AD LIB - AN OCEAN VOYAGER OF IMPECCABLE BLOODLINES
Ad Lib is an ocean thoroughbred with the style and elegance of a true aristocrat. Designed by Dubois Naval Architects for an experienced and discerning owner, Ad Lib reflects the quality that comes from the single-minded pursuit of excellence. Built by Alloy Yachts, this 40m (131ft) motoryacht is an accomplished passagemaker that cocoons owners and guests in comfort while reeling off the miles. Powered by twin 1450hp Caterpillar diesels, Ad Lib has a cruise speed of 13 knots and a sprint speed of 16.5 knots. Generous tankage allows for a range of 4,500nm. AD LIB – AN OCEAN VOYAGER OF IMPECCABLE BLOODLINES On board, a wide variety of indoor and outdoor entertainment areas ensure that owners and guests can be as convivial, or as secluded as their hearts desire. An array of water-toys in the large stern ‘garage’, or the fully equipped gym, cater to the energetic. More restful hours can be passed on the sun-loungers, curled up with a book on a sofa, or relaxing in the spa. Inside and out, the Ad Lib project reflects the award-winning quality of engineering and craftsmanship that has become associated around the world with the Alloy Yachts brand.
- TYPE Twin Screw Diesel Yacht FLAG Cayman Islands DIMENSIONS Length O.A. 40.0m (131.0ft) Length W.L. 34.0m (113.0ft) Beam 8.5m (27.9ft) Draft 1.9m (6.2ft) TONNAGE Gross 294 Displacement 224 (fully loaded) YEAR BUILT 2006 BUILDER Alloy Yachts International DESIGNER Dubois Naval Architects INTERIOR DESIGNER Donald Starkey Designs CONSTRUCTION Welded aluminium hull Aluminium superstructure Teak laid decks CLASSIFICATION Lloyds 100 A1 SSC Motor Yacht Mono G6 LMC, MCA compliant
- MAIN ENGINES 2 x 1,450hp Caterpillar diesel engines type 3412E GEAR BOXES 2 x ZF type 1960 reduction gearboxes with 4:1 ratio SHAFT & PROPELLERS 2 x BT Marine bronze 1320mm diameter 5 bladed propellers SPEEDS & FUEL CONSUMPTIONS Cruising speed about 13 knots – 200 litres/hour Economical speed about 10 knots – 100 litres/hour Maximum speed about 16.5 knots – 450 litres/hour RANGE 2,530 Nm approx at 13 knots 4,550 Nm approx at 10 knots ENGINE HOURS April 2012 Port: approx. 2,021 Hrs Stbd: approx. 2,025 Hrs
- Auxiliary Machinery & Electrical Systems
- GENERATORS 2 x 55kw Northern Lights generators GENERATOR HOURS April 2012 Port: approx. 5,020 Hrs Stbd: approx. 5,030 Hrs ELECTRICITY 400/230 volt 3 phase, 50 Hz SHORE POWER 1 x Mastervolt Shore power, Shoremaster, Frequency/Voltage converter. BATTERIES 36 x 2 volt 420 Ah batteries 3 x Mastervolt 100 amp 24v battery chargers 1 x Mastervolt 50 amp 24v battery charger 2 x Mastervolt 25 amp 24v battery chargers
- Tank Capacities (approx)
- FUEL 34,460 litres in 5 tanks WATER 10,820 in 4 tanks HOTWATER 2 x hot water cylinders holding 600 litres (159 US gallons) each LUB OIL 545 litres (144 US gallons) STEERING OIL 270 litres (71 US gallons) HYDRAULIC OIL 1,000 litres (264 US gallons) WASTE OIL 45 litres (144 US gallon) OILY WATER 718 litres (190 US gallons) BILGE WATER 718 litres (190 US gallons) BLACK & GREY WATER 1,350 litres (357 US gallons)* * Both black and grey water is combined in one waste tank. A Hamann treatment system is fitted
- Ancillary Equipment
- STEERING SYSTEM Wagner Marine Hydraulic Steering RUDDER 2 x Aluminium rudders with stocks keyed for tillers BOW/STERN THRUSTERS TRAC II thrusters 90hp STABILIZERS Naiad 420 stabilizers with Multisea II control unit FUEL SEPARATOR AND FILTERS Westfalia OTC 2 Minera Oil Centrifuge with Racor 79/1000 MAVMP-30 fuel filter OILY WATER SEPERATOR Oilmaster oily water separating system, type DVZ 250 VC 316 stainless steel FUEL & OIL TRANSFER PUMPS 3 x Graco Husky 715 air operated diaphragm pumps FIRE/BILGE PUMP Depco electric drive all bronze 5hp pump ANCHOR WASH PUMP Depco hydraulic all bronze pump SEWAGE TREATMENT SYSTEM Hamann Wassertechnik MINI L Frame WASTE PUMP Edson 1.5” compact air powered diaphragm pump WC’s Actana 230v toilet system AIRCONDITIONING Condaria system reverse cycle with capacity of 288,000 BTU/hr 31 x thermostatically controlled air handlers WATERMAKERS 2 x Idromar water makers producing 4,500 litres (1,189 US gallons) per day each COMPRESSED AIR 2 x Atlas Copco compressors
