- 40 (ft.)
- Hull Material
- Fuel Type
- Engine Model
- QSC8.3 common rail electronic
- Number of Engines
- Engine Type
- Engine Hours
Custom Built to Exceptional standards, this 40' custom cruiser is built like a tank and finished like a piece of fine furniture. From the teak cockpit, covered by a removable shade, to the wide sidewalks, and into the cabin house with large opening windows, this vessel is built for comfort. "BESSY" offers excellent Electronics, galley up, wonderful seating and tremendous egineroom access. This is a two stateroom, one head w/ seperate stand-up shower layout. Two zones of heating/cooling offer year round comfort. Single diesel with bow thruster for nice maneuverability.
- Engine, Inverter & Genset
- Main power is provided by a Cummins QSC8.3 liter electronically controlled, common rail diesel engine. There are 810 hours on the engine. The SmartCraft gauge relays all vital engine information to the helm. The engine has two alternators, one for feeding the inverter/charger. The ZF Marine gear has a 1.75 to 1 reduction ratio and a dripless shaft seal helps keep the bilge clean and dry. Fuel is supplied by a pair of 150 gallon diesel tanks by way of Dual Racor fuel filters with shift-on-the-fly capability. A sidepower Bowthruster aids in the maneuverability of this vessel. Engineroom access is provided by three different hatches. Two of the hatches have electric rams to raise/lower the hatch panels. All hatches are insulated for sound and heat. AC power can be supplied by a Xantrex Freedom Marine 20 (2kw inverter/charger) with a control panel at the DC breaker panel. There is a seperate engine Alternator, just for the Inverter Batteries. Also, for cruising during times of Colder Weather, there is a Heatercraft Bus Heater that can be turned on when desired. This unit pulls heat from the fresh water cooling loop of the main engine and blows it into the pilothouse, keeping it warm and toasty. The 6.5kw Onan Diesel generator (in a complete soundshield) can also supply all required shore power. There are 100 hrs on the generator. There is a built in Automatic fire supression system located in the engineroom.
- Hull Construction
- The Thomas Point 40 is built at the Mast & Mallett facility in Edgewater MD. Hull construction is an Epoxy-Wood composite system with double planked Western Red Cedar over Fir Frames. Four longitudinal stringers are laid over the frames and joined to the frames. All structural wood pieces in the hull, deck and pilothouse have been coated with West System epoxy to compleately seal out any moisture prior to their installation in the hull. The exterior hull is coated in epoxy and covered with two layers of Fiberglass cloth for additional strength. The hull has an Awlgrip painted finish (Manteo Wheat) and the decks are painted in Awlgrip (Oyster white).
- Electronics & Electrical
- Galvanic Isolater Onan Diesel generator Xantrex Freedom Marine 2000 Inverter/Charger w/ Link 2000 control panel Insignia 19" HDTV/DVD in a custom cabinet Sony Drive S am/fm/cd/Sat stereo with Bose speakers throughout White overhead task lighting Red/White overhead Helm lights LED chart table light with Built in Chart Storage Icom M502 VHF Radio Ritchie Compass Remote spotlight Lectrotab Trim Tabs (3) Imtra pantographic windshield wipers with washers 12 inch Simrad color screen Radar/Ploter/Depth finder 72 mile Radar range, color GPS Plotter Simrad AP26 Autopilot Imtra anchor windlass with helm and forward controls Sidepower Bow thruster
- Galley & Salon
- stbd side galley-up design Princess 2 burner gas stove, gas tank storage is in a concealed Cockpit space GE Profile Convection microwave oven Frigoboat Stainless Steel Ref/Freezer Corian Countertops 10.5 gallon water heater 40 gallon Stainless Steel water tank Comfortable Salon L-shaped settee across from Galley is Maroon Leather Large Salon windows slide open and have screens, Great Air and Light Overhead Pilothouse hatches with screens 2 zones of reverse cycle Heating/Cooling w/ SMXir control panels
- Forward Acommodations
- Down stairs to the port is the Guest Quarters. This space has it's own overhead hatch with screen, Hanging locker, Drawer storage and Single bunk with innerspring mattress. There is a privacy curtain for this Guest space. The Master stateroom is forward with a Large Inerspring mattress, Wonderful Cabinetry with hanging lockers and drawer storage, stand-up headroom and a beautiful Mahogany privacy door. The stbd side enclosed head features a Vac-U-Flush toilet with Tank Watch monitor, Overhead Hatch/screen, and seperate stand up shower.
- Cockpit and Deck
- The teak cockpit has a step up to the Salon deck. There is storage underneath this step. The cockpit freeboard depth is nice and safe with additional storage in the floor, hot/cold fresh water transom shower and a raw water washdown connection as well. The teak swimplatform with foldout ladder is great for a cool swim, and there are removable davits on the transom for your dinghy. Side decks are wide and safe, with excellent handrails and a comfortable bow railing for access to the foredeck. The bow pulpit and anchor windlass, with foot pedal controls, makes for easy anchoring.
- The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
- http://www.bluewateryachtsales.com/broker/Scott-James/ located offsite. This wonderful 40' custom cruiser is located offsite, please call or email for a boarding appointment. International Inquiries are always welcome.