Built under Lloyds Register survey to exacting standards for an Olympic yachtsman and launched in early 2009, ALCANARA is at the top of her class in construction, fit out and performance. An aluminium hull and superstructure with Southern Spars carbon fibre rig and furling boom.
For more information about Alcanara please take a look at the full specification
- YACHT SPECIFICATION
- TYPE Auxiliary Sailing Yacht FLAG Australian CLASSIFICATION Built under survey Lloyds +100A1 SSC Mono Yacht LMC DIMENSIONS Length O.A. 29.1m (96’) Length W.L 25.0m (82’) Beam 7.4m (24’) Draft 3.8m (13’) TONNAGE Displacement 108 tonnes HS YEAR LAUNCHED January 2009 BUILDER S.E. Ward & Co, Australia DESIGNER Dubois Naval Architects, United Kingdom INTERIOR DESIGNER Rhoades Young, United Kingdom CONSTRUCTION Aluminium hull and superstructure with Southern Spars carbon fibre rig and furling boom, with Tilse triple laminate glass throughout
- MAIN ENGINE 1 x 318Hp Scania DI9 6cyl diesel Engine Hours : approx 2015 as at Dec 2011 GEAR BOX Twin Disc MG5082A SHAFT & PROPELLOR 1 X Hundested VP5 FREL variable pitch propeller & stainless steel shaft SPEEDS & FUEL CONS Cruising speed under engine ~10.5 kts @ approx 35 litres per hour including generator Maximum speed under engine ~12.0 kts @ approx 65 litres per hour including generator RANGE Approx 2300 nM at 10.5 kts 10% reserve allowance total diesel capacity ~8750 litres.
- AUXILIARY MACHINERY & ELECTRICAL SYSTEMS
- GENERATORS 2 x Westerbeke 26kW 230VAC Hours : approx 3200 Dec 2011 ELECTRICAL Custom Twin bus 230VAC 50Hz system, with quiet ship 10kW & 2.5kW inverters fed from 120 0Ah @24VDC main battery bank, Top Logic Systems, New Zealand. SHORE POWER ASEA AC30Q, 30kVA, 170-520VAC 40-70Hz to 230VAC 50Hz HYDRAULICS Omron PLC controlled custom ring main system Onboard Systems Ltd, Cervina Ltd New Zealand BATTERIES 24V Service Batt 1500A Sonnenschein 24V Emergency 150A Full River 12V Service Batt 50A Full River 12V Emergency 150A Full River BATTERY CHARGING Main Bank : 4 x Mastervolt 240VAC-24V/100A
- Founded in 1975, now with ten offices globally, Burgess is the superyacht industry leader, uniquely specialising in yachts of over 40 metres (130 feet). Renowned for its professional yachting services, the company leverages its expertise to guide clients through every aspect of the yachting experience, including sale and purchase, technical consultancy, management and charter. Please contact us for a full listing of our Central Agency Yachts for sale.