Gloucester, MA.
- PATINA is a Black Awlgripped B-40 Custom Yawl with a 1990 engine and a classic 6-berth, mahogany finished interior layout.
- HULL and DECK
- Black Awlgrip topsides White deck and house with Light Grey non-skid Double White Bootstripe – wide/narrow Gold Cove stripe Green bottom - Soda blasted in 2011 and barrier coated Construction: Solid fiberglass hull reinforced with additional laminations in all stress areas. Deck is set in a 6" flange molded into the hull, fiberglassed and bolted to form a permanent hull/deck joint. Nonskid pattern is molded into the deck. Teak and stainless steel rub rail Keel with centerboard = Draft: 4’4 Board up, 8’7” board down. External lead keel is fastened with stainless steel bolts, and the bronze centerboard is operated by manual worm gear. There is a mechanical counter on bronze centerboard. Deck highlights: Stainless steel bow and stern pulpits Stainless steel stanchions with double lifelines with gates – SS chafe strips at gates Teak eyebrow, varnished hand rails and deck trim (2) Two white translucent hatches with varnished teak trim Varnished teak companionway hatch (2) Custom 5” chrome dorade cowl vents with white interiors (2) Mid-ship cleats Varnished teak-covered aft deck double lazarette and separate propane locker Port and Starboard swim ladder mounts
- COCKPIT and Helm
- Cockpit has a varnished teak cockpit coaming with built-in winch pockets. Off-White dodger (2010) by Oakum Bay– with zip-open front window panel Dodger extension (2010) Cockpit awning Deck cockpit cushions Cockpit table - binnacle mounted drink holder and fold-down varnished teakHinckleytable Teak cockpit sole grate includes raised teak helm step Watertight, locking, opening seats offer sail locker storage Electronic gauges - mounted in forward bulkhead Engine gauges in forward cockpit well - easily viewable by helmsman Helm area: Edson binnacle wheel steering and SS binnacle guard Varnished wood steering wheel Binnacle mounted compass Helmsman’s seat Mainsail, mizzen and genoa are all controlled from the helm for single-handed use.
- Helm & Navigation Electronics
- Autohelm ST4000 Autopilot Furuno Radar - 4KW on Questus mount - Nav Station Furuno Navigator GPS - at Nav Station Garmin 545 GPS/Chartplotter (2011) with depth - at helm Autohelm Depth, Boatspeed/distance gauges – cockpit Maximum Windspeed indicator – Nav Station Horizon VHF Radio Compass – 3½” movable, custom mounted compass – nav station Compass – cockpit binnacle
- ACCOMMODATIONS BELOW
- PATINA sleeps 6 in her classic-style interior that is finished in satin-varnished mahogany with a gloss varnished teak and holly sole. Interior Walk-through : Forward is the Master Cabin with the Head next aft to port. The Full-width Main Salon is just forward of the full width Galley that includes the Nav Station to starboard. Amenities include: Alpine AM/FM Radio/CD Player, with 2 speakers (2) Interior clocks in head and galley; (Excluded: Salon Chelsea clock & barometer) Chrome kerosene lamp Integrated handrails outboard and custom overhead handrails Curtains on multiple aluminum framed window ports Chrome temperature/humidity gauge The Companionway and the opening overhead hatches with screens provide extra light and ventilation. FORWARD STATEROOM : Solid entry door provides privacy to this cabin. V-berth has a double berth adapter. V-berths have a seat between Drop front storage below V-berths Bookshelves outboard over V-berths Bureau Hanging locker Opening overhead hatch with screen provides extra light and ventilation There is forward door access to the forepeak chain locker. HEAD (ForwardPort): Vanity with new sink, faucet and Corian countertop (2012) Stainless steel sink with faucet and “telephone style” shower controls (2012) Hot and cold pressure water Medicine cabinet (Optional – currently off boat) Wilcox Crittenden “Skipper” head - plumbed via y-valve to holding tank or direct overboard pump-out. 6-Personal gear drawers Lockers Hamper storage Towel rack, soap and cup holders Tile floor