- 44 (ft.)
- Hull Material
- Fuel Type
- Engine Model
- IPS 600 Series "D"
- Number of Engines
- Engine Type
- Engine Hours
Getaway really is a better than new boat with impeccable maintenance and continuous upgrades by an experienced and practical owner. From the Simrad NSE 12 navigation package with upgraded 4G broadband dual range radar to the Volvo IPS 600 propulsion system everything is state of the art and user freindly. Joystick controlls make docking child's play.
- Manufacturer Provided Description
- In our long history we have produced many new vessels, but none has challenged traditions or questioned the assumptions on which boats are generally built quite like our Sport Yacht series. This is especially true of the Riviera 4400, a boat rich in innovations – some quite radical. The story starts with the revolutionary Volvo Penta Inboard Performance System (IPS), a technology that features steerable drive units mounted under the hull with counter-rotating, forward-facing propellers. Rather than "pushing" the boat along as with conventional propulsion, the boat is literally "pulled" forward through the water. The result is superb handling, a remarkably tight turning circle and, thanks to an intuitive joystick, docking control and other close-quarters manoeuvres are delightfully easy. What’s more, IPS uses up to 30% less fuel than conventional drive systems. With the standard diesel horsepower ratings available, you can also look forward to a thrilling ride: racy, responsive, yet soft and dry. The hull is equally noteworthy. Not only is it designed using the latest CAD software, which contributes to the outstanding hydrodynamics of the hull, it has been constructed using the most up-to-date infusion-moulding technology. Compared with traditional open lay-up of fibreglass and resin, this infusion system produces more uniform thickness, reduced weight and greater strength. The hull is also divided into three sections, including a collision bulkhead forward. Given the contemporary styling, sumptuous comfort and long list of luxuries that are to be found on board the 4400, you will no doubt be tempted to cruise far from the madding crowd, and with a 1,500 litre fuel tank, it is certainly equipped to help you do just that. However, it is knowing that this a vessel with impeccable structural integrity, a vessel that can handle the vicissitudes of life at sea, that makes it possible to sit back and truly relax. And relax you will, because at Riviera we are passionate about putting more pleasure into your pleasure boating. As you are about to discover, that commitment is expressed in a myriad of ingenious ways.
- Aft Deck, Cockpit
- Starting all the way aft is the swim platform with teak inlay and built in boarding ladder on port side. There is a huge storage locker in the center of the transom and built in electric BBQ grill on port side above the Glendinning electric shore power cord reel. Up one step on starboard to the aft deck is the stainless steel gate, cockpit shower and swim platform controls. Very comfortable, ”L” shaped, forward facing lounge seating aft has great visibility. Wet bar on port has a sink over the ice maker and separate drink refrigerator. Storage lockers on starboard balance the look and house a lot of the DC breakers and control panels. The entire aft deck can be used as a separate area or opened to the main salon with ease. This makes for a versatility virtually unseen in boats this size.
- Main Salon Area
- Entering the main salon from the aft deck the galley and helm are on starboard opposite another large “L” shaped lounge area. Galley up is centrally located for the chef’s ability to stay a part of the party while doing anything. Excellent ergonomics and equipment from the under counter refrigerator/freezer to the dishwasher and upgraded convection/microwave oven. Just forward is the helm station with 360 degree view (as in the entire salon area) which also allows the captain to stay a part of the party. Folding coffee-dining table seats 6 for dinner or more for fun. Hidden blinds drop to assure complete privacy or open the sliding side windows, swing up aft window and electric sunroof to bring in the outdoors.
- The master stateroom is forward with a centerline queen bed, storage underneath, hanging lockers port and stbd and a private head with separate shower stall. Somehow Riviera found a way to eliminate most if not all of the wave noise usually associated with a forward stateroom. This makes for very peaceful nights at anchor! Guest stateroom is amidships and has a queen size berth and a single berth as well. Great for family cruising with kids! Guest head also has a separate stall shower.
- Revolutionary new technology, Volvo Inboard Performance System (IPS) steerable drive units are mounted aft under the hull, with counter rotating forward facing propellers that pull rather than push. Owner reports real world fuel economy of 1 mpg at 30 mph! Engine room access is through a man size hatch in the aft deck for routine checks or almost the entire aft deck can be raised for more serious endeavors. Space around the engines inboard, outboard, fore and aft rivals much larger boats. The 11 KW Onan generator is housed in a sound shield forward in the engine room and has 446 hours. All other systems are well located for access and ease of maintenance.
- Well organized helm area is equipped with the Simrad NSE 12 Navigation Package. This system is fully integrated with the Volvo IPS engines and has an outstanding reputation for simple reliability and ease of operation. Radar was upgraded recently to the broadband array which allows for 2 different ranges to be displayed at the same time without needing two different systems! Chart display is conveniently located for use by the helmsman or navigator as the case may be. AIS (automatic identification system) is a transceiver which broadcasts as well as receives vessel information. Helm even has anchor windlass controls with a chain counter! Raymarine VHF has distress calling option as well as all the normal features. KVH Tracvision M5 Satellite dome provides TV reception to both staterooms and the 26” Samsung LCD lifting TV in the main salon. The Victron inverter-charger allows for watching the TVs at anchor without even running the generator!
- Additional Equipment and Features
- Marquip 5 step boarding ramp with handrail mounts on port and stbd sides Additional outlets installed Spendide Combo-Matic 6200 Washer Dryer Extra Isotherm refrigerator (or freezer) compartment in hallway to staterooms Omni directional TV antennae for local broadcast TV reception Clarion entertainment system with am/fm stereo that is satellite ready, digital and has speaker controls in the cockpit as well ACR Global Fix EPIRB Foredeck sunpad with cover Great access to wide side deck walkways Cockpit storage under lounge seating Wash down with hose for anchor Pantograph windshield wipers with fresh water sprayers
- The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.