- Communication Equipment
- SATCOM 1 x Furuno Satcom type C CELLULAR SYSTEM 2 x Ericcson VHF RADIOTELEPHONES 2 x Furuno FM2721 SSB RADIOTELEPHONE 1 x Furuno FS1570 TELEPHONE EXCHANGE Panasonic KXTD200 INTERCOM SYSTEM Stentofon
- Navigation Equipment
- MAGNETIC COMPASS 1 x Sestrel Magnetic Compass GYRO COMPASS 1 x C-Plath gyro AUTOMATIC PILOT 1 x C-Plath autopilot LOG 1 x Brookes & Gatehouse ECHO SOUNDER 1 x Navnet RADARS 2 x Furuno type 2117BB radars GPS 2 x GP37 CHART PLOTTER 1 x Transas NS 3000 WEATHER FAX 1 x PC based weather fax NAVTEX 1 x Furuno NX 500 WIND INSTRUMENTS 1 x Brookes & Gatehouse
- Office Equipment
- COMPUTERS 1 x Navigation PC, 1 x Office PC, 1 x Network PRINTER/SCANNER/FAX 1 x HP PSC2500
- Deck Equipment
- ANCHOR WINDLASS 2 x Maxwell type VWC4500 electric anchor windlasses AFT WARPING CAPSTANS 2 x Maxwell type VC3500 hydraulic capstan winches GROUND TACKLE 2 x Pool high holding power 160kg anchors 2 x 140m/16mm chains BOAT CRANE & DAVITS 1 x Nautical Structures davit type EZ-1100-3. Used to launch crew tender and Seadoo on foredeck PASSERELLE Three section telescopic custom Alloy Yachts passarelle. SIDE ACCOMMODATION LADDER Marquipt 10 step sea stairs. SWIMMING PLATFORM Access from the lazarette via a hinging door or down either of two sets of stairs from the main deck.
- Safety & Security Equipment
- SAFETY 2 x RFD 16 man liferafts in fibreglass valise 18 x Adult lifejackets 4 x Child lifejackets 4 x Plastimo Solas Lifebuoys 2 x Ikaros MOB units 4 x Ikaros Line unit’s c/w rockets 2 x 30m rescue throw lines in bags Francis MkV searchlight Assorted flares MEDICAL Full marine medical first aid kit (compliant with MC requirements) FIRE FIGHTING Aquamist fixed sprinkler system throughout accommodation spaces including galley and corridors with the exception of en suites and void spaces CO2 fixed fire fighting system in engine room Deluge system in lazarette 20 X portable fire extinguishers fitted throughout vessel 1 x Fire blanket 3 x fixed fire hose 2 x Fireguard fire suit 2 x Sigma breathing apparatus with facemask and cylinder 1 x Insulated fireman’s axe 1 x Marine lifting harness 1 x 40m hemp covered lifeline 1 x Pelican Super Sabrelight SECURITY CCTV system with 4 cameras – engine room, mast top, starboard side deck and aft deck. WATERTIGHT DOORS There are two custom watertight doors, one between the engine room and lazarette and the other between the galley and guest accommodation. SMOKE DOORS There are five smoke doors, one between the galley and crew area, one on the stairs to the wheelhouse from the galley, one on each side of the passage leading forward from the dining room and one in the guest accommodation passage. WEATHERTIGHT DOORS Alloy Yachts custom built pantograph doors lead onto each side deck below the wheelhouse. An Alloy Yachts custom built hinging door leads from the lazarette to the boarding platform. A custom built hinging side door provides tender water access through the hull from the lazarette. A custom butterfly pneumatic hatch is located at the top of the stairway from the aft deck to the flybridge. A custom sliding hatch is located forward on the fly bridge leading to the wheelhouse. INSULATION Extensive use of fibreglass blanket, and acoustic and vibration absorbing materials have been installed for fire, noise and vibration insulation.
- Audio/Visual Entertainment Systems
- TELEVISIONS 4 x 23 inch LCD mirror screen televisions (guest cabins and gym and Bose LS5 stereo systems (guest cabins and gym) 1 x 30 inch LCD screen television (Owners’ suite) 1 x 45 inch LCD screen plasma television (saloon) 1 x 15 inch LCD television (Captain’s cabin) 1 x 20 inch LCD television (crew mess) 1 x 37 inch LCD television (Flybridge) SATELLITE TELEVISION Satellite television available throughout VIDEO RECORDERS/PLAYERS 5 x DVD players (all cabins and gym) 1 x DVD player (saloon) 2 x DVD player (captains’ cabin and crew mess) STEREO MUSIC SYSTEM I POD music storage system (available in all cabins, saloon and gym) Onkyo 2.2 stereo systems in all cabins, gym and crew mess Gym Equipped with cordless headphones Pioneer stereo system (Captain’s and crew cabins and flybridge.