Opening port MAIN SALON (Amidship): Overhead opening white translucent hatch with screen Dining table - Centerline table has two folding leaves Extension table is bulkhead mounted Port and starboard - are pull-out Settee/transom berths with Pilot berths over outboard. Storage is under the transom and pilot berths. Shelves outboard the pilot berths 12-volt lighting Bookshelf - forward Two privacy doors forward lead to the Head and Master Forward Cabin. GALLEY (Full width - Aft): White Formica countertop Stainless steel deep double sinks with fixtures and sprayer Hot and cold pressure water Gimbaled “Shipmate” 3-burner propane SS stove with oven – matching Formica stove cover Technautics marine Cold Machine – with extra large holding plate (2009) Storage provided by lockers and drawers Cabin sole built-in trash pan Varnished teak cup and mug holders Starboard built-in dish and silverware locker storage Ports outboard and companionway hatch with screen offer natural light and ventilation 12-volt galley lighting The companionway to the cockpit is located aft center. There is a locker at the top of the steps and the steps can be removed for access to the engine. NAVIGATION AREA (Aft Starboard galley): Refrigeration countertop accessed doubles as a nav table. Chart storage is above Instruments and custom instrument shelf Electrical panel
- SAILS and RIGGING
- Aluminum single spreader masts with booms (2 sets - one wood, one aluminum) Harken roller furling Slab reefing Stainless steel standing rigging Spinnaker pole Reaching Strut Winches: (2) #28 Barient (2) #22 Barient #20 Jib Halyard Sails: (2) Mainsails – one for aluminum boom, one for wood boom Mizzen Genoa Mizzen Staysail (2) Spinnakers: 3/4 oz and 1 oz Spinnaker Staysail
- Electrical and electronic grounding system to the keel. 12-Volt DC System: (2) 6-volt House Batteries (225 amp/hrs each – 450 amp/hrs total) (1) 12-volt StartingBattery Parallel cross-over switch lets house batteries start engine 110-Volt AC System: La Marche Battery charger Constavolt 30-amp shore power converter with shore cord (2) Inverters – 1000W and 1500W
- 1990 Westerbeke FWC 46-hp diesel engine (2736 hrs. 10/2012) 3-Blade fixed prop Line cutters (Shaft Shark) Fresh water cooling system Raycor fuel filter Engine alarm system Engine room sound insulation Emergency tiller system Freshwater pump, accumulator Automatic Bilge pump Manual bilge pump LPG electronic system, two 10-lb aluminum tanks - in aft deck locker
- Additional Equipment
- Ground Tackle: Stainless steel bow roller with 45-lb CQR anchor Danforth 35# anchor - mounted on cabin top with chocks 150’ nylon rode + 15’ chain Equipment: Companionway screens Rigging rollers (6) Hinckley swim ladder/boarding ladder Dock lines Fenders with custom covers Fenderboard (3) Fire extinguishers Life jackets (1) Horseshoe Lifering with stainless steel storage brackets Lifesling Spotlight Electric horn on mizzen Aluminum boat hook Custom Fir Boat hook – by Benjamin/Gannon Westerbeke offshore parts kit Custom Winter Cover - by the Canvas Store 2011
- The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
- Hinckley Brokerage Offices: SOUTHWEST HARBOR-ME: Broker: Bob Pooler Cell: 207-460-7589 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Office: 207-244-5531 PORTSMOUTH, RI: Office: 401-683-7005 • Brokers: Ted Gersen (CPYB) Cell: 401-338-2717 E-mail: email@example.com • Bob Jarrett (CPYB) - Cell: 203-600-8692 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org ANNAPOLIS, MD: Broker: Peter Howard (CPYB) Cell: 443-852-0193 E-mail: email@example.com Office: 410-263-0193 STUART- FL: Broker: Prescott Brown Cell: 772-538-2140 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Office: 772-403-5387 NAPLES-FL: Broker: Jack Erbes Cell: 401-418-2188 E-mail: email@example.com Office: 239-261-2879 HARBOR SPRINGS-MI: Broker: Marty Letts Cell: 231-330-3680 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Office: 231-526-4378 CHICAGO-IL: Broker: Ryan McPheeters Cell: 312-860-9474 E-mail: email@example.com