- 42 (ft.)
- Hull Material
- Fuel Type
- Engine Model
- Number of Engines
The "Wired Up" is a very fine example of the late Ricky Gillikin's Carolina design and craftmanship. With her traditional Carolina flare and exemplary head sea ride, she is a must-see for anyone in the market for a true Custom Carolina Express. Although her hull was completed in 1998, she has received a complete renovation starting in June of 2003 when she was re-powered with twin 480hp Cummins diesels coupled to a set of new ZF transimissions. At the same time, she received a new 9kw Northern Lights generator, new electronics package, new teak floor, new custom Release helm chair, a 16,000 BTU helm deck Cruisair AC system, a new entertainment system (including 2 flat screen TVs), a new Release fighting chair (with both the ladder-back and rocket launcher inserts), new Rupp triple-spreader outriggers, and a new tower with 17 rod holders welded into place to compliment the 6 flush-mounted rod holders in the cockpit.. Also, the kill box and two freezer boxes in the cockpit were outfitted with new chill and freezer plates. Then, in 2006, a custom canvas cover was tailored to cover and protect the teak cockpit and covering boards. In 2008, the "Wired Up" was brought to John Bayliss's yard in Wanchese, NC for a second renovation. This time, the main focus was on the exterior of the boat. During her stay in Wanchese, all of the exterior paint on the hull and topsides was stripped off, and the entire boat was re-painted with Alexseal. Next, the Bayliss yard re-did the covering boards, modified the side rubrails and sprayrails, and replaced the washdown faucets. Finally, a new EZ2CY enclosure was installed for the front three panels that follow the tower legs for greater visibility. The two side panels and aft curtain were replaced with new strataglass, and the tower received a new buggy top. Finally, in 2012, most of the electronics were replaced including a new Simrad NSE 12" display which controls satellite weather and radio. New bonding system and antennas were added as well as new LED cockpit spreader lights. Basically, the only thing 1998 about this boat is the hull! If you want an Express sportfish with the quality Carolina craftmanship of a Gillikin, the exterior finish of a Bayliss, and the incredible ride and fuel efficiency provided by the Carolina hull design, then you MUST come and experience the "Wired Up". She is a proven fish-raiser, and has always received the best of care. May 24- Price greatly reduced!!! Truly custom Carolina Beauty!! Seller has found his next boat and wants to move up immediately. May 30- the boat is fresh out of the yard for Spring maintenance. Bottom was painted, hull was waxed, new impellers installed, and engine cooling systems flushed. She is ready for the season.... Make your offer.
- The "Wired Up" was certainly built to fish, but she also features a very nice cabin for overnighting and light cruising. The master stateroom is forward and includes an off-set double berth, hanging locker, drawer storage, and a Sharp flat-screen TV. Aft to starboard is the head with stall shower, electric flush head, vanity, and dry storage. Further aft is the roomy L-shaped galley. To port is the salon area with comfortable setee (storage beneath), a second Sharp flat-screen TV (bothTVs are connected to a DVD player and satellite TV system), Clarion stereo, Cruiseair climate control, and a second hanging locker. The cabin is accentuated by a beautiful glossy teak sole and a flush-filled teak interior. The fit and finish reflects the craftmanship that one would expect from a true North Carolina custom boat builder. The helm deck features a centerline helm console with two 8' bench-style seats (rod storage beneath) on either side, and an over-sized Release Marine helm seat (2003). This area features a beautiful teak deck, Cruiseair climate control, excellent 360 degree visibility, a four-sided enclosure, and easy access to the cockpit. The cockpit is HUGE for a 42'! It features a very well maintained teak deck, teak covering boards around the gunnels, Transom door, a sun-shade, and a Release Marine fighting chair with cover.
- Galley Equipment
- -Jenn-Air electric cooktop with 2 burners -Stainless sink -U-Line refrigerator with freezer compartment -Kenmore microwave -Abundant drawer and cabinet storage
- Cockpit and Fishing Equipment
- Full custom tuna tower with controls and electronics Rupp triple-spreader outriggers Teak decks Raw water washdown Fresh water washdown Gaff storage Release Marine fighting chair w/rocket launchers 2 bait freezers Electric reel outlets Teaser reels 6 flush mounted rod holders 17 additional rocket launchers on tower legs Large transom fish box with chill plates
- The centerline helm console features a pop-up electronics display, as well as an overhead display. Most of the electronics are new, and include: LOWER STATION: -Furuno Nav-Net system -Simrad GPS/plotter -Raymarine ST6001 Autopilot -Furuno Tri-data -ICOM IC-M127 VHF -ICOM IC-M602 VHF -ACR spotlight -KVH satellite television system TOWER STATION: -Furuno Nav-Net -Raymarine autopilot control -ICOM 302 VHF
- Additional Equipment List
- Northern Lights 9kw generator (2003) Helm ac/heat (2003) ZF gears (2003) Switlick 6-man life raft Jabsco oil change pump Raritan battery charger Dripless shaft seals Emergency crash-pump Holding tank with macerator 50 amp power service
- While we attempt to display current and accurate data, this listing may not reflect the most recent transactions or may contain occasional data entry errors. Selling agent makes no warranties, express or implied, regarding the content or availability of the products described herein. All inventory listed is subject to availability and prior sale. Please consult selling agent for details. Prices are quoted for the USA only and may not include transportation, taxes, or other applicable charges. Photographs may be representative only and may vary somewhat from the actual items offered for sale. We will not be responsible for inaccurate data obtained from our site. Please check with your local dealer to ensure that you have the latest information available. Information on this web site could include technical inaccuracies or typographical errors. Changes may be periodically made to the information or the products herein. Questions or comments regarding these policies may be directed to website hosting agent.
- Mark Connors at (757) 406-1673 or firstname.lastname@example.org