Conceived from the brief to design a supremely comfortable yacht that is also the fastest of her class, MARI CHA III mixes luxurious accommodation with an extremely light and solid hull built by Sensation Yachts.
For more information about MARI CHA III please take a look at the specification
- YACHT SPECIFICATION
- TYPE Auxiliary High Performance Ketch DIMENSIONS Length O.A. 44.72m (147.0ft) Length W.L. 38m (124.7ft) Beam 9m (29.6ft) Draft (half load) 4.50m (14.9ft) TONNAGE Displacement 130 tonnes (cruising) 115 tonnes (racing) YEAR BUILT 1997 BUILDER Sensation Yachts, New Zealand NAVAL ARCHITECT Philippe Briand Ltd EXTERIOR DESIGNER Philippe Briand Ltd INTERIOR DESIGNER John Munford Design CONSTRUCTION Carbon composite hull and deck Carbon rigs and booms Carbon foils Teak laid decks CLASSIFICATION ABS hull certificate
- MAIN ENGINES 1 x 600hp Caterpillar diesel engine GEAR BOXES 1 x ZF reverse reduction gear box SHAFTS & PROPELLERS 1 x Hundested 2006 variable pitch propeller connected to a stainless steel shaft SPEEDS & FUEL CONSUMPTIONS Cruising speed under power approximately 11 knots at a fuel consumption of approximately 50 litres per hour RANGE 4,000 miles aprox. (under power)
- SAILS AND RIGGING
- SPARS Carbon rigs by Southern Spars New Zealand STANDING RIGGING PBO standing rigging (new PBO forestays in 2010) SAIL WARDROBE New Sails 2011
- AUXILIARY MACHINERY & ELECTRICAL SYSTEM
- GENERATORS 1x 40kW (2700) Northern Light generator 1x16 Northern Lights generator ELECTRICITY 220v 3-phase 60Hz 12v DC SHORE POWER 1 x 63 Amp shore power supply BATTERIES 1,050 Amp Hour Standard Service batteries (new 2011)
- Founded in 1975, now with ten offices globally, Burgess is the superyacht industry leader, uniquely specialising in yachts of over 40 metres (130 feet). Renowned for its professional yachting services, the company leverages its expertise to guide clients through every aspect of the yachting experience, including sale and purchase, technical consultancy, management and charter. Please contact us for a full listing of our Central Agency Yachts for sale.