- 26 (ft.)
- Hull Material
- Fuel Type
- Engine Model
- Number of Engines
- Engine Type
- Engine Hours
NIMBLE combines the best of the old and the new. Built by Proper Yachts in Bristol, R.I., NIMBLE (ex. ICE BEAR) is a modern recreation of the original Alerion, designed by Nathanael Greene Herreshoff for his own use in 1912.
Halsey Herreshoff took the hull lines directly and with precision from Captain Nat's own adjustments of the Alerion's lines. For simplicity, low maintenance, and good sailing, the full keel configuration was adapted over a centerboard. The hull shape is produced in strong, light, easily maintained fiberglass with deck, trunk cabin and topsides cored for greater strength. Beautifully crafted teak coamings, seats, toerails and cockpit sole replicate the charm, warmth and classic good looks of Herreshoff's original personal boat.
NIMBLE is a well-maintained Alerion 26 — the only one for sale in the Southeast United States — and is sure to please the most discriminating of buyers.
- Hull and Deck
- White non-skid deck White NPG gelcoat hull Full keel Teak toerails and rubbing strakes (2) Bow cleats (2) Mid-ship cleats (3) Stern cleats (one on center) Stainless anti-chaff strips on toerails at cleats bases Chromed bronze chocks at bow and stern cleats Removable folding swim ladder mounting bases on port and starboard
- Beautifully crafted teak cabin sides, coamings and seats Solid teak cockpit grate Storage aft of tiller and on port / starboard sides (4) Lockable lazarettes under cockpit seats Ash tiller with extension (including hiking extension) Battery select switch located in port lazarette Folding swim ladder stored in port lazarette Blue cockpit cushions with white piping Custom teak drink holders U.S. Ensign on teak staff
- Awlgripped Hall Spars Self tending jib boom Main and jib sheets lead to roller bearing travelers Schaefer blocks Harken roller furling jib (2) Anderson #8 chrome halyard winches (2) Winch handles (2) Sail bags (4) Sail ties New Doyle StackPack on main Batten tool for StackPack (used to remove battens)
- Full cockpit canvas with zipper doors on port / starboard sides Cockpit storm canvas Doyle StackPack mainsail canvas Sacrificial jib canvas
- Ground Tackle / Docking
- (2) Anchors – 8# West Marine and Fortress FX-7 (2) Anchor lines – 100’ and 85’ each with 5’ chain (4) Docking lines (2) Utility lines – 5/16 x 16’ and 35’ (2) 8” fenders Boat hook
- Garmin GPS 152 at nav station (moves to base of companionway for cockpit viewing) Icom IC-M45 VHF at nav station Simrad TP-10 tiller autopilot Bulkhead mounted Standard Horizon depth sounder Bulkhead mounted Rule Aqua Meter compass with inclinometer
- V-berth forward with matching blue cushions and white piping Overhead hatch provides light and ventilation Storage shelves port and starboard Storage locker / access to bow compartment
- Navigation Station
- Navigation station to port features breaker panel, VHF, GPS, and bilge pump switch Bench seat with matching blue cushions and white piping
- Stainless sink with fresh water faucet Removable Igloo cooler serves as ice chest Storage lockers Solid teak cabin sole
- Marine head below V-berth filler cushion (removable front panel provides full access to head) 8 gal. aluminum holding tank
- Tiller steering Rule automatic bilge pump with float switch and manual switch at nav station Manual bilge pump in cockpit Marine head concealed under filler cushion at V-berth 8 gal. aluminum holding tank with deck pump out 12 gal. flexible fresh water tank with deck fill 6 gal. aluminum fuel tank with deck fill Bow, stern and steaming navigation lights Masthead tri-color light LED anchor light Spotlight Cabin lighting
- Yanmar 1GM10 - 9 hp diesel with only 140 hours Yanmar tool box Flex-O-Fold two-blade folding prop Spare Martec folding prop
- Cushion (throwable device) (4) Life vests (2) Fire extinguishers Air horn Misc. flares (3) Wood plugs
- The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
- Click here for high resolution photos To learn more about this yacht, please contact: Kevin Simmons Florida Licensed & Bonded Yacht Broker KevinS@EdwardsYachtSales.com (904) 235-3901 Cell (727) 507-8222 Office Click here for more Quality Yachts Out of state buyers, ask your Edwards Yacht Sales broker about using your boat in Florida for 180 days with no sales tax!