- Domestic Equipment
- MAIN GALLEY 2 x Miele electric ovens 3 x two burner Miele cook tops 1 x Alloy Yachts custom built range hood 1 x Miele combination convection oven and microwave 1 x Insinkerator and trash compactor 1 x Miele dishwasher 1 x Fisher and Paykel dish drawer dishwasher REFRIGERATION 1 x Hoshizaki fridge 1 x Hoshizaki fridge/freezer 1 x under floor custom built freezer (20 cu ft capacity) CREW LOBBY 1 x Franke Saphira coffee maker and bar fridge GUEST LOBBY 1 x U-line bar fridge. LAUNDRY 2 x Miele T5206 driers 2 x Miele WS 5425 washing machines 1 x Elna ironing press 1 x Iron and ironing board 1 x Steam Iron BARS 1 x flybridge bar, bar fridge, wine cooler, icemaker, dishwasher and glassware storage area 1 x Saloon bar with icemaker and bar fridge
- Other Equipment
- JACUZZI DIP POOL 1 x spa pool on upper deck SHIP’S SAFES 1 x EIKO safe in Captain’s cabin DECK FURNITURE Settees and sun loungers built in on upper deck. 10 x Summit chairs in aft cockpit. 8 x Summit Chairs on Flybridge. GYMNASIUM Gymnasium on port side of lower deck complete with Concept II rower and C9 Exercise bike with storage area (suitable for conversion to an ensuite bathroom) BARBEQUE 1 x Gas barbecue on upper deck NAME LIGHT Fibre-optically backlit stainless steel name light on transom complete with colour wheel on fibre optic projector
- Tenders & Watersports Equipment
- TENDERS 1 x Novurania Customline 5.4m rigid inflatable tender located in the lazarette with side door launching through a watertight door in the hull 1 x 3.4m Avon rigid inflatable crew tender with 15hp Honda outboard located on the foredeck WAVERUNNERS 1 x GTX 4-tec Sea Doo 2003 located on the foredeck DIVING EQUIPMENT 1 x Coltri-Sub dive compressor and compressed air outlet in forepeak
- OWNER Owners suite located forward on the main deck with study, large walk-in wardrobe and his and hers bathrooms with large shared shower GUESTS 2 x double cabins each with en suite bathrooms aft on lower deck 1 x twin cabin with en suite bathroom and additional Pullman berth 1 x Gymnasium with ensuite convertible to accommodation CREW Double Captains cabin with en suite bathroom 1 x twin crew cabin with en suite bathroom 1 x triple crew cabin with three single bunks with en suite bathroom AFT COCKPIT The aft cockpit has seating and an oval dining table for ten guests. Above is a pneumatic sliding sun awning to cover this area when required. A helm station for docking is located on the starboard side of the cockpit FLYBRIDGE A stairway from the aft cockpit leads to the extensive flybridge with sun pads aft, a Jacuzzi, barbecue, bar and dining table for eight guests. There is extensive built in seating and a large proportion of the area is covered with a fixed awning with tinted glass panels. Forward is the outside steering station with access to the wheelhouse below SALOON Forward of the aft cockpit through double sliding automatic stainless steel doors is the saloon. The television concealed to starboard. Large windows provide outside views DINING Forward of the saloon is a separate dining area and table for up to ten guests
- The bulkheads throughout the vessel are finished with book matched Wenge panels, together with leather and fabric panelling. The deck heads feature Wenge with a metallic silver finished moulding and mirror and painted or upholstered panel elements. The wheelhouse features extensive leather panelling. Interior soles are Oak planking in the public areas with carpet in cabins and marble in the en suites. The pilothouse sole is teak and sycamore. The crew’s area has an Amtico Oak floor. Counter tops, shower walls and soles are marble in the Owner’s and Guest areas. The galley countertops and cabinet fronts are Corian as are the crew counter tops. Bulkheads and cabinetry in the crews’ area are maple combined with Majitlite upholstered panels. Decks are fitted with 16mm quarter sawn teak planks 60mm wide. The hull is painted dark blue and the superstructure is painted metallic silver. It also has a metallic charcoal stripe detail along the window lines. These particulars have been prepared by Burgess from information provided by the sellers and are intended as a general guide to the vessel. Burgess cannot, however, be liable for any inaccuracy. It is up to the purchaser to confirm details of concern to him by survey, inspection and/or enquiry of the seller and to ensure that the purchase contract properly reflects his concern and specific details upon which he may rely. Burgess always advises an independent survey.
- The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
- Founded in 1975, now with ten offices globally, Burgess is the superyacht industry leader, uniquely specialising in yachts of over 40 metres (130 feet). Renowned for its professional yachting services, the company leverages its expertise to guide clients through every aspect of the yachting experience, including sale and purchase, technical consultancy, management and charter.